1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by L Bow, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L Bow

L Bow Empty Pockets

I thought about posting my "use" today on the one post a day thread, but then thought I would try to start a thread where you can post how your EDC may have made your day (or friend or a strangers) day better. For me it was using my flashlight to check a "boo-boo" on my daughter's tongue. While it was no national disaster, itwas enough immediate attention to sooth her.
    :)

2. G1K

G1K Loaded Pockets

I used my flashlight to check for contaminates (and found) chunks of piston and nikisil in a ducati cylinder.

R

3. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

Friends and family are always giving me a hard time about all the knives that I have, but they are always the first ones to want to use it when they need it. I used my SAK, as usual, to open boxes and open a package of "FLICKS" candy. Flicks are back and they are as good as ever!

GG

4. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

Today I used my knife to cut some cardboard and stretch wrap off a pallet. I used my flashlight just a few minutes ago to check on 'the Sprout', to see if he was sleeping. I used my pen to jot down a website address. A very smooth running day.

Now if I could only EDC a pocket air-conditioner I'd be all set!

5. destroythealter

destroythealter Empty Pockets

Oh today was a good day for tools! I used my spanner baby to pry a wedge so that a big prybar couldnt fit into it, in order to lift up an engine so that I could put the hinge in between it and its base :highfive: As well as the usually cutting of packages, string ect. And a flashlight when taking out the recycling :)

6. ousanas

ousanas Loaded Pockets

Let's see.. used my Pocket PC to listen to Bob and Tom, and read some in my free time. Used my Flashlight to find the cap for one of my pens that I was using and dropped. Used my knife to open the mail at work and open a couple boxes. Text and voice conversations (personal and work) on my cell phone and BT headset. and of course checked the time on my watch.

I think that's about it. Oh.. used the keys to open the house, work, and car, and to start the car ;)

7. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

What the heck is a FLICK? It's what I do to the flies... :wha:

8. bubbajoe

bubbajoe Loaded Pockets

lets see.. . Leatherman Ti to fix a hose nozzle. tiny tweezers to pull a hay splinter. knife to cut hay bales. inova flashlight to check AC unit (getting hot) . nail clipper to clip my little dogs nails.
    ion pen to write check at Walmart. prybaby to open bottle (lunch time :) ) knife to cut open box delivered by the little brown truck of joy. (more toys for me ;D, freeplay plus radio !!!) knife to open grain bags. leatherman pliers to fix halter. prybaby to pop top off plastic bucket. Advil from pill fob.
    (must remember to replace them)

went night fishing. use leatherman to pull hooks ,crimp slpit shot. cut line. clipped photon freedom to hat for light. Dakota angler watch. had to be off lake by ten :mad:. let friend use inova (not prepared as usual)

thats what i remember off the top of my head. usual day for me

bzimmerly likes this.
  9. gordonk

gordonk Empty Pockets

Quiet for me today so far - I "de-animated" a bannana first thing just to play with my new BM Mini-Grip/tanto ;D

- gord

10. Mahachippy

Mahachippy Loaded Pockets

Used my SAK to open a box of goodies!

11. ZenEngineer

ZenEngineer Loaded Pockets

Leatherman Wave to open a box of presentation binders, LP1 to shed some light on a photo during a meeting, Cross Ion to take notes during the same meeting, paperback novel to read when the meeting got really boring, Nalgene flask to stay hydrated during the long meeting that wouldn't end, cleaning cloth from eyeglass case to clean prescription glasses during long meeting. Cell phone to text a coworker about 'will this meeting ever end?' If I had a nail clipper I would have used that as well during the meeting.

12. Wicked

Wicked Empty Pockets

Used my Latherman Juice pro today to open some boxes, the pro has a real nead little blade for cutin the plasti bands.
    Also used my new EDC knife (Boker, Speedlock3000) to open a couple of letters and to slice an appel on my lunchbreak.

Wicked

13. wolf

wolf Loaded Pockets

Use my nalgene everyday at work. Used my BRKT Southern Skinner to slice a tomato.

14. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

I was away from home today and had a mild headache so I took 2 ibuproben tablets from a pill safe on my keyring. My lockback knife opens packages for lunch almost every day.

Trimmed a couple of mustache hairs with the Micra scissors.

I carry a small magnifying glass and I gave away another one to a friend today. Set some blades of dead grass ablaze with it as a test. :)

15. L Bow

L Bow Empty Pockets

Punched holes in the top of a Mason jar -firefly lantern with my SAK Pioneer. Also opened a couple bottles with my mini prybaby xl. Oh and had to use my flashlight several times after dark at a cookout.

16. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

Opened a box with my new SAK Trekker. I also tested the screwdriver doing some "Honey-Do's" and cut some bread sticks with the it... :knuppel2:

GG

17. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

Opened, then taped closed boxes. Repaired an ailing centrifuge. All hail the mighty SAK!

todd

18. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Today my EDC got a good workout. Our 11-yr.-old, as part of her service project to earn her bronze award in Junior Girl Scouts, was responsible for acquiring and serving food to 75 people participating in the Habitat for Humanity Builders' Blitz (they are building 400 homes across America in one week--they are building four in our area as part of the Blitz). I was just the driver, and she was responsible for directing everything and everybody who volunteered to help her. To say we are proud of her is an understatement. I helped out in other ways with my EDC. I used my Mini Prybaby to open the cans of Sterno to keep the barbecue (NO, IT WASN'T GOOD 'OLE TEXAS BARBECUE, BUT IT WAS FREE!) and cheese queso hot and to remove the plastic safety seals from around the pickle jars. I used Cricket to open the bags of chips and cups. Native made quick work of a watermelon and two strawberry creme cakes. And I fielded one phone call on my cell. There was a Boy Scout leader there helping us (his wife is one of the GS troop leaders), and he didn't have a knife on him. It was in the car. ;D (We need a smug smilie, LowWorm.) It was broad daylight, so I didn't get to use a flashlight...dang it.

Wolfhound0023, Mighty Max and Kripto like this.
  19. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

Congrats to your daughter for her well executed project! O0

todd

20. Mahachippy

Mahachippy Loaded Pockets

I stuck my inova microlight in my nose and turned it on to see if I could see my nose light up....I could! ;D O0 :highfive: :laugh:

Btw, way to go Miz Scríbhneoir's daughter! :highfive:

One more Todd! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.