1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Delrin Antacid Vault/Tube/Cache/Locker

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by cessna928, Aug 5, 2016.

1. cessna928

cessna928 Empty Pockets

Hi, I'm new to this forum but have been active in different ones before. So, I tried searching to see if anyone knew of a waterproof delrin tube built with individual antacid rolls in mind; no luck.

I was just curious if anyone was aware of anything that would meet that niche. There is a weird roll protector that rolaids used to sell, but those are apparently both out of production and not waterproof. It seems to me that battery lockers are common enough that it shouldn't be a stretch to get one (like from countycomm) but light duty and dimensioned to fit common antacid rolls. I'm crossing my fingers that you guys have a line into something like this, I'd really rather not have to try to build my own (since I don't have a shop or lathe handy).

Aluminum or Titanium are options, but I'd rather have something that won't eat a hole in the cargo pockets on my work pants or mar the finish on anything (knive/flashlights/etc) so delrin seems like the best candidate.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Loaded Pockets

At the Container Store I picked up a Nalgene tube that is the right size to hold about 10 antacids from a bottle. They have them in all sizes and probably have one that fits a roll of Tums. It cost somewhere between $.50-$1.00

Chad

3. cessna928

cessna928 Empty Pockets

I looked into the nalgene vials, but they look a little chunky for pocket carry. I may still try one, just to see if it'll work, since they're super cheap. However, after checking the dimensions of a roll from a multi-pack of rolaids, it looks like countycomm may actually be the closest to a smooth fit. Each roll is approximately L= 62mm or 2.5in and D=16.2mm or .64in. http://www.countycomm.com/delrinsafe.html is pretty close to those numbers but at $15 and 1.2"x3.0" exterior dimensions, that's a pricy/chunky rolaid storage tube. lol

I'll keep looking around and see if I can find anything that beats those numbers (in price and exterior dimensions).

-EJ

4. Co_Outdoorsman

Co_Outdoorsman Loaded Pockets

I use an Advil tube for tums. They fit in perfectly. I get 9 750Mgs inside. I actually carry two of these in my front pocket. One for tums and the other for my meds and some advils. I have carried these for so many years I can't count. Never had issues with moisture or them breaking down. When the tums dust builds up I simply twist up a paper towel and screw into the tube and they clean up well. They can be bought in almost any drug store or the impulse isle at Walmart checkouts and even have seen them at connivence stores. They cost next to nothing and already come with a supply of Advil gels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

High5 zero comes in stubby short tubes that may fit

6. Blackbeagle
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blackbeagle Loaded Pockets

Maybe look for the coin tubes from coin collectors supply. I know some are chunky but I recall some that are not.

7. backwater-otter

You could always have something 3-d printed to your dimensions.

8. Larry Larson

Larry Larson Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the best corner of the internet for helpful people :) As mentioned previously, some OTC medicines come in travel-sized plastic containers, I'd say check at gas stations and convenience stores but I know they jack the price up so that you end up paying up to 5x the price of a regular sized bottle but there are Dollar stores and .99 cent stores around me where you can get the travel sizes of different OTC meds for, you guessed it, about a buck each. If you are in the US, I'll bet you have some of these stores in your area.

9. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Anyone know if delrin (Polyoxymethylene (POM), also known as acetal, polyacetal and polyformaldehyde) is food grade food compatible?

10. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

CountyComm has Delrin containers in many sizes and might have just the thing for this?
    I also wonder though if they are OK for this as some are pretty stinky too and that can not be ideal for something that you plan on swallowing?

I know you can get aspirin in tubes and that would be the perfect container if they fit what you need.

11. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

If you have prescription meds you take on a regular basis you might want to think about either reusing one of those vials or talking to your pharmacist to get some small size vials. Admittedly these are not always a small enough diameter to make them comfortable to carry in a pocket. But if you carry an edc bag, this could work. Benefits are you really don't need to worry about whether or not these vials are compatible with meds; they will be cheap; and are easy to get replacements for!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David