1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

DLC coating on Atwoods...Comments?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by Rico801, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Rico801

Rico801 Loaded Pockets

Okay, it has been several months since Peter has released tools/knives with the DLC coating. I was really excited when I first heard he was going to apply the coating to some of his tools, but I have yet to get a DLCed Atwood. I always wanted a black Atwood tool!

I'm really curious about how the coating is holding up to daily use and I haven't read many comments about it on the forum. Please post your comments about the finish here in the thread. Thanks!

Rick

2. goingyard

goingyard Loaded Pockets

I have a handful of dlc atwoods. The one I use the most is a dlc fishnet pattern msop. I use it often, open boxes ect. I gets scuff marks from the boxes and all I do is wipe them off and it looks new again. I like natural finish stuff but the dlc coating is pretty cool.

3. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

I haven't really had a chance to put the couple DLC tools I have to good use yet. What I'd really like is a fairly large blade DLC coated to see how it holds up to some serious use.

4. kibitz

kibitz Loaded Pockets

I have been wearing a watch with a DLC coating for several months and it looks brand new.. It gets banged around a bit and holds up great!

5. Rico801

Rico801 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the replies! A DLC coated watch? That would be cool. My only experience with the DLC is the slide of my Kahr. It looks pretty hammered from a kydex holster and my ankle holster. It usually wipes clean, but I haven't wiped it down for awhile. Of course unless I run into a wall and hit my gun on it, it doesn't take the abuse that a tool would after being next to keys on a split ring or turning screws. There isn't a lot of metal to metal contact. I really need to start looking for one of these DLCed Atwoods.

6. souptree

souptree Loaded Pockets

What watch, Gary?

I had the original DLC MSOPT that Peter tried to scratch with a razor blade when he was testing the DLC coating. The MSOPT has since gone to a new home, but I can tell you that the razor blade barely made a mark. Very impressive!