1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

dnibs law school EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by dbert, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

I second John Rawls, obviously. Also download Fastcase NOW. It is a great legal app and it is free. It blows the lexis and westlaw apps out of the water.

2. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

When I was in school, westlaw and lexis were brand new. They were installed with a hard wire hook up in the library. One terminal each and we were allowed 30 minutes a week.

3. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

But back then, you could literally ask the Founding Fathers what they intended! How exciting! :laugh:

4. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Don't make me hurt you. Little old ladies can get away with much crankiness.

5. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

I was gonna make an old lady joke but you beat me to it! LOL.

6. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

I'm very sorry, it was all in good fun. ;D

7. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Please elaborate on this statement.

I find little if no causal relationship between being a student in law school and your desire for only "lightweight, functional items."

Is this to imply that when your complete your studies, you shall gravitate to heavier, less functional items?

Is your current preference dictated by your present endeavor?

When I was in college, we did not have lightweight versions of anything. We were just learning to walk upright...

8. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

Hmm. What I really mean to say, is that my EDC (like everyone else's) is a product of my environment and my needs. On an average day, I make a short commute to school, sit and stare at books and my laptop, and then commute home (where I also sit and stare at books and my laptop). I carry a small light, a small knife, and a small multitool with me, but I hardly ever need them. I could carry larger and heavier tools capable of performing additional tasks, but I don't choose to because I hardly ever find myself needing even the limited tools I carry.

So I guess what I'm saying is, unlike many people on this forum, I don't need heavy-duty tools in my daily life. As such, I don't carry them. For instance, I recognize the value in an EDC knife. I may not use it often, but I want to be prepared if a situation comes up when I need a cutting tool. I could carry any number of knives. But I choose not to carry a larger knife like a Spyderco Paramilitary2. I'd rather carry something smaller and lighter that can still perform most of what I'd ever need, like my Spyderco Dragonfly G-10. This is what I mean by lightweight and functional.

But I take your point, there is nothing about law school itself that dictates this. Its my personal preference.