1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 2)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Used my pocket widgy to unjam a locker. Silly kids are always getting their coats and backpack straps caught. It's nice to be able to stick a piece of steel in the door instead of my fingers.

I keep my work ID clipped to my shirt. The ID sits in a plastic cover with a plastic doo-hickey riveted to a metal clip. Well the rivet-like thingy wore down and the clip kept popping off. So, I used the paracord fob on my keychain to reconnect my ID to the shirt clip with a King Cobra weave. Paracord for the win!:D

2. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Nirk Novo for processing boxes and cardboard again, and cutting some aluminum flex air ducts out, and into manageable pieces to throw away.

Skeletool to pull a few nails from scrap lumber again... about twisted the jaws off with one, had them parted about 1/8" side to side :oops: twisting the head... still good and solid tho, gotta love good tool build, a springy head instead of brittle!

3. Daz

Daz Loaded Pockets

Put together a flatpack table for Grandma and suffered my most serious EDC-related injury to date! Sliced it open on the head of one of the screwdrivers on my Juice XE6 trying to get it out of the housing. Tiny cut but was definitely a bleeder!

[​IMG]

The offending article

[​IMG]

4. CNeal

CNeal Loaded Pockets

Wasn't today but last week during the melting of our last snow I had to drive our POS shop truck across town thru all the slush to a supply house and of course the washer pump doesn't work and no where near a gas station....hydro flask 24 oz to the rescue! Poured my nice cold water on the windshield and about my travels I went! Around my house and shop when ever the moment is saved by something from my edc someone always yells " all hail the bag ".....

warchild, scbubba, SAKplumber and 2 others like this.
  5. CootShooter

CootShooter Loaded Pockets

Received a VIctorinox Compact yesterday as I wanted a smaller EDC SAK so today I used the "combo tool" can opener on a can of olives... gotta admit that getting rid of the two old style opener tools by providing the one 'combo' tool makes a lot of sense - especially since it removes a whole layer on the SAK. I'll miss the awl, but not that much since the decrease in size of the SAK as a whole is pretty significant.

6. Stewsquared

Stewsquared Loaded Pockets

Used my Wingman today to tighten a screw in my buddy's skate. We managed to find the two tiny screws that fell out on the ice and I fixed him up after that. Canadian disaster averted! Score one for the prepared individual...

warchild, scbubba, Water-Rat and 5 others like this.
  7. BIRDS!

BIRDS! Loaded Pockets

Pliers on my Gerber Dime were used to fix a metal link on my mom's purse strap. Energizer flashlight used to light up the closet and attic for the home inspector.

jessyhogg, warchild, scbubba and 3 others like this.
  8. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Vic Spirit, Topeak rathcet, and 5/16" nut driver from my Skinth EDC were rock stars today:)

warchild, scbubba, vegassprky and 2 others like this.
  9. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

I often say "theres something to be said for using the right tool for the job" so I thought I would add...Theres something to be said for using the adequate tool thats closer;)

[​IMG]

10. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

That or " when all else fails improvise".

warchild and Brtsmpsn like this.
  11. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thats what I'll say when the only 'sharp" around to open the toilet box is a claw hammer...and that does happen:D

warchild, scbubba, keith1234 and 2 others like this.
  12. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

How does a moderator of an EDC forum not have a knife handy. This just screams all kind or wrong to me. We must decide your punishment.

warchild, scbubba and keith1234 like this.
  13. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

When he is laying on one and can't get to it as easily as the hammer;) Its not that I don't have a knife...its that I have a hammer quick-lier;) I usually have 4 knives:D

warchild, keith1234 and Brtsmpsn like this.
  14. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Ok you get a pass this time. ;)

warchild and keith1234 like this.
  15. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

[​IMG]

16. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Misc hardware removal, screws, prying plates and latch cylenders etc with my Wave Mod.
    Also used the Surge scissors in my Wave to cut the sleeves off of a denim jacket, to make a vest out of it.

Cryo opened the mail... then we had a small power outage and I swapped to my Moonglow Cryo just in case... Later after the power was on it got use in the shop sharpening carpenters pencils.

Lit my pipe with my new Zippo that came today.

[​IMG]

(building a new workbench out of an old solid core door, thus hardware removal)

17. ebekkers79

ebekkers79 Loaded Pockets

Waiting for the rain to stop.

[​IMG]
    Use by Bkkrs, on Flickr

18. garethmk1

garethmk1 Loaded Pockets

That's a nice SAK .. What model is it ?

19. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

It was time for another "field expedient" repair on the toilet at work....

The handle has been sticking such that the flapper never closes and the water just keeps on running. So we put a note on it reminding folks to make sure it's not stuck after the flush. Well, I heard the water running as I walked by and stepped in there to flip the handle up. Well, lo and behold, the handle moved but nothing else did. So, off comes the lid. I remove the handle and check it out only to find that the metal collar that holds the arm that actually lifts the flapper up is broken. This lets the arm float free in the handle and means that it was just stuck there.

So, I used my keychain screwdrivers, my original LM Super Tool, and a paper clip to affect the repair. Here are some pics to show you...

The orange arrow shows the broken point on the collar. You can also see the paper clip repair almost completed.
    [​IMG]

Here is the repair with the arm seated back in the handle properly.
    [​IMG]

The fix deployed back into the tank.
    [​IMG]

The humble tools.
    [​IMG]

The old note (orange) and my new note (yellow)
    [​IMG]

So now it not only flushes again but it doesn't hang up either. Well, for as long as the paperclip holds anyway....

20. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nicely done:)

keith1234, warchild and Brtsmpsn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.