1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

DEF CON 2017

Discussion in 'Trade Shows & EDCF Gatherings' started by Mr. Glass, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Mr. Glass

Mr. Glass Loaded Pockets

Hi Folks,

A lot of my friends who work professionally in information security and have the hacker mentality also often share my passion for EDC and gear. Many of us will be at DEF CON 25 this coming week.

Any other forum members going? Want to have an impromptu meetup? I will be at the Lockpick Village most of the time.

The DEF CON Shoot may also appeal to some of you:

http://deviating.net/firearms/defcon_shoot/

Best Regards,
    Glass

2. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

It's a goal of mine for the year to learn more about networking and security. I could elaborate, but I'd love to visit. Probably never will happen since my career is mental health rather than IT.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mr. Glass likes this.
  3. Mr. Glass

Mr. Glass Loaded Pockets

InfoSec is not my "paying the bills" job either. I just love the community and the quality technical conversations. You should definitely try and make it out sometime or perhaps otherwise look for local DEF CON or 2600 meetup groups in your area. Local in-person social connections have helped me learn far more in this space than the occasional conferences.

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  4. azaex

azaex Loaded Pockets

I'm going to go eventually, not this year though. Watched way too many talks online by this point to not have it on my list :p

Mr. Glass likes this.