1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by L Bow, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Used my Leatherman Surge to partially disassemble the pull cord mechanism on a power lawn mower (the Surge held up its end, but I never did get the thing fixed right :mad: );

Used same to cut out unwanted saplings along a fence line too close to access with a regular garden tool.

After showering at the gym, trimmed my toenails with a Juice CS4;

Took some notes with my Fisher Space Pen;

Found a door lock in the dark with the micro light clipped to my Vic Rambler, which gets hauled out several times every day to touch up fingernails and handle small cutting chores.

To be honest, it was a slow day all around (pleasant, though :) ).

2. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

I tried on a new pair of pants in a store dressing room. There was a clothes rack, but no hooks in the dressing room. If I had placed my jeans over the rack, the pockets would be upside down and all my gear and coins would have fallen out of the pockets.

I used the Nite-Ize S-biner I EDC to hang my jeans from the clothes rack by a belt loop, keeping the jeans upright.

3. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Empty Pockets

:p
    Used my rainbow finished titanium GasBaby to close the valves on my sprinkler system when I activated it this evening.
    And then used it to pop a beer while I checked the zones.
    ~ ZM

4. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave Loaded Pockets

I took my car in to have the driver side door lock looked at today, they have to order parts. I had some running around to do after I picked her up, and I realized that the key fob (the only way I have to lock my car right now... though it can be unlocked with a screwdriver...) had died. So sitting in the parking lot of CanadianTire I pried open the fob with my leatherman wave, then popped open the MEC Turtle Light on my keychain and swapped a 2032 from the light into the keyfob.

Once I got home I replaced the dead battery, and put 2032's on my list of batteries to pick up and carry a spare of on me.

It hit me later this evening that this thread is about exactly such actions!

5. Patrick T

Patrick T Empty Pockets

I cut open the plastic baggies the happy meal toys comes in for my kids, I cut open a package of JB Weld, and I cleaned my fingernails.

Patrick

6. hawkeye

hawkeye Loaded Pockets

My girlfriend made me proud! I make sure she carries at least a small knife, and I had given her a Vic Classic for her keyring.

Today, someone chained a lost dog to the handicapped parking sign at the vet clinic where she works. She couldn't get the chain unlocked, couldn't lift the dog and chain over the sign, so she used her little SAK to cut the collar. After getting the dog inside with some food and water, she called the owner.

The owner didn't even know the dog was missing yet (it was 6 am), and was delighted to get the little guy back.

The mystery is why the people who found him didn't just call the number on the tag, instead of chaining him to the sign. They didn't leave a key for the padlock (anywhere obvious, anyway). Kind of strange, but a happy ending nonetheless.

Little classic to the rescue!

7. LiquidOC

LiquidOC Empty Pockets

I most definitely did. I used my door keys to open several elevator doors, my mini-mag to illuminate several dark shafts/spaces in machinery rooms. I used my gerber tool to unscrew escape hatches and open certificate holders so I could sign them. I also used my cell phone (personal) for some text messages with the wife, and I used my other cell phone (business) to call a guy that hadn't gotten back to me for months, but I was finally on his "to call today" list.....even though I've left messages for the last 2 months that he should be calling me!! :rant: anyways, yes, I use my EDC Everyday!

8. Mecha04

Mecha04 Loaded Pockets

I used my flashlight yesterday to crawl thru an attic. Repaired leaking water cooler line with my LM Surge.

Mecha

9. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

I used my flashlight to help track this snake which ran inside thick bushes in the lawn. Image censored for decency. I assure you the situation was dealt with humanely. The thing might not look big, but it had length. These things have attacked my dog twice already.

Attached Files:

10. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

Our old dishwasher broke down Sunday. Yesterday I lit up the area under the kitchen sink while the installers replaced the dishwasher.

The sump pump broke today. I used a flashlight to light up the sump pit and the wire cutter on a multitool (Leatherman Pulse) to cut plastic cable ties while I replaced the pump.

Used the multitool's knife blade to open frozen food packaging. for lunch.

11. edc3

edc3 Loaded Pockets

I brought some leftover steak to work for lunch today. I forgot to bring a steak knife. All I had was a cheap plastic knife. So I put my Benchmade 551 to work as a steak knife. It worked great! I think I'll start using it in restaurants from now on. :D

12. edc3

edc3 Loaded Pockets

Just curious. What kind of snake is that?

13. chmsam

chmsam Loaded Pockets

Pretty much like any other day.

Used a spare A23 battery and an eyeglass screwdriver to remove the battery from the wife's remote car starter. Had to use the eyeglass screwdriver because I couldn't find the jeweler's screwdrivers even after looking for several minutes. Blood pressure went up.

Used the multi-tool to remove some cable ties. Scraped a finger. B.P. went up some more.

Used the FAK for the finger to clean and disinfect. Antiseptic wipe stung pretty good. Another tiny spike in the B.P.

Used the bottle opener. B.P. back to normal.

EDC'ing has its advantages.

14. zenlunatic

A dead one? No seriously you're asking the wrong person.

15. politenessman

politenessman Loaded Pockets

Over the past couple of days I have dispensed ibuprofen to the wife for a headache on two occasions.

16. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I worked in my precinct's polls Tuesday during the primary. We needed to stick some signs up on tables to show voters where to go, but didn't have any scissors. SS Jester took care of it. And not a shocked word from anyone. ;D

17. hawkeye

hawkeye Loaded Pockets

I installed a garbage disposal for mom yesterday. She had been wanting one for years, but dad always managed to put it off. He achieved the ultimate procrastination...

Anyway, since there had never been one installed, I had to do the plumbing and the wiring. I used my Cybertool 41 with the improved (sharpened) wire stripper - worked great. 10 feet of paracord tied on the end of my fish tape allowed me to pull the new wire into an existing switch box.

I also used my micro widgy tool to help get the old strainer lock ring off. I had to destroy it, but I could not get the sawzall to the perfect angle, so I made a slot and pried that baby off.

My zippo tape measure was crucial in getting the plumbing laid out, and a pocket bubble level was short enough to actually get between the fittings to make sure I was going downhill to the drain connection.

EDC works!

18. zenlunatic

Used my fake chinese spyderco-style knife, I opened a case of water in the car coming from the grocery store. I also used my sharpie mini to write my dogs name on a jar of peanut butter so no one would eat it.

19. ronmann

ronmann Empty Pockets

used my nibble to open 4 bottles of beer.

20. Mecha04

Mecha04 Loaded Pockets

Last night used mini screwdriver on LM surge to fix my wifes glasses and today used razor blade in my wallet to open up package for the LM Juice S2 that I bought today. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.