1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 3)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, May 16, 2015.

1. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

my guess is Down Hill.

Gustavo Melro and sungame like this.
  2. Gustavo Melro

Gustavo Melro Loaded Pockets

yep, just like Moco said, it stand for Downhill mountain biking

Knightrock likes this.
  3. Nodust

Nodust Empty Pockets

Used my Shrade Keychain pry tool to cut the strings off a square bale of hay for the horses. The little hook worked good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

This is a little gross, so move on, or mods feel free to edit my post.

There was a little poopy splatter that caked on above the water line on the back of our toilet bowl - this, of course, drives the Mrs. crazy so she sent me in to clean it. Of course it couldn't be from her, women's stuff always dribbles straight down in a neat little pile ;).

So I tried to scrub them with a wet piece of toilet paper (bowl brushes are not aggressive enough) but it wasn't working on the stubborn spots. So I used a splash of 190 proof grain alcohol from my EDC flask, and it vaporized them. So now I have booze, stove fuel, medicinal anti-septic, fire starter, and poopy bowl solvent, all from one little EDC flask :D.

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  5. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Liquid multitool! :D

Last edited by PragmaticMurphyist, Mar 20, 2016
    RogerStenning and reppans like this.
  6. SJS101

SJS101 Loaded Pockets

This snagged a coworkers keys that fell behind her cabinet. Thank goodness it hold 5lbs! That keychain could be labeled as whatever the opposite of "minimal" is :eek:

[​IMG]

Treya and Knightrock like this.
  7. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

Where did you get that one?

8. SJS101

SJS101 Loaded Pockets

Amazon has them as well as some that were even more robust.

Knightrock likes this.
  9. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm gonna get a couple.

10. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

today i broke off the clip on my bicycle tail light, i took the paracord off my pocket oranizers handle and tied the light to the shock cord rig of my backpack

RogerStenning likes this.
  11. Cerberus.

Cerberus. Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Mora "light my fire"

Stay Bladed.

Water-Rat likes this.
  12. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I was working with a science class at the school I work at. They were building solar powered cars from kits. The motor goes into a clip that is attached to the body with some pretty strong adhesive. One of the students misaligned his motor clip which meant his motor belt(rubber band) didn't have enough tension... widgy bar to the rescue. Pried that little clip off after some mental swearing so he could reattach it.

13. jdawg1235

jdawg1235 Empty Pockets

I cut some threads with my knife, checked the time on my watch a few times, and looked under a car seat with my light. Oh..I also pulled cash out of my wallet to pay for lunch.

14. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

At an impromptu picnic with the kid. Bunch of parents on the beach. We all pooled resources and snacks and let the kids have at it on a blanket I had handy. Somebody had apples, so that got added, much to the kids' delight, but they needed to be sliced up so as to be shared properly. I was the only adult in the group with a knife. Surprised the heck out of me, especially here in the South.
    Anyway, the apples got cut up.The kids had a blast.

15. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Yesterday I was helping my parents remove a dwarf spruce and an azalea and a thorn bush from our front garden. When my Dad put them in almost 30 years ago, the thing was to use a landscaping fabric to keep the weeds back. Of course it never really worked that great and now it's a pain when clearing out the gardens. So, I used my zancudo a couple times to cut away parts of the landscaping fabric. It worked well for the task, but I think my next harder use knife won't be a frame lock or liner lock as they're much harder to release with gloves on.

I also used my widgy bar to remove dirt that was stuck to the bottoms of my boots.

16. Michael Adkins

Michael Adkins Loaded Pockets

Well, if anyone has watched the news you will know that Houston has had a "Rain Event". We have these often enough that they have a name for it.:frantic:
    I live on the north side of the city, and we had over 12" of rain between midnight last night and noon today.
    So when the storms hit last night I used my flashlight to walk around the house and check things out. It got pretty sporty with lightning and wind and hard rain. I started with my Eagletac D25C that I normally EDC, but when the power went out around 4, I switched to the Olight M21 Warrior. At daybreak, I took the dog out to do some business and had to use my Condor Machete to cut some branches that had not quite broken off the palm tree and were against one of the front windows. Went back into the house and got the Stanley florescent lantern out and made coffee on the gas stove in a French Press. Used my Ti Peanut lighter to light a few candles around the house.
    It wasn't the Zombie Apocalypse or :censored:, or TEOTWAWKI, but we got through it. A lot of people have been flooded out of their houses and stuck on the freeways. We are comfortable. And the power came back on at 9:00 :D

17. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Yeah. That was bad enough that it made it into the UK newspaper The Guardian. Can't post the link to the story, but if you google 'rain event Houston', you'll find it easily enough.

18. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Used my new micro bit screwdriver accessory kit to aid in performing normal cleaning and maintenance on my electric hair clippers (disassembled cutters by unscrewing the nuts, cleaned the serrated cutting blades, oiled them, and reassembling them), before giving myself a No2 on the sides and a No 4 on top haircut (with the clippers, obviously :rofl: ). Then did it again to clean and lubricate the clippers before putting it all away again in it's carry case for next time :D

Look after your tools, and they'll look after you ;):bounce:

19. victograph

victograph Loaded Pockets

Yep. Put part to use. Used the stainless sharpie to mark the holes to mount the paper plate holder in the RV then the screwdriver to mount same. Used my mending kit to fix the arm on a folding chair that had seam ripped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. maillet282

maillet282 Loaded Pockets

my Sgt's cell phone died and he was waiting for an important phone call. lent out my mini battery bank so he could at least get a couple more hours of use out of his phone. looks like that purchase paid off so far.