1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 3)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, May 16, 2015.

1. QuodErat

QuodErat EDC Junkie!!!

2. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Hit 45F yesterday and today... snuck in a short nap skiing and at the beach - yeah I'm a bum :D.

[​IMG]

3. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

touched up the edges on my leatherman with my worksharp sharpener i am one happy kid now.

A4VC, Brtsmpsn and vegassprky like this.
  4. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

A certain microwave Mac & cheese with cut up burger meal. Only 17 ounces, but incredibly delicious!! After heating the mac and cut up burger pieces, you cut the cheese packet and pour it on top, then swirl it in, and enjoy! Two things though, you provide your own spoon or spork; and you can't tear open the packet (despite the instructions saying you can).

Out comes my CRKT M16-13SF. Sharp as a razor. Made short work of that packet.

5. A4VC

A4VC Loaded Pockets

So far:

Used pen to write a letter to my kid
    PM2 to open a box
    Watch to see what time it was a few times
    Cellphone to set time on watch that came in the box opened with the PM2 and to see how it's running as well as to check email and look stuff up
    Wallet was used to get a card out that I needed
    ALOX SAK used to open a can

6. tomsk
    • In Omnia Paratus

tomsk Loaded Pockets

Used my maratac AA flash light walking through the woods to the shops as my daughter was scared of potential monsters in the dark lol

thePlumbah, Water-Rat and vegassprky like this.
  7. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Used my Nitecore MT2A and Fenix E05 to see groceries in the back of my Dad's truck.
    Used the E05 to see in the bottom of a closet.
    Used my Zancudo to cut through packaging of various cans/boxes of food items
    Used the scissors on my Style PS to cut off an annoying sticky bag closer thingy on a bag of bread rolls.

thePlumbah and vegassprky like this.
  8. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

Believe it or not they let me use my pocket knife in the labor and delivery room tonight!

No ben Rubenstein they didn't let me cut the cord with it. They were having trouble getting an IV in my wife and when they stuck her the first time it resulted in a bit of a "leak". They decided to replace her admission bracelet and the nurse was dumbfounded trying to remove the old one. In striped the Kizer Gemini! I was secretly really excited.

9. LRex
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

LRex Loaded Pockets

A day or two ago, I dropped a micro SD card under my desk. Those things are tiny, and on dark carpet, :censored: near impossible to find. Luckily I had my Olight i3s eos to light my way to the dark corner where it ended up. If I couldn't find it, I probably would have given up for the day haha

QuodErat and Water-Rat like this.
  10. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

At the church I go to, there's a small lobby area with the main doors that is between the sanctuary and the rest of the building. There's a pair of chairs and a small table there and folks like to sit there after church to talk. As part of the decorations in the church there was a glass bowl with some rocks in it sitting on the table. Some of the younger children were hanging out there waiting for their parents to get done talking and drinking coffee and one of them bumped the table, which was a little wobbly to begin with. Next thing anybody knew, there was a pile of rocks and shattered glass all over the floor. I used my handkerchief as a place to put the glass temporarily while cleaning it up, and then gathered the four corners of the hank together and dumped the glass out into the trash. I love carrying a handkerchief because it's such a simple thing, fairly inexpensive, and yet has so many uses.

10i, Devon Scout and Knightrock like this.
  11. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Used my Vic spirit to pull some half inch PEX from deep inside the 4" PVC tube I store it in. Ate an MRE for an early supper while I sit at the dealership having truck maintenance done on the work truck. Also, am typing on my new iPadPRO :D

vegassprky, Water-Rat and CSM-101 like this.
  12. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

I usually get my lunchtime sandwiches from the same counter at work and generally have a quick chat with the bloke who works there. Yesterday he was complaining that his new fleece had shed pale fibres all over his black work shirt leaving him looking like he'd been rolling around in a dog basket!

I unrolled a short length of duct tape from my pocket card wrap, looped it back on itself and left him (very surprised and grateful!) with a makeshift lint remover.

Water-Rat likes this.
  13. geoffchan

geoffchan Loaded Pockets

Used my Delica to open this
    [​IMG]

14. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

[​IMG]

Water-Rat and vegassprky like this.
  15. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101. I used my silicone tube squeeze tool, I got from that AT&T guy :). That stuff is so thick it almost didn't work. Almost :D
    [​IMG]

Treya, Muro, Water-Rat and 3 others like this.
  16. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Used my PocketWrench2 to make this emblem round again...(it got flattened)

[​IMG]

Used my Vic to pull the plastic threads out of the wall when someone's plastic shower arm broke.

[​IMG]

17. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

zippo hand warmer and mechanix insulated gloves bailed me out of a cold day today. my golf cart died on me twice probably because the weather is colder than 50 degrees had to park with my partner here and there getting juice till i got back to my shop. also used my embassy pen to fill out work orders and knock on doors of tenants

18. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I had to replace some Smart Dimmers Today on a job and it was not a planned call.
    Only had my Skinth but only really needed my Alox Cadet anyway.

Water-Rat likes this.
  19. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I think MRE peanut butter could be used as silicone replacement in a pinch... :giggle:

20. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Buhahahaha!

CSM-101, vegassprky and Dorian like this.