1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Difficulties of life

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Marskindri, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Marskindri

Marskindri Loaded Pockets

Difficulties test the courage, patience, perseverance, and true character of a human being. Adversity and hardships make a person strong and ready to face the challenges of life with equanimity. There is no doubt that there can be no gain without pain. It is only when one toils and sweats it out that success is nourished and sustained. If I had the privilege to ask you, what challenges are you facing off right now?

2. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

I truly don't want to discuss topics like this on a very public forum, but I do appreciate where you are coming from.

medic68 likes this.
  3. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I am sick of my job. I've been here 28 years and I'd like to do something else but I can't think of something that would be a lateral move. I'm invested in the pension plan so walking away would be stupid. I feel trapped.

4. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Obesity.

from my S-A-M-S-U-N-G S9+ via T-A-P-A-T-A-L-K

5. rodia77

rodia77 Loaded Pockets

All of these four statements are false.

6. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Maybe there is something on your mind that you’d like to share?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 dmattaponi, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Bad Company likes this.
  7. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

Heck, all life is a difficulty. When I was young, I had to go through high school on the WOC program for financially disadvantaged kids. Take three majors and our of school by 11, and to a job on a warehouse in a bad part of D.C. at 16 and learning from some of the semi criminal adults that are your 'co-workers.' Fighting your way out of a bad neighborhood and joining the army to get away was a difficulty. Serving in a nasty little war in a southeast Asian country most Americans never heard of was a difficulty. Making a living and knowing that a wife and three kids are depending on you, on a blue color machinist salary was a difficulty.

Difficulty is staying all night in the hospital room where your kid is after he was hit by a car riding his bicycle, and hoping his leg will heal up and not be crippled.

But you want a real difficulty? Try getting old. I'll tell ya now that old age is not for the faint of heart, Its a difficulty knowing that you can't do what you used to 20 years ago, or even 10 years ago. Having your body age and fail you in many ways you never thought of. Of knowing your cardiologist on a first name basis. Difficulty is knowing that your time on this earth is growing short and you question if there was a way you could have done better.

Difficulty is helping your wife of over 4 decades go through breast cancer and knowing there is really nothing you can do to. help and having to trust the doctors that they know what they are doing.

Man, at my age I don't know how to describe difficulties to someone in their 20's. Life is easy for the young. Wait 50 years and tell me about your difficulties.

xtrajack, variable, Water-Rat and 4 others like this.
  8. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

jackknife, so very well said, especially this: "Difficulty is knowing that your time on this earth is growing short and you question if there was a way you could have done better"

HarryD likes this.
  9. Marskindri

Sorry :giggle:
    You're absolutely right. As an aging person, it is really difficult to maintain your physical strength and prone to any physical injury as well. :(

10. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Ah yes, we call them the "Golden Handcuffs". With 28 years hopefully you are close to retirement. Take advantage of your sick and vacation hours

MatBlack likes this.
  11. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I'm 53 so retirement is farther than I'd like.

xtrajack and Nick4305 like this.
  12. Marskindri

Yeah, but hey it is almost there. Just wait and you will get the real freedom you really wanted to get. By the way, did you ever tried getting a therapist? If you did, what is your experience with them? Just asking tho. :giggle:

MatBlack likes this.
  13. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

therapy. I was maybe late 30's and all close friends had married and moved away. I was single, bills and responsibilities. Spending an hour once or twice a week was a big help for over a year. I'm retired now, almost wish I was dong it again. hope this helps

14. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

If a therapist could recommend a viable career switch, I'd talk to one. Other than that, I feel no need.

xtrajack and kukla like this.