1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 2)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walkthedog

walkthedog Loaded Pockets

Surge to open the box on my new fence wire strainers and put them together. Microstream to peer into back of my storage container looking for a spare roll of ht wire.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

875fps, Brtsmpsn and vegassprky like this.
  2. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

Crisis! Scout needs new batteries!

[​IMG]

MUT to the rescue...

[​IMG]

But wait, too big and powerful for a child's toy :(

[​IMG]

Bad MUT

[​IMG]

What to do? Little brother PS4 makes an appearance...

[​IMG]

A happy team :)

[​IMG]

3. svfd17

svfd17 Loaded Pockets

I used my Buck Spitfire to cut some thick weeds while cleaning up outside today.

Sent from a rotary phone

875fps, vegassprky and Brtsmpsn like this.
  4. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

MinistryOfTruth Uber Prepared

Used my BM 943 to cut sketching paper from the roll, trim tape, sharpen pencils, cut old nasty blocks of dried oil enamel and whittled a bit while watching paint dry. Then it bit into some PET bottles to make a funnel and a receptacle for oiling up some stuff.

Watch to tell time.
    Used my little bit-screwdriver kit to partially take apart this bike i was painting.
    Prytool to open tins of paint after almost falling for the temptation to knife-pry.

D25C clicky (love it!) acted as light source to photo the work without using my camera phone flash (horrible horrible contraption) and later to spot and collect that blasted EDCat who just had to test my patience in the darkest bushes in the garden.

scbubba, 875fps, Water-Rat and 2 others like this.
  5. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

I used my Streamlight Stylus Pro (I don't like/need fancy modes, just tail clicky/on/off) to find a pair of glasses underneath the bleachers at the basketball games I work seasonally. Done this very often as of late.

I also used my lil single barrel Nitecore whistle, that rides on my keys. The volunteers didn't start the clock, and I blew it loud to get their attention. The whole gym stopped. I was impressed.

6. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Couple of days ago, forgot to post about it, my Victorinox Compact got a workout.

Used the combo can/bottle-opener/wire-stripper/screwdriver tool to pop open a button compass that wasn't moving. Found out two things, one; whatever the liquid inside is.... it's not water. (Glad I always carry a packet of Wet-Ones travel wipes with me.) Two, the crappy compass dial balances on a very sharp pin. (No blood though.) The compass was a cheap piece of junk that happened to be one of two odd items included in the commercial First-Aid kit I bought to keep in my car's trunk a couple of years back. The other is a flat plastic whistle that I took out as well, and now EDC.

Used the scissors on my SAK to cut off a label on the back of my new dress belt. Use them again to cut off the thick plastic the over the belt buckle. (That cutting chore wasn't appropriate for the scissors. Too thick. But got the job done.)

I use my scissors so rarely that I'll be buying and switching over to either a Vic Bantam, or I'll just start EDCing my Vic Waiter (Bantam model with the addition of a corkscrew on the back. Does allow you to attach a Victorinox eye-glass screwdriver onto the corkscrew for an added feature. Though doesn't come with an eye-glass screwdriver if you buy the Waiter model.) The nice thing about the Waiter and Bantam models is that both come with the rather rare combo tool mentioned above that also comes on the Compact model.

scbubba likes this.
  7. Leverdoug

Leverdoug Loaded Pockets

Not just today but every day. Used my Buck Vantage to cut strings on hay bales feedin the horses. Used the tip of the pliers on my Gerber MT to motivate about 30 head of cattle (one at a time) to kindly step into my hydrolic tilt table hoof trimming chute. If you rub the side of their tailhead against the way the hair lies it makes em go. Used the tip of the knife blade on MT to clean out screw heads on my titanium trimming wheel to change the carbide inserts. This wheel is attached to a 4 1/2" angle grinder. Used my headlight to check for the reason for lameness on a few feet. Used my Genesis Flare penlight feeding the horses tonite after dark. Oh and I cleaned my fingernails with my Leatherman styleCS.

I know some of this makes no sense to you, so google "cattle hoof trimming" or "Riley Bilt good trimming trucks" to see the truck I run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. 875fps

875fps Loaded Pockets

Shipping some goodies to a buddy. Used the scissors to cut out the shipping label and the knife blade to cut out some cardboard so the package wouldn't get bent in transit.

[​IMG]

shmook, scbubba, SurvivePenna and 4 others like this.
  9. 875fps

875fps Loaded Pockets

Double post

10. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Used my Wenger today to take apart a couple of computers to clean one and remove the hard drive from the other. We seriously need an on site IT guy.

Using my Atwood tonight to relieve cold frosty beverages from their containment.

shmook, Unagi42, scbubba and 3 others like this.
  11. marcclarke

marcclarke Loaded Pockets

Used the scissors on my SAK Classic to cut some cheesecloth.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk Pro

vegassprky, Brtsmpsn and northwest like this.
  12. SAKoutdoors101312

SAKoutdoors101312 Loaded Pockets

Used some 550 cord from the 6 foot hank I carry to tie a ramp to the back of the MIL's jeep so she could get her puppies in. One is particularly old for a dog that's why we did not just put it on the tailgate/bumper. It say okay on the hitch, but needed a "safety" per say. Then I used the Vic Pioneer to cut it.

Water-Rat, vegassprky and Brtsmpsn like this.
  13. JerryD

JerryD Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

My BK11 and I decided to see how green our thumbs were.... only time will tell.

scbubba, vegassprky and Brtsmpsn like this.
  14. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Had to mulch the strawberries and add some landscape cloth...Tasman today..

[​IMG]

15. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Started packing for the big move today, Leather Wave saw some action taking a few things apart, and my Zancudo was used cutting cardboard tape, paper, wrap, twine, etc.

vegassprky and scbubba like this.
  16. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

Earlier I used my EDCF Spyderco Native 5 to cut my cigar.

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  17. gpgriz

gpgriz Loaded Pockets

Just received and started wearing a Buck Vantage Pro this week.
    Today I was replacing our cracked laundry tub.
    I used the Vantage to punch out the tap holes of the new tub; cut a slot for my saw blade to get in on the old tub; and cut the strap off the new faucet box.
    VERY handy! and i really like the flipper on it.

scbubba, Brtsmpsn, Water-Rat and 2 others like this.
  18. RC2814

RC2814 Loaded Pockets

Happened on Friday, but a classmate of mine needed tape to hang up a poster. She asked the girl behind me and I overheard so I told her I had it covered. Undid a piece of duct tape from the small roll on my keychain and used the scissors on my Vic Classic to make a clean cut. Thankfully she was grateful and did not freak out about someone being prepared.

19. lethgar

lethgar Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Super Tinker stepping in. Sweatin copper on a Sunday.

--sent from the phone of an angry scotsman.

scbubba and Brtsmpsn like this.
  20. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Spent most of the day packing again Alox cadet on cutting duty and TT Cyclops saw duty as a screwdriver and soon beverage opener.

scbubba and Unagi42 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.