1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do I need to get a Leatherman PS4?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by warchild, Jun 28, 2013.

1. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

Ok so I have a Very,Very well used Leatherman P4,that I am never without. It constantly resides in the watch pocket of my jeans, I have used it for everything you could use this kind of thing for and find it totally indispensable. The only mod. I have done is to turn the Awl blade into a Micro knife blade, for emergency manicures and such.

So do I need to upgrade to a PS4, I love the idea of scissors and pliers at one time, but I know little about the rest of the tool. Also my local stores don't seem to carry it. So I'd have to order it and I hate that for the single fact that I like to touch something before I buy it.

What say you good people, Enablers that you are:rofl:, Yes or no?

2. ramjet

ramjet Loaded Pockets

I have the style PS on my keychain. And love it. I was using the CS with the knife blade, but figured I would rather have a tool on the keys that is TSA approved. As I have been using it, I love having the scissors and the pliers. More useful in my world. Now the style and squirt are similar in size and tool. PS4 is like a small juice? And the style is like a skeletool. Overall, great quality and everyone is gonna ask to use yours!

warchild likes this.
  3. patrat

patrat Loaded Pockets

No.

warchild likes this.
  4. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

Well odd for here:), Plus one for the voice of reason.

5. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

They aren't exactly expensive so why not? Especially if you are ready to retire your P4

warchild likes this.
  6. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

Well see that's my thought as well. But is the PS4 still small enough to fit into my watch pocket? I really don't want to change my carry method of this tool. This is another reason I always like to see stuff in person before I buy it. but this time I may have to go on faith.

7. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

I think it is based on the P4 so I would think it would be perfect for watch pocket. I don't own one though

warchild likes this.
  8. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Leatherman P4: 2.25 in | 5.75 cm (closed)
    Leatherman PS4: 2.25 in | 5.72 cm (Closed)

Not sure where in PA you are, but PS4s are available at the REI stores in Pittsburg and Philadelphia.

ATB,
    Sam

warchild likes this.
  9. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

Thanks for that! I'm very near PGH. but I never figured out if you have to be a member to buy there? Like Sam's Club.... If I don't have to buy in just for that, I could go there almost at will.:)

10. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

It's not a members only store. If you are a member, your purchases figure into year-end dividends, and you get discounts on classes, etc, but there's no secret handshake. Without a member card, your money spends just as well as anyone else's. Go forth and stimulate the economy.

ATB,
    Sam

warchild likes this.
  11. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

Indeed I shall!! Thankyou good sir.

12. ncc123

ncc123 Loaded Pockets

My PS4 is definitely thicker than my P4, after all the PS4 has a little extra thickness in the scissor layer. Don't know about the length difference.
    But, I say the differences amount to nothing. Get the PS4, I believe it's a great bargain. So useful, so well made, far nicer in side-by-side handling than the Gerber Dime. Amazon has the best price I believe, at least they did a month ago when I bought mine.

warchild likes this.
  13. Quinby

Quinby Loaded Pockets

I had the Squirt S4 (with the scissors as the main tool) (still do), and when I saw the PS4 I got it. Now the S4 is so lonely...

The pliers on the PS4 has come in very, very handy.

So, the answer to your question is: YES!

warchild likes this.
  14. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

If you liked yours, why not look for another P4? I'll bet some can be found slightly used or even new somewhere on line.

warchild likes this.
  15. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

No, you don't need it. :)

warchild likes this.
  16. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

J_C, Is that reverse Psychology sir??:p

I have always like the idea of scissors with a multi tool.

scotty4130 likes this.
  17. To Meso

To Meso Loaded Pockets

You absolutely need one. I'd say it's my cheapest and best purchase thus far. ;)

RomanVeritas and warchild like this.
  18. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

For what it's worth, I carry a LM Squirt P4 with me all the time. I'm amazed how many times that single tool has come in so handy. I've got the knife blade sharpened up really well, and if I weren't such a fan of pocket knives it would probably handle about 90% of all my cutting needs too. I've used every tool in it at one time or another.

I keep a Juice S2 in my bag for when I need a bigger set of pliers or a better Phillips screwdriver. I've used the scissors on the Juice a few times but not much recently. I know there are times when scissors are the perfect tool for the job, but I'm usually at home when I need scissors and we have several sets of good ones.

But you knew what you wanted to do before you posted. Go ahead, get the scissors. Good for personal grooming if nothing else.

19. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

No sir I really didn't. Half of me wants to just go on using the P4 and half wants the PS4. but 20 minutes from now I may have an itch for a Spyderco or a Case Peanut for all I know;).

20. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a Case Peanut if you get the hankering for one. I have an extra.