1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Did you know?? Ink is influenced by magnets!

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by DCBman, Dec 21, 2021.

1. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Who would have ever 'thunk' ink would be influenced by magnets???

Certainly not me! How I found this out is kind of interesting.

One of my pens is a titanium Techliner by Ti2 Designs out of Hawaii. If you don't have one, I strongly recommend looking into them, they are fantastic pens bordering on works of art for technical drawing and writing. Anyway, the Techliner pen utilizes strong magnets to keep the cap in place, both capped and posed. The magnets, along with the ink cartridge, fit into the machined barrel with a series of magnets and spacers. My original pen showed up with a Signo insert (I think) and I wanted to switch it out to a G2.

I wrote to Mike and he was gracious enough to send me the right magnets and spacers, but before I wrote to him I discovered that if you just put a G2 insert inside the pen the ink would not flow. If you removed the magnets from the refill, the ink would flow just fine. (I noticed the same in reverse with the Signo).

It all has to do with the location of the magnets in relation to the tip.

Who knew!

#1 DCBman, Dec 21, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  2. Donald Hamilton

Donald Hamilton Loaded Pockets

Well, this explains that little mystery with my techliner! Thanks. I can’t wait to get home and try it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCBman likes this.