1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 2)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent Berry

Agent Berry Loaded Pockets

Used the diamond file on my wave to modify a blunt yarn needle into a sharp suede sewing needle.

2. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Used my Kershaw Cryo to open the package for my new Spyderco Tenacious then used the Spyderco to open the package for a Mantis Friction Folder my wife ordered for me.

3. Stalker

Stalker Loaded Pockets

Woke up at 06:00 to a power cut and the house in total darkness. Pulled out the Zebralight from my works trousers and made my way downstairs with my young son.

The zebralight on full power (900 lm) was too bright so had to knock it down to 600. Stood on its end, it lit the whole of the lounge up. Kind of made the candles my wife was lighting redundant. :D

My son just thought it was an adventure, doing everything by torchlight until the power came back on a couple of hours later.

wrath0r, scbubba, vegassprky and 3 others like this.
  4. B.Haven

B.Haven Loaded Pockets

Used my flashlight to find some things in a storage unit... Then my Leatherman to open a "beverage".

vegassprky, Brtsmpsn and keith1234 like this.
  5. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I was off from work due to "snow". More like snow, then mush, then rain. Anyway, I took the opportunity to clean the bathroom, then realized I couldn't see to clean the toilet because when I leaned over to look closer, I was blocking out the light. Out came the Maratac AAA and my bandana. They made a nice headlamp to shed a little light on the situation.

6. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Used my Wingman to take apart and diagnose my rotary tool(dremel knock off) that stopped working. Bit driver for the housing screws, flat driver on the file to pry the housing apart, and to take out the brush retainer caps to check them(were fine) It had just been running, turned off then failed to come on again, but the motor never even tried to move, or hum etc, so I was figuring it wasn't getting power somewhere. No burns, shorts etc. Took the switch out, used the Wingman wire cutters to cut a chunk of scrap wire from a cord, RAT-2 to cut the insulation, and strip the ends, WIngman to twist the wire ends tight. Bypassed the switch with it. plugged it in and it runs fine. Reassembled with Wingman. Will pick up a new switch in town tomorrow. Used my i3S to see into my mail box in the dark, and some various other cubby holes when doing stuff.

G.

7. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

@AKAdventure If you can't find a new switch just put a inline light cord switch.

keith1234, wrath0r, scbubba and 3 others like this.
  8. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Oooh! good idea! I actually think I have one of those laying around here... somewhere... :unsure: if I can find it, it makes it a free fix! I was thinking that if I couldn't find a switch I'd just hard wire it and then just plug it in/un plug it all the time, but that woulda been a Pain after a while... Thanks Sparky! :cool:

9. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Used my Sunwayman M11r Ti to find the hole where the water line went up through the floor.
    Had to keep it from falling in the hole but I needed the light under the cabinet:) Looped my lanyard chain around my PEX tool.

[​IMG]

10. B.Haven

B.Haven Loaded Pockets

Used the flipper edge on my CKRT M16 to open a beer bottle last night.

--
    B.Haven

vegassprky, keith1234 and Brtsmpsn like this.
  11. Jramirez9083

Jramirez9083 Loaded Pockets

Needed a set of allen wrenches to take apart an old shelf but couldnt find them. Used the leatherman bits and piranha as a substitute. Not ideal, but it got the job done.

12. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Had a small todo list from SWMBO today. So I needed my Leatherman wave to pull a bunch of stables out of a board. Then the tenacious to mark some spots for cuts. Opened a couple of packages and cut some Velcro strips with the tenacious as well.

13. FlyersFanJV

FlyersFanJV Loaded Pockets

Use 50' of Paracord to tie down my son's new twin mattress to the top of my car, and my knife to open up the plastic when we got home.

keith1234 and Brtsmpsn like this.
  14. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Three day weekend. Only EDC I put to work have been the bottle openers. :D

15. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yesterday my Wife was looking through a cabinet for some hot sauce bottles to make a gift package for my Dad and I shed some light on it for her...twice:D I handed her the backup copper maratac and I used the SWM m11r ti. Between us we found every bottle of Marie Sharp's in the house :)

keith1234, 875fps, scbubba and 3 others like this.
  16. Combat-Trout

Combat-Trout Empty Pockets

used my 4sevens quark to align my lathe and the mourning bolts...

keith1234, 875fps and Brtsmpsn like this.
  17. Unagi42
    • In Omnia Paratus

Unagi42 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Used my leatherman charge ti to pull the spikes outta a lamb spit-roast at the outlaws.

keith1234, 875fps and Brtsmpsn like this.
  18. wrath0r
    • In Omnia Paratus

wrath0r EDC Junkie!!!

I just used Frankentool to reinstall the lock on my mailbox. It fell out when I was checking my mail today because my landlord does not know which side of a hammer to hit something with and screwed it up while making my key work.

19. BIRDS!

BIRDS! Loaded Pockets

Put my EDC to work on Valentine's day while making deliveries. Benchmade Mini grip was used to cut boxes and foam, Petzl headlamp and Energizer flashlight was needed when it got dark to see tickets, paracord was used to secure some arrangements, Casio PRG-550 kept track of timing, and Sony Xperia TL to make numerous calls. I did manage to lose my Mini grip somewhere along the way though.

20. Monkt

Monkt Loaded Pockets

Power went out at work and I had an excuse to whip out my D25C Ti.

I always find an excuse to pull out my Frankenslice - between a bit of prying, a bit of fiddling, assembling kids toys, and opening boxes... I love every moment.

875fps, keith1234, vegassprky and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.