1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Digital Pocket Watch help, please.

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Lateck, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Lateck

Lateck Loaded Pockets

I have a number of wrist watches, but my eye sight has changed over the years and it is very hard to read the time and other functions, (arms are getting shorter :cry:). Also I sweat more now then when I was younger.

So, I am looking for a Pocket Watch and I would love a digital with the features of my Casio G Rangeman or roughly there abouts. (Time and compass).

I have searched this forum and a few others. Looked all over Amazon and even used Google. I can only find cheap digital ones. Now I am not looking for a $500.00 watch but a nice $100~200 quality one would be nice.

Any help would be appreciated in finding such a critter.

2. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I think you may be describing an inexpensive smartphone.

3. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

The Spovan pocket watch costs about $50. Not that many functions but I believe that is as close as you get to a digital pocket sports watch

from my S-A-M-S-U-N-G S9+ via T-A-P-A-T-A-L-K

chaosmagnet and keycutter like this.
  4. Lateck

Lateck Loaded Pockets

@chaosmagnet you are very right. In fact my smartphone has been working just fine for time, compass and maps. But I would like to have a backup and something to fit in my coin pocket.

@Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Thank you, I have been looking at that watch/compass. I was hoping for a better quality time piece. But it maybe the route I may have to go.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  5. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I don't know how much of a better time piece you can get by spending more money; unless you are looking for other features (shock absorption, thermometer, barometer, etc) Most if not all digitals use rather inexpensive "movements" which don't really get much better commensurate with price.

chaosmagnet likes this.