1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by L Bow, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

Did you think about getting the JR20 vs the JR10 and if so, what were the factors that made you go with the JR10?

Update: 3:40 pm. - ordered the JR10

Last edited by Knightrock, Sep 23, 2013
  2. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

Update to this. Saturday after the Plumber(Long story) I took the fellow to the Humane Society and bought him a new dog, older dog but right for him. So today I come home from work and see a note with a muddy paw print on it and in it just said, Thanks. Sometimes Thanks is everything in the world. but after the dog came home they had dinner with us. So I don't know if the Dog wrote it. Lots of steak left overs for him, or the fellow who I had the whole interaction with:)

3. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Cool! :cool:

output on high somewhat, but length mainly. Just the head of the JR10 is almost as long as the average 1XCR123 light(like my BC10), to accomodate the rotating angle pieces. I figured the JR20 would be far too long to carry comfortably.

I didn't actually have to make the choice though, I didn't order it myself... I had posted about getting one in the future, then we had the EDCF Christmas gift exchange, and SecretMember(great user name for a gift exchange..:rofl:) ordered it and had it sent to me!

warchild likes this.
  4. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Used the Boker Nano to open up the box on a new printer at work (cuz the old one finally died). Then put the knife to work breaking down the cardboard packaging from the printer.

Had to move a couple of phones around because we got a new hire that started on Monday. Moving a phone means unplugging the Cat-5 cable from the bottom of the phone. My big fingers don't fit into the small spaces very well so the file blade on the SAK Rambler came out to reach in and depress the tab on the connector so I could unplug it.

At home I noticed that a couple of towel rings and TP holders were a little loose. They all have a small set screw on the housing that secures them to the bracket on the wall. So, out came the LM bits to get the right size hex bit. Popped it into the extension and proceeded to tighten them all up.

5. themaindude

themaindude Loaded Pockets

That little plastic bottle cap seal.[​IMG]

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk 2

6. Mike Keith

Mike Keith Loaded Pockets

My Byrd Tern got used a few times today... Firstly for cutting strapping on bundled junk mail, then for breaking up the boxes it came in, then later as a door wedge! :p

I've actually used a few of my pocket knives over the years to prop open security doors that I've needed to be able to get back through. If you know what you're doing, there is no risk of damage to the knife :)

7. Glock Block

Glock Block Loaded Pockets

Used my Kershaw Clash today to open a package. It's performance showed the need for sharpening. Sharpened it when I got home.

8. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

I used my Microstream and Wave tonight to help change a tire and I used my Delica to cut packages of Ketchup out of a big box then I used it to cut lunch! Cafeteria was a jungle about to riot without Ketchup packets!!:rofl:

9. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I used the small screwdriver on my LM Squirt P4 to pry open the key fob for my car to change out the fob battery. I used the knife blade on it to carefully cut open the battery 2-pack so that the second battery would stay in the pack. My car uses a keyless ignition so if the battery dies on that thing, you're walking home.

Water-Rat, scbubba, Brtsmpsn and 2 others like this.
  10. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

I used my tactical folder to slice pizza and used my Leatherman KICK to tighten the sights on my Daisy Model 25 BB Gun (we were doing a little airgun shoot today). On the way back I used the Leatherman again to fix my buddy's alarm kepypad which had stopped working.

11. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Please continue the discussion HERE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.