1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by L Bow, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oddboy

Oddboy Loaded Pockets

I opened a box and a bottle of beer with the micro widgy bar. ;D

2. TrailDemon

TrailDemon Loaded Pockets

i sliced cheese with my leatherman... :)

3. benissocool

benissocool Loaded Pockets

My 4-year-old told me at dinner: "Dad-dad, I got to use my kit today."

He cleaned and dressed his own scraped knee using his Preschool EDC Kit. He totally rocks!

Although cutting the cheese with a leatherman is quite a feat, too. :p

4. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

My father borrowing my old Soldier on Saturday to tighten a screw on his camera flash bracket, after I had used it to access some floor power sockets for setting up other lights. His reasoning behind not carrying his Cadet? Because he knew I'd have a knife on me... plus we were running late. ^^;

Hmm, not much other use lately, however - and I realize it hasn't been personal EDC for a while, but more like a desk multitool - I did just finish trimming my goatee with my Micra. :)

5. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

I use my Skeletool at least 10 times every day when I am in "handyman" mode as I was today. Cut twine, used both screwdriver bits, used the pliers. Perfect handyman companion.

6. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Must have had some really wicked cardboard today for neither my holster carried Stockman nor pocket carried Sod Buster Jr. would slice it clean. The Soddie was better however.

7. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

As always it's the band-aids and triple anti-biotic ointment and a "that's okay honey, it'll get better soon"....Insert hug, smile, nose tweak. Always makes the kids smile even if they are sniffling. :thumbsup:

8. clock

clock Loaded Pockets

Today I needed to buy an aquarium for fish but the wife gave her vito to the idea. I grabbed an empty disposable 10 liter ( ~2.5 gallons ) water bottle, cut the upper third with my Wave clone very sharp knife.

Instant aquarium.

9. 3fgburner

3fgburner Loaded Pockets

I use the Kershaw on a daily basis. Likewise the Blackberries.

10. Al-Dog

Al-Dog Loaded Pockets

I finally got a chance to use my peanut lighter. :D

I was going to get a well deserved snack and passed a caterer lady who was setting up for a little event. She asked if I had a match to light the little heating thingy that goes under the food pans. I said would a lighter work? It did.

My first legitimate reason to use it. :woohoo:

11. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

I eat blackberries for breakfast...oops, wrong forum.
    I finally used my micro widgy to scrape the weird scum off the feet of my laser mouse.
    Also used it to get a stubborn laptop chassis open (that's not allowed, don't tell the boss :-X).

12. Doug S

Doug S Empty Pockets

Actually, I had a very attractive woman approach me today and ask me for a "light". I had my Spit Pea lighter in my pocket kit, and got to try it out for the first time. I don't recommend the split pea for lighting cigarettes, though. Better choices for that. Also used my knife to cut open some book packages in my office. Not exactly exciting scenarios, but I did use my EDC. :)

Also used my Bullet pen quite a bit (as usual) today. Yesterday I backed up computer files on my EDC USB drive.

13. MagnaWolf

MagnaWolf Loaded Pockets

My SAK Explorers bottle opener was used on a couple of bottles of Pilsner Urquell.

14. fiat_buster

fiat_buster Empty Pockets

I have to say I used more than my fair share of EDC today:
    Wrote Check with EDC pen - F701
    Ingrown Hair of neck - Neosporin (sp) and tweezers
    Knife to open box who's previous owner was over zealous with the tape

Wow what a day, I'm tired
    :sigh:

15. gern_blanston

gern_blanston Loaded Pockets

Power went out in the hotel last night, and for blocks and blocks in all directions, so it got really dark. I followed my Merkava tritium fob to my keychain Photon, which I used to find my shaving kit to get my Inova X1, dug my Esbit cooker out of my suitcase and made a cup of coffee in the hotel-supplied pot. Surfed the net for half an hour with my 4G card (the hotel wirless was gone) set my Oregon Scientific alarm clock and went to sleep. Power was back on by this morning.

16. Towanda

Towanda Loaded Pockets

My brand-new Juice S2 arrived today. I used my SAK to open the Juice package, then put the SAK in the box the Juice shipped in and put the Juice in my pocket. So far, I've opened and shut everything on the Juice multiple times, cut some test paper with the scissors, used the Phillips head to tighten a closet door handle, and have been looking around in vain for something to dismantle and reassemble.

17. benissocool

benissocool Loaded Pockets

My EDC kit failed me yesterday. My band played the Race for the Cure in our town and the gals had nothing to use to hang the banner!

I normally have a length of para cord, but it was missing!

Was it wrong of me to NOT unravel my Survival Straps Paracord Survival Bracelet just to hold up a banner??? It was a tough call and I just couldn't do it.

18. tsacain

tsacain Loaded Pockets

Used my gerber articfact to open a couple of beers after work. At work I used my flashlight and knife.

19. Doug S

Doug S Empty Pockets

I used my SAK scissors to trim my beard.

20. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

I use various bits of my EDC every day but some days stand out a little more than others.
    Today the diesel line came adrift where it feeds the injection pump on a friends old Renault van, my Skeletool undid the hose clip, Kershaw 2420 cut a clean end, Skeletool pliers gripped and pushed the line back on to the spigot and the Skeletool screwed the hose clip back up.
    Mechanics? We don' need no stinkin' mechanics!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.