1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 3)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, May 16, 2015.

1. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I helped a group at my church start a memorial garden by digging holes for various small plants. We also planted a few small trees and I used my ladybug salt serrated hawkbill to cut away the twine and burlap wrapped around the root balls. The hawkbill shape was great for getting into position to cut and the serrations ripped through the burlap. It would have been nice to have a larger knife like the tasman so I didn't have to remove my gloves to draw and open the knife, but the little ladybug still did an awesome job. I tried using the blade on my LM Wingman at one point and it just wasn't as easy to get it under the twine and burlap. The lady bug did a much better job with it's hawkbill blade and full length serrations.

2. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Not super tacticool, but I had to remove the center cleat from my son's shoes minutes before his first soccer game. They weren't going to let him play with the front center cleat present, a safety concern apparently. Dad saves the day with a Kizer Gemini. I think I impressed a few parents that I had a knife with me and scared a few others when I flipped the knife out.

3. Cesar Siller

Cesar Siller Empty Pockets

Pulled out my first aid kit from my edc pouch to care for my son's cut.

Sent from LG V10 using Tapatalk

RogerStenning and Water-Rat like this.
  4. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Had some trouble with my eyes right before church (allergies to various scents). Used the eye drops in my tin FAK and my hankerchief to help remedy my red eyes. I don't use the stuff in my pocket FAK much, but it's invaluable when I need it. Other than that, no other usages today besides my edc water bottle to keep hydrated both while singing in church and then later during a long drive.

5. loneslinger

loneslinger Loaded Pockets

Went visiting the Zafra Castle -wich will seemingly appear at AGOT 6th season.

[​IMG]DSC04501 by

We used my Olight s15 to explore the narrow tunnel leading to the castle well.

[​IMG]DSC04511 by

It was quite a short tunnel, but even so an adventure to my four and eight years old children.

UmbertoTortallini, Lalle and sungame like this.
  6. Nodust

Nodust Empty Pockets

Cut a string off Mrs Dust dress today. Always handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UmbertoTortallini likes this.
  7. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

That is one cool - and pretty strange - castle!

Cesar Siller likes this.
  8. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

Where is this?

9. loneslinger

loneslinger Loaded Pockets

Ít´s pretty near to Molina de Aragon -that has a strong castle of its own-,in the province of Guadalajara, 2´5 hours drive from Madrid.

RogerStenning and Knightrock like this.
  10. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

[​IMG]

Felt something bounce off my head today as I was driving my bus at work.

Looked up, and saw that a hex head flanged button head bolt had fallen out (yellow arrow).

So, got the the other end of the route, found the errant bolt rolling around on the floor, and used the Topeak Rocket Ratchet Lite DX 1/4" socket set and its 3mm hex key attachment in my EDC to screw the bolt back in again, and tightened the other very loose bolts on the two panels (red arrows) in the photo.

All the other bolts were nice and tight already :)

It's a new bus, so I guess someone in the depot didn't tighten the bolts enough when they installed the two-way radio, GPS, & data system (called iBus) before it came into service a couple of months ago, and it took this time for the bolts to work themselves loose again. These things happen, and more often than not, the bolts get lost. Not this time :giggle:

Anyhow, mentioned this in the Vehicle Condition Report sheet (VCR), and also mentioned it to the night duty engineers when I got back to the depot last night. Seems that they don't stock these bolts as standard (purchase order got caught up in the system, apparently. Go figure), so they were both amused and grateful that I'd taken the time to replace it, and secure the other bolts too :D They were also amazed how small and effective that the little Topeak socket set is :rofl:

11. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

I went to a local business today and noticed their wall clock had stopped. I mentioned it to the woman behind the counter and she grumbled that it had been like that for three weeks.

I lifted down the clock and saw that it used an AA battery. I keep one in my bag in case my wireless mouse runs out of juice halfway through a meeting, so I dug it out, replaced the one in the clock and set it. Now it's right more than twice a day...

12. studly698

studly698 Empty Pockets

I just started using my multitool replacement for the first time. Went from a gerber full size to a gerber dime. So far used it for holding nuts while driving the screw and cutting open packaging, factory blade has a nice sharp edge. In love with gerber multitools!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RogerStenning likes this.
  13. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

While the paint job on the Dime does wear off blastedly fast, they *are* good tools. I keep one on my keyring at all times :)

14. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I used my Fenix E01 to look for the picnic chairs in a dark basement. Didn't find them.

15. ChaGheill

ChaGheill Empty Pockets

Used my Fenix LD12 today at work crawling under desks to install IT stuff for our new clinic and my kershaw skyline came in handy cutting cable ties. My coworkers think I carry to much crap until I've got the tool they need right there without having to track it down haha

16. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

Skeletool to the rescue today at the office. Coworkers chair armrest came apart. Thankfully I keep my bit kit in my bag as it was hex screws

17. davidt1

davidt1 Loaded Pockets

Adding paracord loops to pant pockets.

All items are pocket EDC except for the light, which is normally a Thrunite Ti3 that I wear around my neck. Today I am using a Quark Mini AA NW which I haven't used in years. I am cleaning out my stuff and the Quark is on the list to go. But there is something about that soothing beautiful warm tint. Letting it go won't be easy.

RogerStenning and jag-engr like this.
  18. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

How are you adding paracord loops to pants pockets? Are the loops on the top interior, effectively hanging them from the waistband? I have been toying with this idea but have been procrastinating the actual modification...

19. davidt1

davidt1 Loaded Pockets

Hello,

Long time no see, or talk. There are two loops inside the pocket, one on top and the other at the bottom as pictured here. My goal is to carry stuff discreetly without attaching anything to the belt. I can carry up to 3 items per loop for a total of 12 items in both pockets. Even when fully loaded with 12 items, I can put my hands in the pockets and move them around as if I don't carry anything.

Last edited by davidt1, Jun 21, 2016
  20. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Does your pocket extend across to the belt loop? If so, you could stitch a loop into the back of the belt loop from inside the pocket that would transfer the weight directly to the belt without being visible.

I have an idea to take the concept even further, perhaps, but it's hard to explain without pics, though. I guess that I need to sketch some...

Justinicus likes this.