1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 2)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrath0r
    • In Omnia Paratus

wrath0r EDC Junkie!!!

My EDCF Stockman sliced through a fresh bag of kitty litter like warm butter. Rejoice, for the cats have a clean place to poop!

2. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Used my backup light, my Browning headlamp while cleaning the new snow off of both trucks, then as an auxiliary reverse light(loose backup light switch in the truck... gotta fix that someday...) while plowing the driveway last night.

Used Bit kit and ratchet to take a Cryo apart, got some mod ideas started again. :cool:

RAT-2 for various cuts in the shop, freed some wood chunks from some duct tape, and something else I can't remember... :unsure:

3. Lou_G

Lou_G Banned

Used my Leatherman OHT to take out a broken hinge on my printer, while lighting it up with my Olight M10 Maverick.

4. Tx_Mark

Tx_Mark Loaded Pockets

5. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I used my Widgey Bar to remove a plastic clip from the side edge of a shelf. The shelf needed to butt up against another in an aisle at work and since the clip was held on by double sided tape Widgey Bar to the rescue.

vegassprky, SurvivePenna and Brtsmpsn like this.
  6. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Used my new Zancudo to open the Amazon box with Game of Thrones Season 3 in it....

Brtsmpsn and SurvivePenna like this.
  7. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Yesterday I was stuck at a Government building for over 4 hours to take care of some B.S.

Not the greatest neighborhood, so took my cheap beater quartz No-Name model with me. Used the watch to time approximately how long I'd be waiting around. Checked the time when I came in. Waited an hour. Then added up the number of tickets that were called during that hour. Just over 60 individuals ahead of me. (And yes, I did show up early.) Well, turns out my timing is spot on. Almost timed when I'd be called.... right down to the minute.

Spent about 10 minutes with the government employee. Spent an hour in another room filling out a new application. (I like knowing how long something is going to take. Even if that something is waiting around to take care of some sheer B.S.)

875fps, keith1234, scbubba and 3 others like this.
  8. Lee Bradbury

Lee Bradbury Loaded Pockets

Used the bottle opener on my SAK to pop the lid on a bottle of Fenny Popper; a decent ale from a local micro-brewery.
    Am now going to use my Mk1 non-combustion transportation devices to get upstairs and climb into the Mk4 snooze wagon and then up again at 6am.

875fps, vegassprky and Brtsmpsn like this.
  9. B.Haven

B.Haven Loaded Pockets

Used my Leatherman to open a bottle of fingernail polish for the wife... Shortly after I had a beer in hand, Rediculousness on the TV, and a happy wife.

10. Unagi42
    • In Omnia Paratus

Unagi42 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Irrigation repairs this morning with my trusty 10 year old Charge Ti. This Rolls-Royce of multitools takes a beating most days on the job and just keeps going.
    [​IMG]

11. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Used my bit kit to take the top plate off of the gear box on my lathe, to add oil to it.(and amazed me that in the customized selection of bits I carry, one of the choices I made in allen/hex, that I never had a use for before, but had looked like a common mid range size, was actually the one I needed! :eek: Talk about good planning! ;) )

Used RAT-2 to cut, and trim a leather strap for making a retention strap for my Bersa .380 holster than I made a few months ago.

Olight i3S for seeing into the lathe gear box, and to see to take out and put back the cover screws(light over the lathe is burnt out, and I was shadowing it from the other light)Also used it at the drill press when making rivet holes in the leather(another burnt out bulb... ya, I know I need to get new bulbs...) Also used it to light a cupboard, and inside some boxes coming from it, while sorting more stuff to be removed from the shop...

Needed my Wingman pliers two or three times, but I had apparently forgotten it when I loaded my pockets... Good thing I keep pliers(that just happen to be Wave jaws in empty Rebar handles) in the shop... Found out later I hadn't forgotten it, I had lost/dropped it somewhere. i3S got used again to find it! ;)

12. Stalker

Stalker Loaded Pockets

I was out with my fifth scale petrol RC car today. The gearbox broke so instead of driving the car back to where I'd parked (which was half a mile away), it looked like I'd have to carry all 16kg of it instead.

Then I noticed I had my paracord bracelet on. 1 min of unravelling later and I had a make shift 'dog lead' which I attached to the front of the RC car and dragged it to my car instead.

I was quite pleased with myself, as the missus said the paracord bracelet would 'never come in handy'. :D

Water-Rat, 875fps, Unagi42 and 3 others like this.
  13. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I noticed my wife's bed liner in her Tacoma PreRunner is cut for 2x4. so I got a 2x6 and cut it for organization for the bags of rock that help in the winter months. EDC? BM Grip to sharpen my pencil.

SAKplumber, 875fps, scbubba and 2 others like this.
  14. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

Friend cut his finger a bit on a prop during our IDPA match and I put a bandaid on it, that I keep in my Maxpedition Lunada, tha I use as a range bag.

15. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Used my new Griptilian to cut the plastic off the popcorn bag, before I "waved" it. I know, it was overkill, but hey, I did it, because I could, baby!

[​IMG]

16. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Used the Phillips head driver on my SAK Midnight Manager to take off the old Wahl blades on my clipper and install new blades.

[​IMG]

17. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Just doing busy work.

[​IMG]
    Got bored of busy work. Some other posties must be Star Wars nerds. These "return to" placards are a joke. They don't mean anything if you need a container to stuff your mail into for dispatch. :p

Unagi42, 875fps, scbubba and 5 others like this.
  18. JP

JP Loaded Pockets

I used my exotac nanostriker today. The striker was hard to gain purchase of with cold hands. I used the backside of the LM Micra scissors though with success. Two strikes was all it needed.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

875fps, scbubba, Brtsmpsn and 2 others like this.
  19. RBid

RBid Loaded Pockets

I used my Spyderco Persistence to break down freight today. I used the scissors on my LM Juice S2 to trim a poster to fit into a standing frame. I used my Fisher Space Pen Trekker to write notes during phone calls. I used my Ativa portable charger to keep my iPhone alive after using the phone constantly all day.

My EDC gets worked. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Tenacious processed a whole bunch of cardboard (Girl Scout cookie cases), Bullet Space Pen signing off on order pickups, and the S20 flashlight to look for the dog's collar in the backyard because the kids couldn't remember where they left it. I'm still not sure why it was even off.....

keith1234, CNeal, Unagi42 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.