1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

dnibs law school EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by dbert, Apr 27, 2011.

1. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the site but I thought it was time to post my current EDC. I'm a student in law school so I really just want lightweight, functional items. The entry level Gerber blade will be replaced with a small sebenza as soon as I can afford it. And I'm looking to add a pair of Oakley Crosshair 2.0s. Also, I'm thinking about adding the Fenix LD01 in stainless.

[​IMG]
    By dnibs at 2011-04-27

• Watch
    • IPhone 3GS w/ CaseCrown soft polycarbonate slim-fit case
    • Vic SAK Cadet
    • LaCie iamakey v2 4GB
    • Storus Corporation Titanium Smart Money Clip
    • Gerber AR 3.0 Stainless, fine blade

Anyway, I'm excited to be here and would love any feedback you have!

2. Sparkey

Sparkey Loaded Pockets

Good stuff. Good Luck in law school. Just try to stick to your signature! ;)

3. Tradecraft

Tradecraft Banned

Since crystal balls do not work for lawyers I recommend you get a book on lawyer jokes as that will be your future! Also, a book on morals, values and ethics might be a good addition. Seems that people lose these when they graduate law school!

4. JOZeldenrust

JOZeldenrust Loaded Pockets

When it comes to morality, I am quite fond of John Rawles. Not the standard fare for the EDC crowd, but very well thought out. Also, Thomas Hobbes.

5. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

Greetings dbert, I recommend you look into the Preon 1 with the updated XP-G R5 emitter for $35.00 bucks. Fenix LD01 in stainless is a nice torch but cost more and has less output.

[​IMG]
    4SevensPreonI by kyeandtabbs, on Flickr

6. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

Oooooh, thats a really sleek light! I'll totally check it out, thanks for the recommendation, kye4some!

7. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

Alright, I've acquired some new gear since my last post. I've been upgrading and slimming down at the same time! Have a look:

[​IMG]
    By dnibs at 2011-05-06

Benchmade mini griptilian replaced the very sad Gerber AR 3.0
    Leatherman Squirt Ps4 replaced the useful but a little redundant Vic Cadet
    Added a 4Sevens Preon (with my iPhone as a backup light).

It still isn't quite where I want it to be, but progress is being made. And...I've conscripted my very crafty girlfriend to start making me some para-cord stuff. So far she made me these black zipper pulls:
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

8. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

Looks to me like you've got the essentials covered. Nice setup, and good luck in law school!

9. CDavisJK

CDavisJK Loaded Pockets

Law student also, reading the forum before my first final this semester, Patent Law. (Saturday morning... blah!)

I like your additions to your EDC. The black theme you have going on looks awesome.

Good luck to you!

10. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

Thanks! I've definitely been using EDCF as an escape mechanism, too. Good luck on finals!

11. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

Nice setup! That mini griptilian is a blade I have had my eye on for over a year, let me know how it holds up.

12. Menace

Menace Loaded Pockets

So how far are you from taking the BAR? I see you're in Charlottesville, am I safe to assume you're at UVA? If so, congrats on the lacrosse championship

13. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

If you are like me when I was in law school, you will need to EDC something to fend off the chicks.

14. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

I am indeed at UVA. I just finished my first year, so I won't take the bar for a long time.

15. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

Very nice little set up you have. Now you need a nice sleek pack like something from 5.11 or maxpedition then you can carry your school stuff and EDC. Ilike the knife and the light. May have to look in to the light.

16. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

Yeah my gear actually looks a lot different now, though I don't have a picture. I realized that I really, really don't like having any weight in my pockets at all. After finding myself not using the squirt and the preon, I returned them. I also returned the mini grip because I realized that I had made a mistake (for me) with the combo edge. Now, I just carry my iphone, money clip, ladybug salt (yellow), and gerber shard.

17. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

Several gear additions to report. First up, I recently purchased a Camelbak Rim Runner. I’ve really enjoyed this bag so far. I’ve used it for short hikes, disc golf, and for my summer internship with a Federal Judge. My Macbook Pro 13’’ fits perfectly in the large pocket, and the 3L water capacity is plenty for me.

[​IMG]

Next up, my keychain used to include a Gerber Shard and a spyderco ladybug salt. I liked the lightweight combination of practical tools. Then I lost the ladybug in a river. I added a Victorinox Midnite Manager to my keychain because it has pretty much every tool I could conceivably need, a pen, and a (pretty weak, but useful) light.

[​IMG]

Finally, my new EDC knife is a Spyderco Dragonfly G-10. At 2 ounces (56g), this handsome knife is a great lightweight cutting tool that meets 99% of my potential cutting needs. I love this knife.

[​IMG]

18. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I didn't have to worry about carrying a laptop when I was in law school. They hadn't been invented yet. Just remember to take out the knife before going through the metal detectors.

19. Jean

Jean Loaded Pockets

The thumbscrews are a third year issue, now?

20. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

Thumbscrews are the first year. First year was awful. Third year will be easy.