1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Deep Blue Owners - Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Nilloc, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Nilloc

Nilloc Loaded Pockets

I’m either on a streak of bad luck or these watches, which I thought I was going to love, have turned out to be junk.

Issue 1:

I just received a Master Diver from them last week and so far, the power reserve lasts less than 12 hrs. Are they really that bad? I wore the watch all day yesterday, took it off around 7 pm last night and when I woke up around 6:45 am, the watch had stopped moving.

Issue 2:

My NATO diver had run out of power due to me not wearing it for 2 days. This morning, after I set the time, I went to push the crown ack in and now all it does is spin and spin and never actually engages. So the crown won’t set.

I didn’t pull it out hard or anything. I pulled it light as normal and when I pushed the crown back in, I put it in as normal.

2 watches not functioning to my expectations is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. I had high hopes for these.

2. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Don’t know the brand personally, but a quick search indicates that the master 1000 use the Seiko NH-35 movement and the master 2000 use the ETA 2824-2.
    Both movements are industry workhorses that is known to be solid and reliable. I have several watches with ETA 2824-2 and I have not experianced any problems with timekeeping or power reserve.
    I only have one NH-35 watch, so thats a really small sample count to form an opinion, but no problems at all so far.

Ackording to the internet watch community the NH-35 has a reputation to be bombproof (I guess in a mechanical movement scale that is) and great value for money. A slightly reduced beat rate (3Hz / 6bps) seem to be the main sacrifice your making compared to some higer end movements
    The ETA 2824-2 has a reputation to not like hand winding very well. It´s supposedly possible to overwind it and damage tha main spring. Not sure what symptoms that would give you, maybe it won´t work at all, or maybe low power reserve...? Otherwise it´s a pretty solid movement and preferred by many because its widespread utilization means that every watch maker / repair shop in the galaxy has spare parts and knowledge to service them.

3. ghuns

ghuns Loaded Pockets

Wow. That's a bummer.

My Master 1000 2.5 has a crazy long power reserve. My only complaint is the lack luster lume.

Since one is brand new, I'd think they would take care of it without question. Is the NATO still in the 1 year warranty period?

Keep us updated on their customer service treats you.

4. Nilloc

Nilloc Loaded Pockets

The NATO is about 5 months old. I got it in a trade, so I’m hoping they will work on it under warranty. If not, I hope fixing the crown isn’t an expensive repair.

5. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

I can't offer any specific advice for the problems you're having as I haven't experienced them myself. However, as the owner of 4 Deep Blue watches, I've been very satisfied with their performance and certainly wouldn't give up on them. Definitely reach out to customer service and see what happens.

6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@Nilloc: where did you buy the one that wasn't a trade from? Reputable seller?

Moshe ben David

7. Nilloc

Nilloc Loaded Pockets

I purchased directly from Deep Blue.

8. Nilloc

Nilloc Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. That’s why I traded for the NATO and ended up buying a Master 1000. I love the way they look and I love the overall feel.

Unfortunately two issues have hit about the same time so it’s just got me a little nervous.

9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Good to know. I'd seen them on Amazon; and while I do buy even some watches there, I am very aware that there is a chance of getting clones etc. Which prompted my question.....!

Hope your issues get resolved for you.

Moshe ben David

Nilloc likes this.
  10. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

I had a crown issue with my Deep Blue, so I sent an email to the company regarding the problem. Go to the Deep Blue website for this contact info. They will ask for a model number, and serial number. Eventually, they answered, and sent me a download-form, with a New York service address (JS Time Inc. - Repair Dept.; 1716 Coney Island Ave., Ste. 3R; Brooklyn, NY 11230) to send it to, for service/exchange. This form must be included, with a statement of the problem your experiencing. I had to pay UPS shipping, and a service fee ($19.95). Which I didn't like, since the watch was under the purchase warranty terms. I would still rather pay the 'inspection fee' than do nothing, and eat-the-cost of a defective unit. But, it is what it is, when you buy a 'micro-brand'. So, after a few weeks, and review/inspection; they found it to be factory-defective, and elected to send me a brand new watch. You can also, call them directly. I have three Deep Blue watches, and it was the only one I had an issue with. Would I purchase another Deep Blue, probably; if it was something I liked. My next purchase will be most-likely a Helm diver. Hope this info helps you out!

Gary Gross and Nilloc like this.
  11. TNRonin

TNRonin Loaded Pockets

I just ordered a day/night and they jacked the shipping and said not to blame them. I have cancelled and still nothing. They don't answer emails either. And I know they saw it. If or when the watch shows up I don't know if I will keep it. They should have sent it UPS instead of USPS. I'm at about two weeks waiting on it.

Not even a offer to refund the shipping.

With that said if you enter EDC you get 40% there stuff.

And they don't work on Friday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#11 TNRonin, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019