1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Default hight mode anyone like this?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Kev2488, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

I just received my Lens-Light mini this morning and the description wasn't very clear as to whether it was Default High or Default Low because the description said both in the title and description. So I'm seeing if anyone like the default high UI or should I be sending this light back. I pulled the trigger because they are impossible to find and I decided I'd take the chance on default high, thanks

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I think the default High is considered better as a Tactical light so you get that blast of light every time.
    Did you get it from Lens Light or somewhere else?

Are you asking if anyone wants to buy this one from you?

3. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

I got it from Blade Hq, I don't want to sell it I just normally get Low mode first on all my lights. I don't want to sell is so much as I want to know if other people enjoy having the full output on the first push. I will admit that the low mode is very dim in flood mode so maybe high output isn't so bad really.

4. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

I have a Fenix E12 and SolarForce Z2.... both similar style, I like the Z2 as it defaults to high mode, the E12 to low

5. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

I have to admit the light is tough I dropped it down the stairs about 7foot up and 8 steps in and it smashed on the concrete and only had this tiny knick [​IMG]

6. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I prefer starting in the highest mode for lights that I use outside and starting in medium, low, or moonlight for lights I mostly use inside.

Outside, I need that bright light right away to show me what I'm walking into or to warn away drivers. Inside, that bright light would blind my dark adjusted vision and it's better to start with less light.

It's not too hard or annoying to just put the head of the light against your leg, body, or other hand to partially or fully block the light until you get it in the right mode. I do this all the time with my Olight i3s. I like to use the moonlight in the morning when I get up, but it's 3 twists to get to it (M-H-ML, so I just aim it at the floor and partially block the light with my leg until I get it in the right mode. Would it be easier if moonlight was first, maybe, but I use that light as an edc and the medium and high modes are what I use the most, so I do like the mode order. It's only annoying in the morning when my eyes are adjusted for pitch black and I'm not fully awake. So, I just block the amount of light until I'm happy with the mode and I'm good.

Of course, lights that give you the option of starting in either low or high are the best. I love my Nitecore MT2A that I can set to start in low mode, but I can twist the head to start in turbo if I need to.

Kev2488 likes this.
  7. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

No..... low to high for me. I hardly ever need anything tactical and hate blinding light when I just need a little.

Kev2488 likes this.
  8. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

Actually in the flood mode high isn't that bad indoors. I think I like it.

9. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

What do you mean by flood mode?

Kev2488 likes this.
  10. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

The Lens light has a Zoom mode and Aspheric Lens System so I imagine he means with the lens zoomed out to flood instead of a spot beam?

Mumbojumboo and Kev2488 like this.
  11. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

Yes with the lens zoomed out its actually quite nice very nice tint also. The square Hotspot takes a little to get used to though. Think I will buy another one maybe the tan color one or the 2 cell version.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  12. Welfare

Welfare Loaded Pockets

Instant massive blast on all of mine, but I also keep a AAA in my pocket for the close stuff.

Kev2488 likes this.