1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by L Bow, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeros

Zeros Loaded Pockets

I used my EDC flashlight on my keys to see behind a tv as I was switching out an HDMI cable. That counts, I think, but it looks like this is more of a EDC knife thread, huh?

2. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Used my Maratac AA stainless steel model a few days ago to check my car for bird-poop, at night. There's a proper method to cleaning that stuff off without scratching up your paint job. That little AA light came in very handy.

3. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

On friday I used my PockeTool X piranha to scrap the dead grass from the bottom of my push mower deck.[​IMG][​IMG] It was a little small to losen or fully tighten the bolt holding the blade on but it did work great for spinning it out and back in it just needed a bigger wrench to snug it up.[​IMG][​IMG]

4. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

Yesterday I used the flat phillips on my leatherman Micra to fix a paper towel despencer. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Tx_Mark

Tx_Mark Loaded Pockets

Was at wal-mart checking out and i had a case of spiral notebooks that was taped shut and the guy couldn't open it, i handed him my Spyderco UKPK and he opened the case right up :)

6. soli

soli Loaded Pockets

Misplaced my keys today, spent far too long searching for them before the words Turn off the lights and I'll glow by Vanilla Ice came to mind. Turned off the lights in the room and was able to find the keys in no time thanks to the tritium marker.

7. Minifcar

Minifcar Loaded Pockets

8. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Loaded Pockets

used the scissors on my LM squirt ps4 to cut a hanging thread off my shirt. then used my protech brend 2 to open a box of twinkies. and used my 4sevens preon 1 to get a better look of a serial # on an old pellet gun i found in the basement.

9. bowerc

bowerc Loaded Pockets

I have a glass bottle coke with my lunch nearly every day, so my Vic Cadet or Farmer gets use for the bottle opener.

10. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I used the blade on my Leatherman Wave to cut some foam insulation the other day and the pliers to remove nails from a couple pieces of siding that I was replacing.

11. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Used my Buck 379 Solo penknife to cut jute twine this morning. Latch that holds my driver's side door closed fell off, couldn't close the door. Driving home last night wasn't fun. By the Grace of God, I made it. Garaged parking spot that I share with about 40 of my neighbors. Used the twine, my Vic Spartan, S.S. Maratac AA model on high and medium modes, bit of duct tape, and a mini zip-tie to rig the door closed while sitting in the passenger's seat. Braided twine from the driver's side door pull to the base of the shifter. Worked well. This morning, I cut off the twine and drove to the dealership while holding the door closed. Fixed, covered under warranty.

12. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

I used my lockback Maxam SKALRR folder today to open a pack of chocolate waffers. :D

13. Satanta

Satanta Empty Pockets

Well, this is really last night but I got in at 3AM so didn't post.

Went to the 42nd Street Oyster bar with my wife to listen to a band play-friend of hers is the drummer. Place is dark [[and loud. :D ]] so e go to look at the menu-oopsy. Too dark so I whipped out my ET P20A2. set it to low and perused the menu. :)

14. parallax

parallax Loaded Pockets

Used my Kershaw Scallion to slice open 3 large bags of birdseed, open the mail and cut the plastic tags of some new workshirts I picked up yesterday. Used my Atwood Poltergeist opened numerous beers :)

15. Anonymous Romanian

Anonymous Romanian Loaded Pockets

used my GPS/phone for geocaching and my noname multitool to help me search through a bush.

16. Zerv14

Zerv14 Loaded Pockets

I used my homemade FAK I keep in my car to patch up a friend after a bad cut. What surprised me the most was how seemingly unprepared he was when it comes to this sort of stuff. Unfortunately, I think this is probably the norm for most folks. You'd think that every household would have at least one fairly decent first aid kit...

17. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

I used my Cold Steel Vanquero to cut down some small tree's hiding behind my AC unit it dispatched them with ease.;)[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I put my PockeTool X Piranha to work on some fence bolt's it worked good but I did go get a crescent wrench because it was to small of a tool to get the leverage I needed.
    [​IMG]
    I also used the flat head screwdriver on my Wenger Backpacker to remove and replace the air filter on my mower.[​IMG]
    It was a fun day off doing yard work. Now I'm taking it eazy for the rest of the night.:)

18. Anonymous Romanian

Anonymous Romanian Loaded Pockets

Nail clippers for a colleague.
    USB drive with Auslogics Boost Speed for work
    Pliers for bike stand.

19. Delkancott

Delkancott Loaded Pockets

Izula used to cut broccoli crowns from plants.
    SwissTool X used to clean corrosion from my LD20.
    Wallet used to make me poorer :-(

20. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Went to a new barber today. Yeah . . . picked the wrong one. The end result was excellent, but he was unprofessional as Hell.

Also, there was a ton of loose, tiny, bits of hair on my head and neck. Out came the Wet-Ones travel wipes I normally EDC. Ironically, the most versatile item I EDC. (Yes, even more so than my Swiss Army knife.) The 15 count had already been opened. (Their newer 20 count packets are just too thick for pants pockets.) Used a few of them as improvised towels. They got the job done well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.