1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 2)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Olight i3S constant duty for three days with the power out, along with all my other lights.... Gotta love LED technology! ;)

2. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

My Maratac AAA came in handy for replacing a burnt out light bulb in the attic today. I used my widgy bar and utility knife as well today while storing my kayaks for the winter. I had my mp3 player on an armband so I could listen to the Eagles game while I did my various household jobs.

3. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I guess it isn't exactly Every Day Carry, but I went hiking with family yesterday and used matches to light a campfire, my little Fiskars X5 hatchet to cut deadwood for said fire, and my Buck 110 to make a couple of skewers for hot dogs and a sort of fork to get grilled cheese sandwiches out of the embers. I also lent out a little Helle Polar fixed blade to a nine year old boy. Then, I got him a bandaid from the first aid kit...

Later, I used my Lumapower EDC LM31 to take out the plastic garbage.

4. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I used my Leatherman Wave pliers to cut some bale wire at work to secure a tarp to the fence surrounding our outdoor plant fixtures and racks, the I used the knife on my Wave to cut slits to let the wind blow through. The tarp has been replaced several times by other workers and come down due to high winds. The part I secured last week has stayed up but the part they did came down so I got the job to put it back up hopefully permanently now.

5. RoadWizard

RoadWizard Loaded Pockets

Used Kershaw Cryo to open some boxes. Haven't been edcing an extendable pocket magnet, but used 1 from toolbox to retrieve washers from bottom of deep box. Been using that magnet a lot lately, probably add to my edc.

6. neginfluence04

neginfluence04 Loaded Pockets

When they are that little and fall they sure do make it count.

7. Kinzei
    • In Omnia Paratus

Kinzei EDC Junkie

8. micahtbyrd

micahtbyrd Loaded Pockets

Used my edc knife to open supplies at work as I'm do most days... Also used my streamlight microstream to inspect the fitment of a new precast mold...
    [​IMG]

9. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Today was a busy day for my Leatherman. First used it to change a door knob for a coworker. She is just back from maternity leave and needed a lock on her door for some new mom personal reasons.

Later same Leatherman to cut down some chicken wire to do a temporary fix on my back fence. My dog chased a rabbit into the neighbors yard so I locked him in and the rabbit out. Needed my AAA Inova light for an assist on this one.

10. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I cut my hair last night. I buzz it very short, and today, I discovered that a couple of hairs had escaped my hair trimmer. Out comes the trusty old Pioneer. It really gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling that I've gotten that little blade sharp enough to literally shave with...again!

I also used my fenix E01 to find my glasses in a darkened room.

11. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Buddy of mine almost lost his S2 Leatherman, so he quite carrying it... :nah_disagree: (understandable, its his second, his first had been a gift and was stolen by TSA/baggage handlers, this one was a gift I gave him to replace it....) So anyway, Yesterday we were out and around town doing several things and he needed wire cutters, 2 sizes screw driver, and pliers a few times, so my Wingman got some use. Also my PE Cryo, since I was faster on the draw with it than he was with his SuperKnife/razor knife ;) He had also accidentally left his EDC light at work, so my Rofis got used by both of us several times.

keith1234, sungame, bzimmerly and 5 others like this.
  12. BIRDS!

BIRDS! Loaded Pockets

My Victorinox Super Tinker came to the rescue during my chemistry lab when a couple of girls had trouble fitting in their filter papers inside of their funnels and were asking if anyone had scissors. Also my Gerber Dime's pliers and wire cutters assisted me and a pair of dedicated pliers at the botanical research center while I was cutting hardware cloth to make cages for a project. Helped get the job done but also got pinched by it a few times.

13. Mike R

Mike R Loaded Pockets

Someone nice brought bagels to work. No communal knife handy, so I had to use my Schrade 897 Uncle Henry.

14. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

The wall mounted pencil sharpener in the classroom I work in was getting a bit wobbly, so I used my CC pocket widgy to tighten up the screws. Nothing like sharpening a pencil when the sharpener is bouncing up and down in your hands.

Brtsmpsn, vegassprky and SAKplumber like this.
  15. bull_paqqy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

bull_paqqy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Enzo folder used to cut xmas wrapping paper. Flashlight to look for varmints under the house.

Brtsmpsn, vegassprky and sungame like this.
  16. Kinzei
    • In Omnia Paratus

Kinzei EDC Junkie

Yesterday I used my Streamlight Protac 2 AAA to check the fuel level in our emergency response truck at work while filling up the gas tank. It is an old box truck with an external gas tank.

Brtsmpsn and vegassprky like this.
  17. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Used my EDCF Spyderco Native5 to cut the serial number off of a water heater box. I have developed a habit of doing this because I am also in the habit of forgetting to write it down after I install the heater. Kentucky Code requires a permit to be filed for each install. If I forget it before I leave the job then someone, sometimes me, has to call the new owners and bother them to find the small print on the heater tank. "Oh bother" diverted:D

[​IMG]

Water-Rat, scbubba, Kinzei and 2 others like this.
  18. UsubM

UsubM Loaded Pockets

I love the satin Nitrous Stryker! I wish I'd gotten one of those, but couldn't find one so I just got a second black one

vegassprky likes this.
  19. micahtbyrd

Used my leatherman supertool 300 to cut wire for precast concrete lifting handles, like most days...
    [​IMG]

20. micahtbyrd

Its a killer blade...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.