1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did your first SAK brand bias your future love and purchase?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Gollum24601, Jun 17, 2013.

?

SAK

1. Victorinox

86.1%
  2. Wenger

6.9%
  3. Both/either

5.6%
  4. I hate SAK.

1.4%
  1. sonofadoublegun

sonofadoublegun Loaded Pockets

My first (and all since - with the exception of one) was a Victorinox... To this day, even though I know it's wrong, I feel like Wenger knives are cheap knock-offs, and I just don't like them.

Dr. Bahn and silent_vengeance like this.
  2. silent_vengeance

silent_vengeance Loaded Pockets

This...and it also seems like Wenger tended toward more gimmicky tools than Victorinox did. So while I can respect and admire Wenger for their willingness to take chances, I think they missed the mark while Victorinox stayed more timeless.

Dr. Bahn likes this.
  3. silent_vengeance

silent_vengeance Loaded Pockets

...plus the Vic chevron is way cooler than the Wenger "square" :p

sonofadoublegun and MatBlack like this.
  4. S_Serpent

S_Serpent Loaded Pockets

I was hooked to Victorinox even before I had my first SAK.

My older brother had a Victorinox SAK (don't remember the model)and ever since I seen his SAK I knew I had to get one too.

As I was a young boy and didn't have enough cash for a fancy Victorinox I first had to settled for a cheap fake no brand knife.

But later when I was a bit older but still a boy, I wanted to get me a Swiss Champ so had some more saving up to do.
    I was so happy when I finally had saved up enough money and my mum took me to the city into one off those older stuffy knivesshops (you don't see them like that anymore :D ) and I was able to buy the long awaited Victorinox Swiss Champ which was my first real SAK.

Ever since that Victorinox I have always felt strongly about a Victorinox tool. The quality is very nice.

Although I'm probably very biased as I didn't by anything else instead of a Victorinox.

My current collection in order of time getting em (oldest on top):

1x Black Swiss Champ
    1x Ecoline Waiter (with corkscrew mini driver)
    1x Black Swiss Champ XLT (changed the original scales to black ones)
    2x Black Compact
    1x Swiss Tool 1

5. Victorinox_Fan23

Victorinox_Fan23 Loaded Pockets

I've been hooked on Swiss Army Knives since I was little. But my vote goes to Victorinox. The FIRST and ORIGINAL SAK!

As someone stated earlier they are "timeless". I do like the scissors on the Wenger knives. But Victorinox has been and always will be my favorite:cool:

My first SAK was a Chinese knockoff that even at 9 I knew was a piece of crap. So I begged my parents over and over and they finally let me get my first real SAK, the Classic SD. Then I felt like a boss when I got the full size Sportman. I've been amazed how well that knife has held up.

Victorinox forever!

S_Serpent and LefsaBL like this.
  6. LRex
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

LRex Loaded Pockets

My dad has a Blue Vic Classic as long as I can remember, so I kept up with this new found tradition and got a Red Vic Classic a couple months ago.