1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by L Bow, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

We were visiting a friend at her summer place today. It's an old farm, and she was showing us around. We came to an old drying barn, and wanted to take a look at it. "Well, it's kinda dark in there", she said. I took a Nitecore 2AA out of my pocket and shone it around at the door. Lots of interesting old stuff in there! My wife took the Nitecore and walked in. So I fished a ZebraLight out of another pocket and turned it on. My son starts going "Daddy, light! Daddy, give me a flashlight!" so I give it to him and he walks in, light in hand. So me and our hostess are still standing outside the door, and I take the Fenix L0D from my keychain and turn that on with a "shall we go in, too?"

She didn't say anything, but I got the "that guy just pulled three flashlights out of his pockets" look. ;D

2. Buck

Buck Loaded Pockets

This was Friday night, but my son had stuck our golf cart in the mud and I took the 4 wheeler to pull it out. Pulled it out with no problem, and left the rope tied to the frame and put it in my lap. NOT THINKING the rope slipped off and wound around the axle sucking my leg into the fender against the tire. There was no one around and I could feel the blood being shut off of my leg. Luckily I had one of my knifes still in my pocket and was able to cut the rope away. If I hadn't had my EDC knife I don't know what i would have done because no one was around to help.

[​IMG]

lesson learned not to put the rope in your lap

3. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

sounds like you have to carry for two other (rather unprepared) people...
    maybe a quick lesson on edc is in order?

4. vrocco

vrocco Loaded Pockets

I LOVE that look!!!!

5. Kabong30

Kabong30 Empty Pockets

Had to bust out my q-tips and clean out the bite valve on my Better Bottle. Kept feeling like there was something in the valve when I was taking a drink. I clean the thing religiously, and I never found anything, but after a quick swabbing out it was better. Not as exciting as Buck's story (glad you got out of that OK BTW) but there was no one else around! :shocked: :green: :winkwink:

6. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

I rinse mine very often and the tube and valve extensively. Stuff can and will collect in there. It takes me 10 min with a Q-Tip, mild soap and hot water to clean my GF's out when I get a hold of it :rant:.

7. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

Two things that come to mind that I use every day are my handkerchiefs and my headlamp. Something which I give out so often is my zebra 301 compact.

8. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

Besides typical use of a USB pen drive, which occurs almost daily, I ended up using my Victorinox Manager's phillips screwdriver to unscrew a laptop screw that held the hard drive into place... I intended to use my Micra, but it's phillips screwdriver was too large. Failing with that, I turned to my (old @_@) Tinker, which also wouldn't fit the screw. I was about to go arga when I tried using my Silver Alox Classic SD's screwdriver, also to no avail. Alas, the Manager came to the rescue. @_@

9. hovaczech

hovaczech Loaded Pockets

Where abouts in IL do you hail Parnass? I live in central and the coyotes have killed off all the pheasant and rabbits. The only upside is now I get to roll coyotes with my .223 instead of pheasants with my shotgun.

10. JIM

JIM Loaded Pockets

Had a family-reunion yesterday and we all played farmers-golf (which is awesome btw). However, at the end, it was raining cats&dogs so we were all soaking wet..

I used the microfiber towel to get myself dry, then changed into the spare clothes I had in my GHB. In the end, the weather cleared up again just in time for the bbq..

EDC saved the day! (for me at least :evilgrin:)

11. turbo chicken

turbo chicken Empty Pockets

yes... this morning i trimmed the plastic bag a little on my "hang from the mirror" air freshener in the car.

and well my pen at work ...

12. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

Co-worker had a sore on her arm .. Handed her some neosporin and bandaid from FAK

13. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

I used my LM Wave to remove some stitching from a bad upholstery job I did last year. I used my stainless Sharpie to properly mark my new sew line.

Last year I acquired a pop-up tent trailer and have been trying to restore it. The seat cushion covers badly needed to be replaced. There are 3 separate benches if you will. Each one has a back cushion and a bottom seat cushion. For 2 of them, the back cushion is not a wide as the bottom. I incorrectly assumed the 3rd bench would be the same. That one cushion, I just laid the cover over it like a blanket. In my infinite wisdom, I did not cut the excess material out. After I have pulled the stitching out, I have more then enough material to make the cover the proper width.

Of course, in my vastly superior hindsight, I did not bother to take "Before" pictures.

14. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

301 compact to write down a phone number at a wedding yesterday :roof:

Nitecore D10 to look for my brother's tie under tables. Never did find it.

15. anik02

anik02 Empty Pockets

I spent some downtime at work today e-mailing a supplier, and trying to find a company to replace our ice machine's door on my smartphone (samsung Blackjack II) I also called upstairs to check on an order with my cell when I was in the basement because I was too lazy to run upstairs and check on it myself :p I used my new SOG Flash II a bunch of times to break up boxes, cut straps, and keep me amused through out the day, as this is my first AO :p
    Other than that, my EDC didn't get much of a workout.

16. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

Today and yesterday have been eventful; the scissors on my Explorer Plus cut a string on my dress pants today, its magnifier allowed me to check dosage of a migraine medication for a friend yesterday, either it or my Kick's... or my Compact's? can opener was used on cans this past week. My E01 allowed me to find the camera in the van last night as we watched fireworks, and my Zebra 301 was used today to write a note commenting that Colonel Sanders was found in church today. >.>;

17. JIM

JIM Loaded Pockets

Some duct-tape in my wallet to patch up the garden hose.
    Benchmade mini-griptillian to open up some packaging and clean my fingernails :rolleyes:
    Fenix EO1 for lighting up the telescope in the dark to adjust the sights.

18. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I used my Dovo folding scissors to cut some...err, uhmm, short and curly ones there in the "triangle" that uhh....got caught in the.....ugh, trouser zippers.

19. hardcider75

hardcider75 Loaded Pockets

Used the SAK to cut the end of a cigar. And my 6P to illuminate the fuses on some fireworks. Then used the lit cigar to light the fireworks.

20. Mike Grandin

Mike Grandin Loaded Pockets

At the gym, a shoulder machine has grips that keep coming loose, so today I whiped out my SOG & used the flat screwdriver tip to tighten the screws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.