1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Direct Action

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by BullseyePrecision, May 2, 2016.

1. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision Loaded Pockets

I would like to see pics of your direct action gear packs if you have one. Show them all and how you set them up and primary use. I am looking at purchasing the ghost or dragon egg and really like looking at pictures and reading other peoples thoughts.

2. BullseyePrecision

No one have one of their bags

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

4. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

5. BullseyePrecision

Not looking for reviews

6. panzer

panzer Loaded Pockets

The reviews and have photos and what people think about the packs. LOL

Myrddraal likes this.
  7. BullseyePrecision

They only have one person's pictures. I'm looking for other people to post pictures and how they set theirs up. LOL

8. Gaulois

Gaulois Loaded Pockets

Pics of mine, with urban EDC for the set-up.

You can see there is a scratch on the shoulder strap and a tear on the mesh pocket of the main compartiment...despite the fact that the bag have never been loaded like hell (for big hikes I use a Camelbak BFM)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

camporama, Nick4305 and gearheavy like this.
  9. Durandal64

Durandal64 Loaded Pockets

I've been using a Dust since November 2015 on a daily basis. Here's my review, picture and thoughts. They are still applicable today. I'd rather not repost from another thread so here's a link.

[​IMG]

Direct Action Dust

Last edited by Durandal64, Sep 16, 2016
    jeepfreak38 likes this.
  10. gearheavy

gearheavy Loaded Pockets

1) Nice pics of how they're are holding up to EDC use. The tears are unacceptable and I wonder if others are experiencing similar issues.

2) Your Teddy Bear is one of the best EDC gear I've seen in a long time and he fits perfectly in the Teddy Bear side pocket.

camporama and Tom A Hawk like this.
  11. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Sorry, I'm not much help. I opened this thread as I am always looking for something, but to be honest I have yet to find anything more durable than my Rush 24. I've drug that thing down mountains, over rocks, through water, mud, snow and grime. I hose it off, dry it out and it's good to go. Heck, it even fell off my tailgate at about 40mph once on a gravel road w/ no worries.

The only reason I posted this is the bag you're citing seems to look similar to the Rush 24 (maybe even like a wannabe), and seeing the wear on such a new bag like that should cause you some pause. Especially at the same price point (or even more).

12. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

Gaulois Where did you get the Exercise moral patch? My son would love one for his Maxpedition pack. Love the Ammonite avatar as well.

13. Gaulois

Gaulois Loaded Pockets

Ebay US !
    I have always been interested in fossils, plate tectonics, Mesozoic era...but I wasn't good enough at school :nah_disagree:

14. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

Thank you. I will see if I can find one for my son - he wants to be a paleontologist.

Sorry about the thread hi-jack.

15. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

I always liked the look of the Dust Pack... it reminds me of a supercharged Tactical Tailor Removable Operator in shape. The seam separation(s) are little worrisome. I really like the PL Woodland color (and I'm not even that much of a camo guy anymore!)

16. Gaulois

Gaulois Loaded Pockets

I hope he'll make it!

No worries about the hijacking...
    [​IMG]

Flashman likes this.
  17. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

Had a Dust, well made pack. Loved the water bottle pockets.

18. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

Been using the dust for over a month now. So far I think it's an excellent EDC pack but I wish the straps had a bit more padding.

19. dwong

dwong Loaded Pockets

For DSLR use only:
    [​IMG]

20. Ross Winston

Ross Winston Loaded Pockets

I recently purchased a DA ghost. I think it's a really nice bag, but there are just a few little things that irk me to the point that I think I'm going to sell it.

I think as a company DA has some really unique design features. But even with the laser cut molle, and the zip bottle pockets and all the other eye catching features, I think they have overlooked a few critical things. They are using sub par materials in a few critical places, the mesh that they use for he internal zip pockets is very thin and it stretches quite a bit. I can see that tearing almost immediately. I've also seen many pictures of these bags with the mesh torn.

They are also using a very thin, sort of cheap ballistic material as the internal liner. It's very thin, and almost reminds me of those cheap white tags on clothes that you can just tear away from the stitching. There is one YouTube video showing just that, he had the bag for two weeks and the liner tore away from the stitching. I just don't trust the bag to hold up on the inside.

The other feature that bothers me is the water bottle pockets. You hear people talking about how cool they are that they zip open even wider to make room, and that they lay flat. That's all fine, but they don't actually hold water bottles well. That's because they have no real retention, and they have no bottom gussets so it doesnt really cradle the bottle. That being said just the other day I saw that they changed the pocket on their new dragon egg mkII, so someone else must have noticed this as well. And it does look much better. But seeing as that I just bought this bag and they are already changing this feature annoys me.

Overall I think it's a quality bag compared to other bags in its class, I just can't get passed these little things. Maybe it's my OCD, but if anyone wants a brand new ranger green ghost let me know.