1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by L Bow, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Used my Milky-modded KL1 head on an E2E body with E2D tailcap (all black) to light up the ridiculously dark sidewalk next to a huge but poorly maintained park I discovered today.

2. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

Does having a play count? I tested an idea and found I can prepare and light a fire using just a utilikey and a sparklite fire starter? That turned out to be good use of gear I think.

3. Max Archer

Max Archer Loaded Pockets

Used my notebook and Space Pen to take down the info on a new coffee table at IKEA and my SAK Tinker to cut open the package when I got it back. I love the small blade for opening boxes and stuff, so much more control and no worrying about dulling the main blade. Used my Fenix LD01 to light the path into my apartment, 'cause it's been raining out and I didn't want to step in anything and track it in.

I love the SAK, I've found myself using it daily. If only it could be opened with one hand and was made of better steel, it'd be the perfect knife. I think I might upgrade to a slightly more full-featured model at some point soon, I'd like scissors. Super Tinker looks good, or maybe an Explorer, I like that it adds a corkscrew while also giving you a real philips driver.

4. mikey

mikey Banned

I have the SAK Explorer and think it has a great tool setup. I also owned the Super Tinker and that small difference in $$$$ I would get the Explorer but I think you would be happy with either one!

5. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Loaded Pockets

Cant even keep track of how many times i used my protech/emerson cqc7 auto today... I used my streamlight stylus pro to check the yard for coyotes when letting my dogs out tonight. I also used my LM squirt ps4 to put the clip on my ESEE 3 sheath for a small hunting trip tomorrow.

6. able_man
    • In Omnia Paratus

able_man Loaded Pockets

Opened a bottle of wine at the "On the tracks" event locally. Basically you buy a ticket to go around and sample wine (or beer!) at various business. We had a good time. The ladies didn't even bat an eyelash when I took out a pocket knife.

7. able_man
    • In Omnia Paratus

able_man Loaded Pockets

My QuarkAA has been getting a little work out lately. I got up around 3:30 this morning with it to find the source of some noises in the house. We've got some kind of critter in our crawl space.

Then just a little while ago a pretty bad storm rolled through and knocked the power out a few times. My Quark came to the rescue again.

8. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

This will go down as one of the most retarded reasons in my Life as to why I had to put my EDC to work . . .

I'm in Wal-Mart, picked up some snacks and soda. Put them in the trunk of my car, and then realized I needed to pee. So I decided to go back in. Get to the stall since I prefer using a toilet to a urinal that can splash back far more easily. Go to lock the door, and I find that the latch-bar doesn't even remotely line up with the slot. Just bangs right up against it. Turns out that the entire lock assembly is practically coming off the door. The sort of issue that clearly didn't occur a few moments ago, or even that day. Took at least days to get to that point. I take out my Vic Spartan, and open up the bottle-opener blade. I'm using the screwdriver tip to fix the problem. Screw won't turn properly.

I notice a smaller phillips head screw on the bottom of the assembly. No phillips head attachment on my Spartan. So, I use the tiny screwdriver on the end of the can-opener. I'm not the handiest guy in the world. But even I could see why the top screw was not going in properly. I adjust the bottom screw a tiny bit. Then I push the assembly right up against door. Why? The assembly was resting on the top screw itself. Having now removed that weight, the screw could turn properly.

One of two things: Either the guy who gets a paycheck from Wal-Mart for fixing things is a complete moron, or doesn't bother to put the slightest effort into actually earning his paycheck. I was not happy. Found a Wal-Mart employee who was in charge of one of the departments. Told him about the situation. Even told him about the fact that I used my Swiss Army Knife to fix the problem. Normally, I don't tell complete strangers that I carry a knife. Even if it is a SAK. But at that point, I didn't care. It was ridiculous. And that's the word I used.

Yeah, I know. The guy likely didn't give a crap. Well, I did. Whether he did or not, I at least pointed out the crap to him. This particular stall was large enough to function as a handicapped stall. I'd rather not think about the humiliation that a handicapped man would feel, going into that stall, and then realizing he couldn't close the door behind him to take the time needed to complete a task that many of us can pull off in mere seconds.

9. bowerc

bowerc Loaded Pockets

Bravo. Doing what needs to be done is, what I feel, a reason to EDC. You certainly fulfilled that.

10. McNabUx

McNabUx Loaded Pockets

I have changed my edc keychain light and hung the old cheep one on my wifes car keys.
    After a few days I commented the light she had, and she told me that she had used it and it was useful, but didn't work as good as my light.
    I am starting to get to her:clap:

Perhaps I need to get her a good light.

11. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Out came my Vic Spartan to cut the tag off of my new Jack Sack, and to cut off a loose thread from the shoulder strap.

Used my Zebra F-701 to fill out the small questionaire before getting a flu vaccine at Rite-Aid. (Someone close to me seems to have caught a cold, and they think it might be the flu. Usually I don't bother getting vaccinated since I don't have insurance. But this year, seemed like a good idea.)

12. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I used my Peon Revo to check inside the mailbox last night to make sure I got all of my mail out, after coming home late last night.

13. Anonymous Romanian

Anonymous Romanian Loaded Pockets

I had used the nail clippers to, you've guessed it, clip my nails. Tissues for my nose. Mints for fresh breath. Lighter for smokes. SAK Hercules to unscrew a hard disk from a laptop. Mp3 player to listen to some ambiental music.

14. TransportJockey

TransportJockey Loaded Pockets

Laptop and phone to look up some stuff for homework :p I know it's a lame excuse, but since I'm a student, they're both EDC items

15. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Even though it seems lame as long as you carry it everyday it's still EDC IMO.

16. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

Put my spyderco stretch through some repetitive use cutting plastic bag's off a few hundred pillow's. It worked great.

17. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

It sounds like you've been busy. first mattresses and now pillows. What's next? LOL.

18. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Have a mini Altoids tin filled with, yup; mini Altoids mints.

Anyone else notice that the mini version is much stronger than the regular-sized ones?

Popped a mini in my mouth. (Not sure why I was punishing my tongue.)

19. mikey

mikey Banned

I used the rambler on my key chain to open up some mail and cut up a couple of small boxes.

20. fallen giant

fallen giant Loaded Pockets

Used the saw on my LM wave to remove an inch wide root in a hole I was digging. Then I used my serrated blade to remove abandoned irrigation line in the same hole I was digging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.