1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you put your EDC to work today? (part 2)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

This is a continuation of the discussion found HERE.

2. swany66675
    • In Omnia Paratus

swany66675 Loaded Pockets

Used the tweezers of my leatherman micro to pull a thorn out of my hand.
    Used my leatherman skeletool to cut some rope to tie up the garden hose for the year.
    Used an Allen wrench out of my car kit to mount a new scope on my 22.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

DJM95B, warchild, scbubba and 2 others like this.
  3. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Cryo to cut packaging tape from facia(no idea how to spell that, its the tin trim/facer board on eves on a building...)
    Cryo to cut fiberglass insulation batts to length.
    And to trim the paper from it for around electrical boxes.
    Also used the Kobalt razor knife to cut some insulation batts. Rofis light to see after dark for putting tools and ladders away in the dark, and to lock up the site. Then to see to unlock, and look for tools and hardware that someone else didn't put away, then lock up again... :rolleyes:

Pen and WITR pad to write down insulation lengths.

Used my lighter to light my pipe, and a cigarette for another guy at work after lunch...

Seems like there should be more use of my core EDC today, after a 10 hour day, but if there is, I've forgotten it...

4. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Boker Nano to sharpen a pencil so I could mark cut lines and drilling marks on deck boards. Also used the Nano to open packs of 1/2" PVC couplings and to cut open the seal on a box of exterior screws.

All the rest of the work was done from items in the tool box...

5. Mike R

Mike R Loaded Pockets

I just used my Vic Climber to open the cellophane on my chicken ramen noodles.

6. GearAdDiCtIoN

GearAdDiCtIoN Loaded Pockets

Used my wave and gerber eab to change several receptacles an light switches an to replace some light fixtures as well

7. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I bought a Mackenzie Neck Warmer to keep my neck warm when running. It was the type that looks like a Buff, but twice the length, as it has a fleece tube attached to the microfiber fabric. This was a bit overkill, so I used the sharpest blade in my pack to take out the stitches and separate the fleece from the microfiber. My Buck 110 did an excellent job!

8. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

I'm using my Tenacious to cut 100mph tape for work tonight. My lighter to melt Para cord and my pen to write on the tape. I'm sure later I'll use other stuff:D

Brtsmpsn and scbubba like this.
  9. BubbaFett
    • In Omnia Paratus

BubbaFett Loaded Pockets

On a side note, what is the reason for starting a new thread?

[​IMG]

10. z0mbiSl4y3r

z0mbiSl4y3r Loaded Pockets

used my BRKT Necker to score some very thick dog biscuits to break into halves. Used my LM Style CS to cut some zip ties. Used my LM Wingman to twist and tighten some lockwire. Used my Fenix E05 to look into a dark hole for spiders before I stuck my hand in. Used my Gerber shard to pry open a lid on a metal ammo can that was rusted shut.

warchild and scbubba like this.
  11. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Knife to cut some zip ties. JW TiPry to open the dashboard on a work truck. Leatherman style to loosen and tighten antenna cables on vehicle tracking system. Was replacing the box with a new one.

warchild, scbubba and Water-Rat like this.
  12. AK Adventurer

Cryo to open shrink wrap on palleted mud(sheetrock plaster)
    And, I had to take down a 30' section of the cities chain link fence so it would not get crushed while we cut down some trees; The fence was bolted/clamped at one end, then wired to the posts and braces along its length with aluminum wire at 3 places on each post... Used a 9/16" socket, with ratchet, and a open end wrench from the EDCed tool kit in my truck to unbolt it, and my Wingman to unbend/take off and then later replace the wire. (didn't re-bolt it, couldn't re-stret the darned fence all the way to the post... Luckily the 16" gap I left is hidden in the trees from the other side. ;) The boss will probably hate it, and I will probably end up re-doing this tomorrow ;) :rolleyes: :cry:

13. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Got to use my flashlight at 5:15 AM to look at the damage after I hit a deer going to work... fun. :banghead:

14. AK Adventurer

A few misc. items I remember from yesterday,
    Had to shine my Rofis light into a hole in the sheet rock on a wall trying to trace wires, so we could cut a new window opening. Used Wingman to remove the shipping safety lock/catch from the new window, because the idiot that put it on rounded out the screw heads. :nah_disagree:

Cry cut the vapor barrier out of the opening, and off of the studs that came out, except for one spot around a new electrical box hole where I needed a thinner blade, that was done with the Kobalt.

15. fliplock

fliplock Empty Pockets

Walking into a first-birthday party, the hostess was still busy setting up, and wondered aloud if anyone had scissors and a pen. Out came the key ring with an SAK Classic from one pocket, Explorer space pen from the other, and I handed them to her before even saying hello. She was like, "Oh, wow, thanks - hi!"

Boom.

relate, scbubba, warchild and 4 others like this.
  16. AK Adventurer

(!(MacGyvered adaptation ahead alert)!) :D

Yesterday a friend used my SelectFire to cut down, shape, trim and add wire attachment holes to a piece of plastic lawn edging, to make it into a output block off plate on our churches ridding mower.(block the schute that throws/blows what you mow out the side of the mower and it traps it in the mower deck, and chops it finer; so when you go over downed dead leaves it mulches them into the lawn for cheap easy fertilizer... with a side bonus of not having to rake the lawn ;) )

Amazingly, this guy doesn't carry a knife anymore... in his 60s, Ex army,(Nam, Chopper pilot, ~30 years of service...) and worked for the pipeline here for years, plus he's been in Alaska 20 years or more... All three are an express education in "creative engineering" ;), and what you need to EDC to do it... Still, no knife. :eek:

Anyway...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KODIAKman, Brtsmpsn, scbubba and 2 others like this.
  17. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

^Nicely done Gary!!

Hope it wasn't too bad! Hit three in Ky. It amazes people how quickly I've learned to turn the headlights off and lay on the horn when a deer runs out on the road:) Haven't hit another yet;)

warchild likes this.
  18. oedipus1978

oedipus1978 Loaded Pockets

Yumyum :)

19. Antithetik
    • In Omnia Paratus

Antithetik EDC Junkie!!!!!

Touching up the blade on my "new" (as in unused) LM PST II with the Vic Pocket Thingy. I never use the blades on my MTs, but they are all kept razor-sharp anyway. :)

[​IMG]

The oil I cleaned away of course beforehand, just being in the process of breaking the MT in while watching TV. :)

20. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Looks like it's just the front bumper... unless they find anything under, which I doubt. (Toyota's are tough ;)) It was a pretty small deer, unless I vaporized some of it... the results to the deer were... urgh. :eek: That's... seven I think, career lifetime total. Plus more close calls than I could count.

GearAdDiCtIoN and SAKplumber like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.