1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 2)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unagi42
    • In Omnia Paratus

Unagi42 EDC Junkie!!!!!

2. Grinch

Grinch Banned

My Huntsman SAK came in handy today , I got a splinter when woodworking in the shop . the tweezers worked very well removing the splinter from my finger . later on in the day I found a tick on me the tweezers managed to pull the little blood sucker off me .

Whovilles Telewriter

3. Razak

Razak Loaded Pockets

Used my flashlight to find small parts of my children toys under the sofa. Used the blade of my Victorinox Executive to open letters and my cookies at my job.

4. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

Used my Mac and my iPad to watch two additional basketball games along with the one on my tv all at the same time... Have I ever mentioned I'm a basketball junkie and this week is my favorite time of the year every year?! Also used my flashlight to go outside in the shed for something (when all the games were on commercial of course). Used my iPhone to keep up with social media during the few blowout games.

5. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

My carry got used quite a bit today, mainly because we had some yucky weather that started with snow, went to a mix, then finished off with a ton of rain. When I left work today, my Duluth Wooly Mammoth hat and Winterproof gloves kept me warm while I used the collapsible snowbroom I keep in my car to clear snow, ice, and slush off my car.

Tonight, I played my clarinet with a few folks from the community band I play in as part of a student presentation about the Holocaust and Tolerance at the school where I work. I use a removable rubber thumb rest on my clarinet and while I was waiting for our turn to go on and helping the band director tune some students' instruments, the thumb rest fell off. Out came my trusty Olight i3s which helped me to quickly find where it had fallen on the floor in the almost complete darkness of the backstage area. After our performance, I used the i3s in moonlight mode to see in the back of the auditorium to find a seat to watch the rest of the show. On the way home, I used my Nitecore MT2A to reveal myself to an oncoming car in the parking lot and to find my footing in the slushy mess that was on both the parking lot and on my driveway.

scbubba, keith1234, Unagi42 and 2 others like this.
  6. quietconundrum
    • In Omnia Paratus

quietconundrum EDC Junkie

Yesterday, I was gutting and replacing all the electrical (receptacles, switches, etc) in a foreclosure that had been vandalized, and another person who was hanging sheetrock in the garage was fighting a sheetrock screw that had missed the stud and was just spinning in the hole — he couldn't get it to back out. As I passed him on the way to the trash, I pulled out my LM Charge ALX (pictured in its new holster here) and said "here." It took him 2 seconds to extract and he responded "wow, you have everything" to which I replied "nope, but I try to be prepared for everything." It felt good to not only help, but possibly effect the mindset of said individual about how EDC pays off, especially during the little moments of frustration.

7. Razak

Razak Loaded Pockets

Used my Spyderco UKPK to trim a cork to replace it on the bottle. I was at a retaurant...

8. Gilatabar
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gilatabar Loaded Pockets

I always have in my wallet an alcohol "wipe" for your hands or a wound, and today it came in handy because I have to stick the new insurance card on my motorcycle, which is not very clean. I degreased the area and then was able to stick that card without any risk of it peeling off when I go fast (It's a red motorcycle, it goes fast, it's a fact.) :p

scbubba, Doraemon, Water-Rat and 4 others like this.
  9. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Settled science. Red is the fastest color.

Unagi42, Idox, scbubba and 6 others like this.
  10. Gilatabar
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gilatabar Loaded Pockets

Yup, there's no questioning that. *tops the speed of his BMW motorcycle* :cold:

11. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I was out doing some Spring cleaning in the backyard today. Removing leaves and other such items plus feeding the holly trees in the backyard. My Zancudo was used to cut apart an old bag of Holly Tone so I could reach the little bit left inside and then used again to open a new bag. I had the Zancudo clipped in my right rear pocket and it was easy to draw and deploy, even with my work gloves on.

12. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

My EDC put me to work today. Decided to take everything off my keychain that I don't use at least every other day. So off came five keys, a fire dept keychain, and a lanyard attachment. All that's left on my keychain is four keys (key for my truck, house, truck toolbox, and work locker) and my truck fob. I also left the small copper tag a member on here made me because it's thin to the point of being unnoticed. Considerably less bulky now, although I seriously wish they could make vehicle fobs smaller :)

13. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

That is one of the biggest complaints in the keychain threads is fobs.

Unagi42, Idox, scbubba and 2 others like this.
  14. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Loaded Pockets

I'm also on the spring cleaning front. Used my knife earlier this afternoon to get the weed-eater ready after finding it was last put away with all the string somehow tied in a huge knot, then I used my light to find some gardening tools in an iffy, often spider-occupied corner of the garage. Honestly have to say I feel foolish for only starting to EDC a knife & light around the house a few months ago, especially since I was in the middle of the yard by the time I checked the bottom of the weed-eater. My first instinct was to walk all the way back into the house for scissors, but then I realized my knife was sitting at the ready on my belt. It's always nice to begin yardwork on a high note. :D

Unagi42, Water-Rat, scbubba and 2 others like this.
  15. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

used my Surefire to ward off a urinator off the property, PUT YOUR BELT BACK ON! scared the pee pack inside him :uhhuh:

16. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

At least you didn't scare the :censored: out of him.

Idox, Gilatabar, keith1234 and 4 others like this.
  17. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I used my Leatherman Wave several times yesterday while modding my Brightstar lantern using the pliers to pull the wire leads through the Litebox head, the file to trim some plastic. I used the wire stripper function to strip new ends on the wires. Having the Wave saved me some time having to get my dedicated tools since I was working on the project in 2 locations the basement where I have a sort of shop area which is very small and then upstairs at the kitchen table.

18. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Didn't wanna dull my tip on the concrete.

[​IMG]

Idox, Bowman1911, survivorman and 7 others like this.
  19. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Today at work, I was waiting in line for the copier when it ran out of paper. Luckily for the person who was using it, I was there with my trusty CRKT KERT. The copy paper boxes we get at work are kept closed by a strap. So, unless you have a cutting tool, the only way to open one is to rip the cardboard lid in half. This was the first time I've used the strap cutter on this tool and it worked flawlessly. Later, I again used the KERT to cut tape to open a box of pencils.

I also unjammed a couple lockers today with my LM Style PS. The way the locker latches are knurled, they give you a lot of grip, but if the locker is stuck closed, it can scrape the skin on your fingers as you try to open it. Which is why I now carry a pair of metal fingers... uh I mean pliers.

20. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

Used my GEC Powderhorn jack to trim the skin around the split in my thumb cuticle (weather). And fondled my Nicknuk like a worry stone. Wrote a couple reminders in my pocket notebook. Played with my Quantum d2 to show off the tiny awesomeness to my coworkers.

Idox, Unagi42, Brtsmpsn and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.