1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Diamondback .380

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by rlc5925, Jan 17, 2013.

1. rlc5925

rlc5925 Loaded Pockets

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of the Diamondback .380

2. mrjaw14

mrjaw14 Empty Pockets

I used to have one. It was awful. Jam-o-matic with lots of different brands of ammo to the tune of at least 2 per clip would jam. I traded it. I bought it on impulse without doing my due diligence on research. You'll find the opinion on them is overwhelmingly negative. I replaced it with a keltec PF9. only 0.88" thick, and it's a "full sized" caliber vs the 380. 380's also more expensive ammo. go to youtube and look for nutnfancy pf9. he does a really good review. The PF9's started off rocky, but are old enough now that they've gotten darn good. just got mine, put 120 rounds through it to break it in and not one single failure. I have some springfield XD's as well and they're top notch. they just came out with a XD-s in 9mm that's tiny. right there with the PF9. I mention the PF9 because if you're looking at the DB380 I'm guessing you're on a budget. my PF9 cost $269 new last month. My Db380 cost at least that.

Idaho Gunslinger likes this.
  3. rlc5925

rlc5925 Loaded Pockets

Thanks, most helpful

4. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

And if you're still looking for a pocket gun with high reliability, check out the Kahr P380, but NOT if you're on a tight budget.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got mine with Trijicon night sights and Crimson Trace laser.

[​IMG]

surefire7 likes this.
  5. HybridMomentsPass

only thing i know about the diamondback was I was at a gun show about two years ago and there was a guy going on and on about how the ruger lcp was garbage, but that the diamondback was amazing.
    he kept saying, 'the ruger is plastic, it'll break easily. but the diamondback is a polymer, so it'll last a very long time with no problems'
    I asked him the difference between plastic and polymer and he had no answer except, 'plastic is bad but this polymer is never going to fail you'

what a joker.
    i love my lcp, if youre looking into a compact 380 you should check them out, they're great!

6. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

I looked at them, but didn't get any farther than no hold open on empty... I don't care, even if its built like a Kimber/ParaOrd/ pick your favorite high end gun, thats a deal breaker, no hold open is stupid.

Idaho Gunslinger likes this.
  7. VT-aroo

VT-aroo Loaded Pockets

I got a Smith bodyguard in .380. Nice in the hand, no jamming so far, and very accurate. The only drawback I see is the built in laser is on or blink or off. I would like instant on. Oh and the reason I posted is because it locks open. ( and will fire with the mag removed )

8. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

The CT on my Kahr comes on as soon as the pistol is gripped.

9. nemoaz

nemoaz Loaded Pockets

I'm not a fan of a Glock style trigger for a pocket gun. That alone would keep me away from the DB.

10. Octagon

Octagon Loaded Pockets

I had a LCP liked it decently but sold it and picked up a DB380. The DB380 has real sights that are much easier to see in low light and pick up quickly in normal light. The trigger feels a decent amount better and for my tastes I like the shorter reset and smooth metal design. Recoil was lighter in back to back comparison with LCP with same ammo. In short a really nice gun, however it was totally unreliable with almost 350 rounds of several different types and brands in different weights, hardball and hollowpoints I had alot of failure to feed( nose into feedramp) or fail to fire ( light primer strike that mostly would fire on second strike but not always) and then it broke and the trigger would not reset. It was too much for personal defense so I sold it and got another LCP. The second LCP was just like the first. Decent not great with poor sights, OK trigger but totally reliable 100%. Not locking the slide back on an empty mag is a fault IMHO but not a total deal killer. The Kahr PM380 is very nice but too expensive for my use(I have a PM9 and it is awesome but in a different role)

Kahr now has introduced a CW380 which is the more budget version of the PM380 and it has good sights and trigger with slide hold open slide lock and good design for about $400 or less street prices(MSRP is $419) I expect to get a CW380 soon.

TARFU likes this.