1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 2)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtngoat

mtngoat Loaded Pockets

Used awl on SAK Farmer to make a hole in the port-a-jon wall to add the make shift coat hook I used my Rebar to make. Works well

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

2. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Nice thinking! Used a tool to make a tool.

3. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I used my Fenix PD22 to check under my truck today.

AK Adventurer and Brtsmpsn like this.
  4. bzimmerly

bzimmerly Loaded Pockets

Ever since I purchased an Otterbox to protect my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, I've wanted to remove the belt clip. I never use it and it always gets in the way. I'm not mechanically inclined, so I just couldn't "see" how to do it. This problem had me puzzled for several months.

Well, today I Googled "removing belt clip from otterbox" and found this link. --> forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2145732

The last message on the page showed how to do it, complete with three pictures to show what to look for.

A simple squeeze from my Leatherman Surge pliers 30 seconds later, and it was off! :D Now, the SGN2 fits perfectly in whatever bag I want to carry it in (or pocket for that matter). Thanks again Google, xda-developers, and Leatherman!

Fukurai, Brtsmpsn and sungame like this.
  5. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

Yesterday, I used my original Leatherman Wave to cut and bend a coat hanger into a hat holder (already used said tool to make it into a jacket holder) in my locker at work.

6. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I used the blade on my pioneer to open a couple of food packages and sharpen a pencil. I also used my Lumapower LM31 to find out how the bathroom tap was attached to the sink. I will have to replace it soon.

vegassprky, scbubba, Brtsmpsn and 2 others like this.
  7. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Used the cryo to open some some boxes and a TEC pen for several writing tasks.

iPhone was used constantly all day.

8. LRex
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

LRex Loaded Pockets

I almost always use my Mudman to keep track of time. I know, it's cliche, I use a watch to keep track of time, but as a college student, it helps me know when class will almost start and I have to get walking, or it tells me how much more time I must sit there boring myself :p

9. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

I had two interesting EDC experiences today.

I started with a positive one - I help out on weekends at my mother's private school, running basketball & volleyball games for kids. I've done it for years... Well, the scoreboard control panel was leaking battery acid all over the bench. It wouldn't make a connection with the main Scoreboard on the wall, a crucial device in a sporting event. I took my Shard off the carabiner, and popped the back off the device. I used my bandana to clean up the mess, and scraped/wiped out the battery compartment with the shard and a safety pin on my keys. After a thorough scraping, I managed to get the device to connect to the main scoreboard. We had only 4 games today, but that is like...80 disappointed kids and probably 200 pissed off parents/gparents/employees.. The games would have been rescheduled, disrupting everyone's schedule.

I felt like an unsung hero but using my EDC to fix a problem (and save everyone a tremendous hassle, including my ma...) made it all worth it. Needless to say I threw away the bandana. Cheap enough to replace.

The second experience wasn't as fun, but I'm glad I had what had... I was doing my real job after the games (mowing), and I hadn't felt well all day. I have a history of brain splitting migraines. One came on real hard, I managed to get my work done (after getting physically sick in a few yards, rofl....). I took my migraine pills that I carry in the truck, and headed home. About half way, I knew I'd be sick again. I used my big, straw hat, and an old shirt with oil stains as a bucket. I know, totally gnarly. But, it was way better than making such a mess in my lap or on my interior. I was on a busy road, couldn't really stop nor get off onto the shoulder, and had little choice.

Also, needless to say, these items were tossed.

Fukurai, wrath0r, Water-Rat and 5 others like this.
  10. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

Today I used my Veleno Designs Quantum D2 to light an area we were workin in (the other co worker with me commented on how bright it was), and I happened to have my Mini Maglite LED Pro on me (yes, I said Maglite. The LED Pros are actually decent lights. I plan to get a good light when I get some $).
    Also used my Benchmade 940 to cut open a package.

scbubba and Brtsmpsn like this.
  11. 875fps

875fps Loaded Pockets

My son's skate axle came out of its socket and he asked me to fix it.

Instead of sending him to the garage to grab my toolbox, I pulled my Piranha from my back pocket and gave it to him so he could fix his skate himself.

[​IMG]

SAKplumber, Stalker, Fukurai and 8 others like this.
  12. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

MinistryOfTruth Uber Prepared

Few days ago (sorry for lateness) I used my bic and spydie ambitious to repair my kung fu students weapons tassel/lanyard.
    Our grandmaster makes them with paracord so they're easy to fix. Also opened a box of staffs for the new students, no one was alarmed by the knife, being very discrete and casual about it, they hardly noticed the blade being used.

13. CNeal

CNeal Loaded Pockets

Yesterday I shucked a wiper blade on the way to the shop in a very sudden very heavy snow shower. Pulled into a auto parts store bought new wipers went outside to discover I had left my cold weather gear bag in the laundry room at home( washing ice melt out of carhartts) so no gloves at -1 in blowing snow....zip open the mighty colossus pull out my ironclads and boom job done....all hail the bag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRH, Stalker, bzimmerly and 6 others like this.
  14. Highbinder

Highbinder Loaded Pockets

Out to dinner with friends, a lady from the previous group at that table came back as she had lost a (black) glove. Dim restraunt, friends fumbling with lights on their phones. Boom out comes the zebralight and... no glove. Oh well atleast there was no doubt about it :p

15. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I came home from work and had to go snowblow the driveway before doing so I used my Fenix LD10 to check the gas level in the blower.

LLAP

16. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Boker nano to cut a styrofoam tray in two to make an extra "plate" for my son's chicken nuggets. Pico pen so the ladies in line ahead of us could sign their credit card slip. Fenix E15 to help find a dropped earring in the car for my daughter. File on the SAK Rambler to smooth out a torn part of my fingernail.

Just another day of EDC.

17. B.Haven

B.Haven Loaded Pockets

Used my Leatherman to work on a spin bike this morning after class...

#EDCVictory

--
    B.Haven

18. 875fps

875fps Loaded Pockets

Had to loosen the screws on a DVI cable earlier. An easy job due to Zorro's very generous multitool gift.

[​IMG]

19. GQkudzu

GQkudzu Loaded Pockets

I recently helped my sons put together Altoids edcs for their school backpacks. Yesterday, my 9-year-old reported that he had gotten a bad stomach ache during class and had taken the Pepcid AC (with the teacher's nod of approval) I had packed in his kit. The most rewarding part for me was when he took it upon himself to re-stock with a new pill.

KnoxButler, Stalker, CNeal and 8 others like this.
  20. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I had a close encounter with a couple of deer tonight. I say close encounter because one ran into the side of my car! I found a safe spot to pull over and used my edc lights to illuminate the side of a dark, busy road and to check on the deer and my car. Luckily it appears that there was no damage to the deer (they disappeared) or my car. I was really glad that I had both my Maratac AAA that I edc and my Mini-maglite that I carry at night. Having two let me use one light to search the area and the other aimed at my body to make sure oncoming traffic saw me. I'm so glad my car appears unscathed right now as it's only four months old. I'll have to take a better look in the morning, it's kind of hard to see with all the salt residue on the side of my car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.