1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by L Bow, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

drink a lot of beer and get a lot of packages so bottle openers and knives are like daily even when i dont go out.

BravoGrrrl likes this.
  2. benissocool

benissocool Loaded Pockets

Power went out at my in-laws during Thanksgiving. Thanks to my Fenix PD30 light, I was the only one who didn't have to go to the bathroom with the door open.

3. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Could have used my knife today but it was in the house and I was in the detached garage. Had a couple knives stashed out there so no biggie.

4. rueingeni

rueingeni Loaded Pockets

I used my knife to cut a kiwi in half, and also to trim some packaging tape on a box I was packaging for shipping.

5. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

We were at a wedding today and in our table of friends were a couple of new mothers. One of them said that they had to pump breast milk but left the bottles at home. She was quite upset over it. I whispered to my wife that I have breast milk bags in my NERD Bag (as she calls it). In my mini PSK, I have 5 bags rolled up tight to use as ad hoc canteens.
    When we gave the bags to her she raised her eyebrows, wondered WHY I had them, and then used them. She was grateful.
    For those that don't know when breast milk builds up in the mommy it cause alot of discomfort and crankiness (personal experience). I really felt like I saved the day.
    That's TWO points for EDC Nerds everywhere.

6. benissocool

benissocool Loaded Pockets

Another wedding story: I attended an outdoor wedding last night where the parking was in a pasture. It was a cool ceremony. The bride arrive by horse-drawn carriage.

Folks returning to their cars in the dark were stepping in horse pies. I pulled my Fenix PD30 light from my suit coat and blazed the trail, saving my wife's expensive heels from the compost.

She asked me, "Do you carry that thing everywhere ?" And I said "Yes. Yes I do." And you're welcome!

7. qharjo

qharjo Empty Pockets

*blink blink*

*Looks at stores of leftover baby paraphenalia*

:D

My Bucklite 355 has been getting something of a workout today. I'm finishing up installing a new back door, and the file and serrated bit on the knife have been handy for cleaning up some edges on my new "sill" (which is really scrap trim cut to fit, but it looks really nice.) My Boker Subcom is used on pretty much a daily basis for opening packages of food, mail, whatever, but the blade on the 355 is rarely used. Not often I find a half-serrated knife handy, but the weird gentle "wave" pattern on the Buck makes it handy for whittling sometimes.

Still, this fuels my need to customize a SOG 3P with a full serrated and a saw :p

8. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Been using my lightly-modified Opinel No. 8 to cut fruit and other foods pretty frequently (trying to develop that patina some more). My Gen. 3 Prybaby continues to perform like a champ, opening cans of paint, driving screws, wrenching on stuff, scraping and, of course, prying.

Nitecore Infinity is extremely useful when navigating dark passageways or trying to locate items in my locker when the lights are out. People keep telling me how bright the thing is, and it's funny to see their faces when I put it on full-power and light up a bullseye that's too far away to read!

BravoGrrrl likes this.
  9. Oddboy

Oddboy Loaded Pockets

I pulled a shard of glass off my heel with the SAK tweezers.

10. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

Used my Gerber artifact to slice up some deer sausage that a friend shared with me at work. Yes, I cleaned it before and after.

11. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

I stayed at a friends night before last to watch her dog while she was at work (the dog has dry skin problems and tends to chew herself bloody without a little supervision.) Anyway, I of course took My EDC. During the night I used My flashlight when I took our dogs out to do their business, I used my pens and notepad to make some shopping lists, I took a few pics of the dogs with My digital camera and the next morning I used the Lock De-Icer that i recently started carrying to get her car doors open. Then when I got home I was cooking breakfast and got a bone lodged in my garbage disposal and used My multi tool to fix it.

Really, not a day goes by I don't use something in My EDC. I'm sure I'll use it today too, but it's still very early and I've not left the house yet.

12. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Used the bottle-opener on my Leatherman Micra to open two bottles of Stewart's Grape soda fountain drinks. Old-fashioned glass bottles with old-fashioned caps that don't twist off easily.

13. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

Probably made with pure cane sugar and none of that terrible high fructose corn syrup :thumbsdown:.

14. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

I was able to whip out a zip-lock bag and make an ice pack at McD's after my son busted his head on the play structure.
    Also was able to get out some pain relievers to admin to him as well.

I love my murse.

15. Towanda

Towanda Loaded Pockets

Used the pliers on my Juice S2 to remove half a broken staple from a stack of papers. Used the knife on the S2 to peel an orange.

Transferred all my other EDC from my old Ampac iTour bag (mine is tan, not OD) to my new medium Tom Bihn Cafe bag in Olive/Cayenne.

16. soli

soli Loaded Pockets

Last edited by soli, May 27, 2012
  17. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

used my BRKT PSK to open a package that arrived this morning (5mega 2x18650 C-M tube in Ha3)
    My EDCF Tuffwriter to write notes at work
    used my newish T1a titan to look through the work car to see if i had left anything behind when i finished work in the dark, and to see the front door to unlock it when i got home.

I am about to use my TI atwood cookie wrench to open a bottle of beer too.

oh, and my USB drive on my keys to move some files between work and home.

I normally just use my edc and dont think about it.

18. gunny

gunny Empty Pockets

The forklift broke down so the driver was digging around inside with my wave and fenix ld10. :lolhammer:
    then the cable broke on the back door of one of the trucks so driver used some of my paracord on that. :thinking:

WE DELIVER YOUR PARCELS TO YOU :giddyup:

19. Clead

Clead Loaded Pockets

Did I ever... was working on an out-of-service ABM today. This is "work" EDC though. I used my TK10 to have a thorough look inside a machine for a bill jammed in the recesses of it; I used my Kershaw Chive to make a clean cut in the middle of a receipt roll so I could splice it back together; and I used my LM Supertool (the original!) to un-jam the little locking tabs on a cassette(tray with bills inside it inside an ABM). Some guys at work show up to do this with a clipboard and a pen ONLY. I have no idea how they get anything back online, lol.

20. gadgetguy35

gadgetguy35 Loaded Pockets

I don't use my entire EDC everyday, but I do most days. I used my vic supertinker today to open a beer, used the scissors to trim a piece of skin from large cut on my hand, used the large blade to cut many things, and used the small blade to make a precision cut for a label on a cardkey at work. Friggen love this knife!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.