1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 3)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, May 16, 2015.

1. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

No, not the TEOTWAWKI, but most certainly it'll save someone from being in the **** :confused:;)

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  2. mizedog

mizedog Loaded Pockets

My parents are both old and need my help. Mom is in the last stages of ALS. It seems I'm always using my SAK and aaa light for something around their house. This week, it was used to install a new toilet seat, arm rests, and bidet. Also, to open a flat of water bottles. Last week, to removed screws from their shower door runner before removing the doors. The Climber and Olight i3 eos usually save the day. :)[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

#962 mizedog, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Moose, Tallboyjim, Water-Rat and 4 others like this.
  3. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

... and it shows that @PragmaticMurphyist is a nice guy as he put the info on the outside of the cabin.

A not so nice guy would have put it inside of the empty toilet paper roll holder when the other guy would have finished his "job" and grab for TP ... "SANP" (short for S... And No Paper :frantic:).

Sorry, couldn't resist! And now back to serious EDC stuff ...

4. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Needed to change the heater filter. The SAK combo tool screw driver did the trick.

RogerStenning likes this.
  5. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Thank you!

...and one of my colleagues did suggest that. (I'll be watching him...!) :unsure:

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  6. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Mizedog, the Climber and i3s do make a nice combo.

I work in a school and today I used my County Comm pocket widgy and the tweezers from my LM style PS to remove tape from the glass block window in the classroom. Yesterday, we had a new student come in and the widgy bar scraped tape off of an old desk to clean it up for the new student. Needless to say, my writing utensils were used several times today as they always are when I'm at work. Today I was carrying a Zebra F-701 and a Tombow Monograph multipen. The list of locker numbers kept in my day planner helped immensely when helping students switch lockers to accommodate changes in their schedules.

Tonight, my Spyderco ladybug hawkbill was used to cut twine to secure a tarp and my Klarus XT1A was used to see my way to walk to the shed in the backyard.

7. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Nothing too exciting, just used the pen on my SAK yeoman.

While out to eat and woman asked about the t-shirt I was wearing. It was a Companions for Heroes t-shirt. When I told her it was for a charity, she asked if I would write down the name of the charity so she could look it up and donate. Thanks to my SAK’s pen and the blank piece of paper I always carry in my wallet, I was able to oblige her. When I pulled out my SAK, she said “I always carry one of those too”.

8. FiaOlleDog

What a dream of a date - meeting an EDC women! You are a lucky man!

What a rare occasion for the rest of us ... usually it's the opposite: trying to convince the spouse to EDC ends (always) up with "I hadn't have a need for this in the past, so why should I add <insert small & leightweight EDC item here> to my [10lbs] purse?!" :nah_disagree:

9. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Actually, I am a lucky woman. My wife was on the other side of me. She not only carries a SAK and flashlight, she doesn’t care what I buy as long as it doesn’t interfere with having money for bills and what we need plus some in savings.

Moose, EveryDayBeer, Treya and 4 others like this.
  10. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Used my Surefire e2d to see the Torx screws in the taillight assembly of a sprinter van while changing a bulb. Of course I didn’t have the torx with me! Lol.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  11. PragmaticMurphyist

Superglue to fix a colleague's glasses. Dry wipe markers as the meeting room didn't have any (not uncommon!). Clif bar when the meeting overran. Painkillers when my back went sp'doink.

Water-Rat and Moshe ben David like this.
  12. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

Used my knife on the Wave Plus to cut through the cellophane on a box of Coffee Nips. :hungry:

[​IMG]

13. FiaOlleDog

Well, not actually today but this week: i visited a customer and had to use the restrooms for a "session" and the only option in this storage area was one with a blown lamp. Used my keyring AAA flashlight as a temporary illumination - worked very well with 12 lumen (medium mode). I was lucky because there was TP :blink: so I didn't have to use my Kleenex carried in my front right pocket.

14. PragmaticMurphyist

Deployed emergency supplies during an office meeting:
    • Gave everyone an energy boost
    • Lightened the mood
    • Gave me the opportunity to tell my boss that it was, "...incredibly bad form to Bogart the jelly babies!"

15. Gray29

Gray29 Loaded Pockets

Recently used my Benchmade tactical triage at work.

Don’t mind the text, I saved it from my snapchat

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. FiaOlleDog

Maybe not even worth to mention ... but as I carry paper handkerchiefs (3-4 in a small plastic bag) as part of my on-person EDC: I used three of them while in the bathroom of a modern building with those fancy air hand dryers (no paper towels, of course); one to protect my hands from touching the dirty door knob to the stall, the other two for drying my handy after washing them. Funny enough there was a waste bin in the bathroom ... maybe I'm not the only one that brings and uses paper towels there. Refilled them as soon as I was near my bag which has a full pack.

Toothpick of my SAK Manager to get rid of some food between my teeth.

#976 FiaOlleDog, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Moshe ben David likes this.
  17. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Today, I used my Cold Steel Tuff Lite along with my widgy bar to open up the box for a new refrigerator for a family member. My Zebralight h53c was used to inspect various things so I didn't have to go looking for a light switch. My ancient work jacket and some cheap work gloves from Harbor Freight helped protect my hands and arms while removing the old refrigerator.

18. FiaOlleDog

Tricked the hotel room main power switch with an expired credit card out of my EDC, as I needed to get my electronic devices charged while being away for dinner:

Usually the room main power switch "terminal" requires the room key card (credit card size) to switch on power, or better: to switch all power off when one leaves the room and takes the room key card with him/her.

I didn't ask for a 2nd room key (which may raise questions at the reception whom it might be for ... :rolleyes_revamped: ), so I used an expired credit card (out of my mugger wallet) and replaced the room key card in the power switch "terminal", which gave me both:
    1. power in the room for device charging (trying to protect the environment and be mindful with my energy consumption I turned off all lights and the TV before leaving the room) and
    2. the key card for returning later to the room.

Gladly, this was not one of those top-modern hotel, as some of those have power "terminals" that do check the code on the key card every few minutes (like the door opener does when you hold the room key card against it) and this trick wouldn't work as the terminal would switch the power off despite there is some unidentified plastic card in it ...

Update: I've been once in a hotel that was smart in the way that they do not need to be tricked as described above as they offered one power outlet that was always powered, despite the rest of the room. :D

19. PragmaticMurphyist

Used my Spyderco S110V UK Penknife to open a packet of fruit and nut chocolate.

(Hmm? Overkill? Nonsense! It was just the right amount of chocolate!) ;)

20. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Thanks to my edc, my handicap little brother and I had a good day playing games on the Wii. First I needed my flashlight to locate the controllers and games. Then, I noticed that the sensor bar was falling off because the velcro was not sticking. Duck tape from the wallet cut with my SAK fixed that problem.

Treya, Tallboyjim, FiaOlleDog and 3 others like this.