1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by L Bow, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Towanda

Towanda Loaded Pockets

Used the S2 blade to open a package. Used my F-301 to write a check. Used the S2 pliers to remove a teabag from a cup. Used my Lamy Safari and hipster PDA to make some notes about a book I was reading.

2. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I used my fantastic old Imperial Equal End with bone to scrape caulking off some boards we were re-using.

3. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I definitely put my Leatherman Micra to work today.

Came home at almost 1am because my relief was late, again.

Got cut off by an idiot in an Audi doing an insane amount of speed on the expressway. Then the idiot pulled off onto an exit ramp. Fortunately for him, I'm more mellow than I used to be. Would have been interesting though . . . especially when he got to the first red light after turning onto side roads. (Never underestimate the power of human stupidity).

Get home, clean my windshield a bit, then notice the screw imbedded in my rear tire as I'm about to put the auto-glass cleaner away. :rant:

Had the car for less than a year, third time this has happened. I work in an industrial site. Still, the main parking lot is supposed to be free of screws, bolts, and all that other junk. The previous two times, the screws were very short and easily came out of the tire.

This seemed like a typical short screw. While I don't recommend doing this, I did it. Took a chance, and tried to pull out the screw. It refused to budge. Took out the large screwdriver attachment on my Micra. Then VERY slowly pried the screw out of the tire's tread. Sure enough, it was the short one. I waited a few minutes, but the tire never deflated. Ironically, my County Comm order recently came in. You guessed it, I have a couple of Widgy prybars in my room. The shortest and longest one they make. But I didn't have either one on me. So, I had to make due. From past experience, I know that the large screwdriver on the Micra is not good for even light prying jobs. But I took a chance since the tire was a lot softer than the cheap, wood frame that ruined another Micra of mine.

4. gunny

gunny Empty Pockets

I think this counts, got done at 3.45 monday morning and i was starving. so i boiled the kettle and had a reiter beef&potato hotpot, with be-well peach and pineapple dessert to follow. :popcorn:

5. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I have a Spyderco Sage CF that does not belong to me for a couple weeks of testing.

Today I used it to cut hose off some fittings. Since I've been out of work for months I don't get so many chances to use my stuff.

6. squatch

squatch Loaded Pockets

While sittin' on the can this morning . . .

I used my Benchmade Torrent to trim the frayed edges of my boot laces.

And then used my peanut lighter to melt the tips of the laces.

And then used my aerostitch nail clippers to trim my finger nails.

:)

7. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

Steak dinner? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. zeke66

zeke66 Loaded Pockets

Driving to work today, putting on my turn-signal, I noticed the rapid "tickytickyticky" sound, indicating that I had a turn-signal bulb out on my Volkswagen. Whipped into the parts store, got a bulb, pried off the trim, took out the screw, removed assembly, relamped and reinstalled. All this with my Gerber Artifact. Took less than five minutes.

9. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

A true multi-tasker. I salute You. O0

10. InMused

InMused Loaded Pockets

I used my keys today to unlock my front door...and my wallet I think. :)

11. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

I was amazed the other day at work how empty handed i feel when i don't have my EDC gear. that same day i left my surefire backup , spyderco military,and SOG multi-tool all home and it hit me how helpless i was when not being able to reach for a tool.
    At work i use my light at least 25 times a day and same for my knife and multi-tool.

12. gadgetguy35

gadgetguy35 Loaded Pockets

Same for me. I use my Streamlight Microstream, Leatherman blast, and especially my Vic Explorer SAK every single day. I got to work yesterday and my light was not in my pocket. I flipped out(mainly because it would be 20 bucks and next week before I could replace it). I retraced my steps for an hour, finding at least 5 occasions to use the light itself in looking for it. It ended up hanging from my jacket's waist draw string, it had caught the pocket clip and removed the light from my pocket.

13. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

I did but I need to expand onto my EDC and find a nice pair of scissors, I want to edc a nice strong pair that I can cut aluminum cans with if need be and go right back to thin receipt paper, adjustable would be preferred as well as being no larger than 4 inches... tough search.

14. gadgetguy35

Leatherman. Micra.

15. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

I used my folding knife, lighter and pair of scissors to finish some lanyards.

16. morituri

morituri Loaded Pockets

It's coming up to Chinese New Year, and so my company gets quite a number of gift baskets / hampers from vendors and suppliers. My Victorinox Cadet has seen moderate use opening up all sorts of packages.

17. Golden

Golden Loaded Pockets

Went to Target today/yesterday, used Leatherman Wave bottle opener to open a root beer for a friend.

Used my Brunton Monocular to see if the bus was coming on the way home from Target, my younger sister found the fact that I carried optics incredibly amusing and wanted to fiddle with it :knuppel2:

Whipped out leatherman again when I got home, this time to open packaging with the knife (plastic wrapped stuff, tape edges)- then used plier head to tighten four bolts assembling a frame container.

Finally used Fenix PD30 R4 on medium to navigate my way upstairs and turn on lamps (it was dark by then, as dark as it gets...)

This stuff really is useful. :woohoo:

18. JerryD

JerryD Loaded Pockets

Aside from the typical small cutting chores, etc... Before I came in here to sit down and browse EDCF, I picked up a can of mandarin oranges and a fork from the kitchen. Upon my arrival I realized that I grabbed the can without the pull tab. :brickwall: Oh well, no worries I'll just use my Vic. Farmer... realize I'm carrying my Kershaw Blur, not my SAK. I look over to see the SAK laying on the nightstand across the room :thumbsdown:. In my lazyness, not wanting to walk across the room, I remember that my Gerber multipliers have a can opener reminiscent of the SAK's. Pulled it out of my backpack lying next to my desk at my feet and opened up the can. I must say that the can opener worked pretty well. :D

19. InMused

InMused Loaded Pockets

Nice Work JerryD

20. gadgetguy35

It's experiences like this that make me always have a SAK on me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.