1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 2)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rule9

rule9 Loaded Pockets

Used my pocket knife to trim a small piece of wood the lock hole in my front door while replacing the lock.

Brtsmpsn, keith1234 and scbubba like this.
  2. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Used my smartphone to look up a couple of hospital addresses for a resident at the dorms where I work. He wasn't feeling well. But didn't want to go by ambulance, and didn't want Res. Life notified. I told him I'd have to.... if he went by ambulance. He considered going by taxi, but was more concerned about how much the hospital would charge him, than about his health. Did my best to help him out. Got those addresses for him. But in the end, he decided to go back to his room instead. My hands were tied. His stomach ache just wasn't serious enough for me to call an R.A. since he decided not to go. (Some really stupid rules at the dorms where I work.)

Never thought I'd use my smartphone for anything more important than making basic calls, watching vids. on youtube, or posting on my favorite forums during my breaks.

Oh.... The reason why I couldn't look up those addresses on the work computer is because internet capability was intentionally disabled due to a co-worker who kept visiting non-secure sites and always causing the fricking thing to pick up one virus after another so it kept malfunctioning when we needed to check student I.D.s and other work-related info. (And they weren't even adult entertainment sites. How pathetic is that?)

Sad part is, he's one of the more mature co-workers I have. :rolleyes:

3. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

yesterday used my leatherman to do some housework, like putting up a toilet paper dispenser and a place to hang my keys but strong enough to hang coats and hats. also had to put my gloves on to loosen a stubborn bulb rusted into a socket i was afraid it would break in my hands, WD40 got it loose though.

4. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I used the pliers on my LM Wave to cut bale wire so I can secure the lawnmower displays to the shelving at work. Even though there is a large snap hook to hold the mowers in place I still use bale wire around the front wheels and wire grid shelves, makes them much more secure.

Water-Rat, scbubba, Unagi42 and 2 others like this.
  5. Towanda

Towanda Loaded Pockets

Dropped my cane down the basement stairs the other day and used my County Comm grappling hook and the paracord I carry to practice tying knots to retrieve it.

6. A4VC

A4VC Loaded Pockets

Spyderco PM to cut a hose. Pen and notepad to write things down. Phone for obvious reasons. Lighter to light a fire. Money to pay for stuff. Wallet to hold stuff I carry. ALOX Cadet to cut an apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water-Rat, scbubba, Brtsmpsn and 2 others like this.
  7. Bedlam

Bedlam Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Swisstool ratchet to put together a table :) Puny little thing, but I haven't found anything better to use in place of those horrible cheap allen/hex keys.

8. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Used one of those myself just the other day. Was in a hard to reach spot. No way I was gonna remove the pulley just to adjust a spring screw. Didn't get pics of that. But here's some others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Disclaimer: Slightly recycled pic.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    That covers most of it. Making up for lost time. :D

9. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

Was going to use my knife to open a package but alas it said not to...

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water-Rat, No Agenda, Tuesday and 8 others like this.
  10. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

Not much today. Used my Fenix E11 to check that the parking permit on the dashboard of my rental had not expired.

scbubba, thePlumbah, Brtsmpsn and 2 others like this.
  11. Montetobuso

Montetobuso Loaded Pockets

Used my LM bit kit for an Allen-screw at work today, couldn't find the right full-sized bit anywhere among my tools, the screw needing a size I never really use.
    [​IMG]

I think it is the first time I use the bit in an electric tool, and it worked fine. Not great, not bad. A little play, but it didn't really affect the job.

Doraemon, scbubba, keith1234 and 2 others like this.
  12. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

I used my Fisher Bullet Space Pen to write out address on padded envelope to send my sentimental Buck Bantam back to Buck to get sharpened. It's dull to the point of sheer unusability, and I still don't know much about sharpening yet. Used my Recycled Firefighter to get out my card to pay for it. Used my sunglasses, truck keys, and phone throughout the day obviously. Used my Benchmade Mini Grip to play with while watching a movie.

scbubba, Brtsmpsn and vegassprky like this.
  13. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Used my Izula to cut up some cardboard for some packaging. Nitecore Tube to watch for puppy landmines outside with my boy.

Unagi42, Idox, Doraemon and 4 others like this.
  14. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Used my Zebralight sc52 to light up the basement of a condemned building so I could see my way around to make photographs. Great light.

15. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Yesterday I used my Pocket Toolx Pirahna to scrape some rubber packing off the glass top on a patio set.

16. Unagi42
    • In Omnia Paratus

Unagi42 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I had to go under a house yesterday to try and find an exit to the exterior for irrigation low-voltage cable. Unsuccessful but not for lack of illumination on behalf of my Olight S15 Baton.
    [​IMG]

17. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I was a tunnel rat for years, back then it was my P6 or a rechargable LED light.

Water-Rat, Unagi42, keith1234 and 3 others like this.
  18. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Used my Maratac screwdriver keys & my leatherman SuperTool to disassemble my 3 cup French press at work. Had to replace the glass portion after someone cracked it at the office.

At home I used my minigrip to open a bag of weed & feed to spread on the lawn.

Later I used the scissors on my alox Classic to trim up some wild mustache hairs.

theirishboxer, Doraemon, Idox and 4 others like this.
  19. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Used my PW2 to tighten a drain cap on a 3/4 ball stop, and my Spirit pliers to cut the excess chain off a flapper :)

Idox, scbubba, Unagi42 and 2 others like this.
  20. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

Used my Microtech auto to cut the bubble-pack for my dog's flea preventative. I think I also used my Leatherman to tighten the knot of a paracord lanyard on my keys.

Some days, I really wonder why I bother with all this junk. Others...well, I've had a day or two when I used every single thing in my EDC (if you count the FAK as one thing) except the CCW....which is probably the way it's supposed to be.

scbubba, Unagi42 and Brtsmpsn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.