1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 3)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, May 16, 2015.

1. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

Tire repair kit had the valve stem core thing?

RogerStenning likes this.
  2. Scoman

Scoman Loaded Pockets

Ha Ha Ha, after constant comments from my wife of 'I don't know why you always carry that big bag' its a Kifaru Antero I used some of the contents. We're on holiday in NYC and decided to spend the day in Central Park. We walked into 'Sheep Meadow' to have our picnic lunch and she was concerned about sitting on the grass. I immediately leapt into action and produced a casualty blanket from my bag and we made ourselves comfortable. Result!

RogerStenning and Water-Rat like this.
  3. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Witnessed a road traffic collision today, happened right in front of the bus I was driving. Apparently, the driver of the car suffers from hay fever rather badly, and sneezed at the wheel. The upshot was that the car jerked to the left, clipped a parked car, and flipped onto its drivers side, blocking the road, with the driver trapped inside.

I always carry my Uzi tactical pen (it's the one with the tungsten carbide glass breaker), specifically to help me get out of just this scenario. This was the first time I'd used it "in anger", and in this case, to free someone else, not myself.

I'm pleased to report that not only did it work as advertised, but the woman we freed up suffered only a few bruises and a minor case of shock.

The fire brigade turned up three minutes after we'd got to the young woman, by the way.

Sorted!

HarryD, sungame, loneslinger and 3 others like this.
  4. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

My handkerchief helped me with a couple little problems tonight. I was playing music at a restaurant and when I was setting up, I couldn't turn the twist mechanism on my music stand because my hands were sweaty. So, I quickly wrapped my handkerchief around the mechanism and was able to get it to move. Later, when using the bathroom, I went ahead and washed my hands before checking to see if there was any paper towels, and sure enough the dispenser was empty, so I used my handkerchief to dry my hands a bit. Just little stuff, but it sure makes like easier. Every time I begin to think I never use my handkerchief, it comes in handy for something.

5. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

The humble handkerchief - probably the most underrated EDC tool of today.

6. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Forgot to mention this yesterday, but being a lazy fellow, instead of walking over to the garage and digging through my Dad's tools, I used my LM Style PS to remove the string from the weed trimmer and to cut new lengths of string to replace the old ones. The Style worked quite well for the task, though a full size pair of needle nose would have given me better grip on the string. No real uses of my edc today, except for my pen and pencil, but just knowing that I'm ready for anything is a good reason to lug all my edc stuff around.

sungame and RogerStenning like this.
  7. quietconundrum
    • In Omnia Paratus

quietconundrum EDC Junkie

Busy day:
    • used my Leatherman Raptor to cut away the bandages from my injured dog's legs so I could put fresh ones on.
    • used my Leatherman Charge ALX Black Oxide to pull a troublesome staple from a door frame that had sadly caught someone in the thigh.
    • issued some burn cream from my FAK to a friend who burnt her finger.
    • used my Snowpeak chopsticks to consume a tasty Thai lunch
    • used my Leatherman Charge ALX again to help tighten a screw on the cash register at said Thai place (cash drawer release mechanism had stopped working; owner was troubleshooting when I walked up)
    • used my titanium nitride bullet pen that rides on my wallet to sign several receipts
    • used my Streamlight HL on tail-stand for when the timer-controlled bathroom light at work went out on me during... well, you get the idea.

Mark_Trail, Water-Rat, Treya and 4 others like this.
  8. CAS1965

CAS1965 Loaded Pockets

I made my own kit, has higher quality items and more stuff

9. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Well, my keys got stuck in my pocket when I needed to start my car tonight. They were trapped by a loose piece of thread. So, my ladybug hawkbill came to the rescue. It was nice to be able to put the spine of the blade against my leg and know I wouldn't stab myself because the hawkbill was pointing away from my leg unlike a standard blade would have been.

10. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Office meeting with people putting post-its on the wall, but the post-its were falling off the wall as fast as they went up. Came the cry, "PM, have you got any tape?!"

Oddly enough, yes.

(Followed by all those who don't know me well saying, "What on earth do you carry that for?!" (I give up.))

11. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

This stuff has been a revelation for me. I found a big stash of it at work and it's been a constant companion since then. Use it all the time.

Today, I used my S2 Juice to straighten out the bent prongs on an electrical cord. Used my Para 2 to open up a few boxes. Pretty normal day.

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  12. PragmaticMurphyist

Thanks for the tip!

I carry duct tape, but this sort of thing happens quite a lot in meetings and workshops and I didn't want to take the paint off the walls. I've recently added another card with Scotch Magic tape wrapped round one end and Scotch Removable Magic tape wrapped round the other.

legoman0721 likes this.
  13. PragmaticMurphyist

Went over to my elderly Mum's place and she told me the side door was hard to lock / unlock. I had a look and worked out that the deadbolt was catching on the striking plate as it moved in and out.

Used the Phillips on my SwissChamp to take the striking place off and, after a few unsuccessful tries at shimming it over a couple of mm, turned it through 180 degrees which put a couple of the screw holes in new positions. Started new holes with the SwissChamp's reamer and then used the Phillips to secure the striking plate in a better position. Problem solved.

14. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I stepped on something today and it went straight through my old sneakers and poked me in the heel. I used my wingman pliers to remove the head and sharp pointy section of a broken screw out of my shoe. I also used triple antibiotic cream from my FAK.

It's not really part of my edc, just my kayaking carry, but yesterday, I let some guys in a bow rider whose ancient Chrysler outboard had conked out borrow my spare paddle so they could paddle back to the boat ramp faster. Instead of one guy laboring hard in the bow, they had three guys paddling thanks to my never used before spare paddle. I knew I was packing that thing for a good reason even if I never used it.

15. The Slap

The Slap Loaded Pockets

Not today but last week, bucking a dead tree, one of the rounds, about 4" diameter and 8" long - spun out and whacked my shin. Major owey...broke skin, very sore suspected a tiny fracture even. Tried to work it off but it was just too sore. Then I remembered I had my wee FAK with me, with some homoeopathic meds. Went for an Arnica c30 and found I was out... So, hiked up the hill to the car for full patch up. So I used my edc but it wasn't much use! - due to lax maintenance.

16. mizedog

mizedog Loaded Pockets

This week:
    Leatherman Pocket Tool to open a coworker's White Out bottle
    Leatherman Wave to loosen the hose clamp to the air filter on my wife's car
    Vic Explorer to de-tag goodies from Wally World
    Vic Explorer to cut chic Fil A chicken breakfast rolls (no one else had knives and struggles with their plastic forks)
    Nitecore Tube to light up the truck bed so I could sweep it out before picking up a mattress
    Vic Explorer to remove the plastic packaging from my daughter's new mattress
    Vic Classic SD to open food wrappers, and for finger nail, and beard maintenance

17. Mark_Trail

Mark_Trail Loaded Pockets

Wed + Thu: General Lee and CRKT Eros were used to cut, mark, scracth etc. multiple times when helping to build an IPSC course

Fri: Leatherman used to re-attach patio door's blinders

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk

18. mizedog

mizedog Loaded Pockets

Wave helped assemble the kids' new trampoline. I used both knives, the pliers and Philips driver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

19. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Not exactly EDC (I wish) but just got done cutting a 120mm hole into a PC case. With apologies to the neighbors, since I used a Dremel with a grinding wheel. Nailed the holes on first shot, very minor walking, with my lil 12v Bosch. Touched up with the Dremel again to smooth edges.

Wiring the whole thing up now. Nephew is going to be one happy kid on Sunday (the PC is for him, a surprise). Picked up a 19" widescreen monitor for it too, fifteen bucks!

20. rule9

rule9 Loaded Pockets

used my victorinox classic SD to open a package. im a mega fan of this little pocket knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk