1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do Antlers make good keychain impact devices? Anyone? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Personal Security Devices & Self-Defense' started by RyanMalpiede, Jun 20, 2008.

1. RyanMalpiede

RyanMalpiede Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Do they Do they?

2. hawkeye

hawkeye Loaded Pockets

I wouldn't wanna get poked with that! :poke:

3. alfanator

alfanator Loaded Pockets

Hey, those are my keys :)

4. clutchUSMC

clutchUSMC Empty Pockets

In the animal world the are mostly used for fighting for mates. Its really sparing in which one animal is trying to do serious damage to the other. However they are hard and pointy, I doubt thats gonna be the very easy to hang on to when wet. If it get's rain, water, sweat, or blood on it I think it will be very slippery.

As with anything for self-defense get some training, it will be more useful than any tool.

5. alfanator

alfanator Loaded Pockets

I actually bought that antler as a souvinor on a road trip somewhere. I use it to get the pegs off Japanese sword handles mostly. Never hit anyone with it before, I try to aviod situations best I could.

6. IronSteve

IronSteve Empty Pockets

It'll be pretty bad if you catch someone in the eye with that.

7. sabongero

sabongero Loaded Pockets

They do, they do! In the Filipino Martial Arts they are called Dulo-Dulo, made from goat antlers. mostly carved water buffalo antlers among other species. Scoot over to youtube.com and search Dulo-Dulo and you will come up with some clips on how to use your antler. If you reply to them, tell'em "sabongero" sent ya!

8. Domanfp

Domanfp Loaded Pockets

I dont know how durable they would be getting bashed against keys all the time. Also you have to think about getting "poked" while the antlers are in your pocket......

9. lmbc2

lmbc2 Loaded Pockets

How do they feel in your pocket? I would imagine it would be less than comfortable - especially if you ran into a table or something. I would think they would be pretty effective, but they can get pretty brittle, especially if left in the sun. Overall, I would imagine they would be more effective than not having something, although you could probably find something that would be more comfortable to you while still being effective for SD.

10. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

I can't believe nobody has asked "Is that an antler in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" yet! :lolhammer:

11. JBorneu

JBorneu Loaded Pockets

It hink they would be as good as a regular kubaton, provided you had some training with them.

12. Jaygnar99

Jaygnar99 Empty Pockets

Antlers are made for poking! That's what deer do with 'em. Although for authenticity I recommend you mount a pair to a helmet and maybe paint up a gas mask to look like a deer muzzle and then fashion yourself some hoof-like gloves and shoes. A buckskin jacket and pants will complete the look and ...................... :lolhammer:

13. RonC

RonC Empty Pockets

they would make an excellenr kubaton, and the best thing about them is the "non tactical" look.