1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by L Bow, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbo chicken

turbo chicken Empty Pockets

Yesterday I did... used my pen Zebraf-301 to sign some insurance documents while the agent was looking for a pen... i had everything signed before she came up from her desk with one :D
    -Used the knife on my Zilla Jr to cut off a tag from a new shirt.
    -Used the pliers to take off a top from our bathroom sink soap dispenser. That thing was stuck on there...
    -Used the screwdriver on my wife's artifact to take off a light switch cover and inspect why the light switch felt funny... couldn't quite see in their so i used her solitaire to get more light... still couldn't figure it out so i just called matainence today to come check it out.

yesterday was a fairly busy day!

2. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

Used a Victorinox Spirit multitool today:

• installed gadgets on a new recumbent bike, e.g., a bell, bike computer, light
    • cut food package open for lunch
    • cut open a bag of salt for the water softener

I will be using flashlights tonight, as usual.

3. subrosa

subrosa Loaded Pockets

Signed my 2 week notice at work with my Zebra F-701 :cool:

..and signed my offer letter for the new job as well ;D

4. shaggi

shaggi Loaded Pockets

used folder to cut some packging tape..went on a stroll looking for the merlion used my phone and bts gps unit..used my squirt to adjust some tielocks.. ;D

5. WolfAmmoMan

WolfAmmoMan Banned

I hope that your new job works out well for you :)

6. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

On the 23rd of July, I used the Zebra F701 as a prop to keep a screen door open. Pushed it open, removed pen from collar, and wedged it on one fluid motion. Dad was impressed.

7. mikel81

mikel81 Loaded Pockets

Just used my Nitecore D10 to do a security walkthru at the hotel I work at.

8. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

While at a BBQ last night I used my Atwrench to open beer bottles for several people after they lost their kitchen can opener at dusk. Then used my ConneXion to light up the take down points on a couple of canopies that were not needed once it got dark. Finally my Fisher Space Pen saw use to write down my # for a nice lady ;).

9. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

Used my Brinkmann 2AA torch (2AA LED Mag. clone) tonight when our car battery died. Decided not to use my 140lumen Leatherman Light (overkill). I even dropped the Brinkmann, and it's fine in case you were wondering. :p

Other day broke out the Inka (SpacePen mod) to write down an address for GPS input. Wrote perfect. Best $2.11 I've spent in a while.

10. snarkdek

snarkdek Loaded Pockets

Leatherman squirt used to fix the kitchen cabinet which needed the magnet adjusted. Leatherman Wave's knife used to open a package at work today.

It was an all Leatherman day.

11. subrosa

subrosa Loaded Pockets

Opened a beer(s) with my Leatherman e301 knife...worked way better then I thought it would.

Took some notes with my Zebra F-701.

Navigated my house without waking up anyone with my Surefire 6pld w/ red filter.

12. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

= Good day :winkwink:

13. qcicustodes

qcicustodes Empty Pockets

I used my Spyderco Native to open dozens of mailings of client records. I accidentally cut through both sides of many of the envelopes, the only disadvantage of keeping the knife super sharp.

14. unterhund

unterhund Empty Pockets

Used my Leatherman Pulse to cut the flower stems off our red hot poker, as the flowers are long gone.

15. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

I used a Victorinox SwissTool X when fastening a reflective triangle to the back of my recumbent bicycle.

During the bicycle ride I stopped at a garage sale 6 miles away from home. I bought an item and tied it to the bike using the 550 paracord that I carry inside my pants leg and a small bungee cord I carry in the bike took kit.

I wanted to use my LED flashlight to get a waiter's attention at lunch yesterday, but my wife said she would be embarrassed. :p

16. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I helped the wife install about 32 APC brand UPS. Over half I replaced existing surge protectors. After 4 hours my MiniGrip was covered with tape residue and my 1 watt LED got a good workout under all the desks. APCs were 350 and 550 units. New office location switched to phone system thru the computer. Too bad about brown outs.

17. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

Speaking of APC brand UPS, a widow asked me to troubleshoot her APC UPS this morning. I used my multitool's screwdriver blade to open the battery compartment hatch and copy the pertinent battery information. (Multitool is a Victorinox Spirit.)

While I was there I used an LED flashlight (Inova T1) to look behind cabinets while testing her AC wall outlets. Half of them showed ground faults or reversed wiring.

18. millhouse

millhouse Loaded Pockets

Used my LM Charge at work to open a large package. Cut my finger quite badly on the razor sharp blade. Fixed it with my first aid kit.

19. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

I've been using a grimlock on my JUMBO to keep from crushing my bread and rolls, considering I always walk to the grocery store. I just snap it on the back, and then hand carry the rest.

20. mikel81

mikel81 Loaded Pockets

Opened all of my kids'/neices'/nephews' party favors at a birthday party today. (Skeletool CX) I had a line of 10 kids waiting to open noisemakers and squirtguns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.