1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Deciding Between Three Watches (Seiko & Citizen)

Discussion in 'Watches' started by compy222, Jun 21, 2011.

1. compy222

compy222 Loaded Pockets

I'm looking at three watches for daily wear and work/casual use. I do have a smaller wrist, so a very large face isn't a good idea. I also work in an office environment, but prefer something very durable as I work on my car/garage stuff a fair amount. I don't dive, though occasionally swim. I do like a nice lume for night visibility, but that isn't a huge deal for me. It should be noted that I'm trying to stick close to a 200.00 budget if you have any other suggestions.

1. Citizens BJ7000-52E Eco-Drive Nighthawk
    [​IMG]

2. Seiko SNAD05 Flight Computer
    [​IMG]

3. Citizens JR3060 Eco-Drive Skyhawk
    [​IMG]

If anyone has any opinions, please chime in.

2. adimag

adimag Loaded Pockets

Both are very good brands and will serve you well for a long time. Of the models you have shown, I would go with one of the Citizen watches since they are Eco-drive. You will not have to worry about changing the battery for a very long time. Seiko's are very good watches, I just prefer the kinetic Seiko's for the same reason I suggested the Citizen's. No battery change for a very long time. But, it all boils down to your budget and which watch "speaks" to you. Good luck with your decision!

3. ezeqdb

ezeqdb Loaded Pockets

If they were all in the same price, I would go for the Citizen for the same reason of adimag, and because I like it more.

I also have a small wrist, so I use a Titanium Casio Protrek. Very classy, a lot of useful information (because of the triple sensor) and lightweight.

4. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I would go with the Skyhawk. Eco-drive plus the added functions of timer, alarm, etc.

5. mr.hauser

mr.hauser Loaded Pockets

I have a nighthawk and its a great watch. The asian market version i prefer due to the nicer caseback, signed crown, and no "nighthawk" label on the dial.

It wears great on a small wrist btw (I have 6.5")

6. compy222

compy222 Loaded Pockets

the pro-trek is cool, but i want analog. that's a problem for me in terms of wearing it with nicer clothes/suit.

mr.hauser - where can i find an asian market version of the nighthawk for reasonable coin? I like the skyhawk a lot, but costco just sold their last one they had for 224.00 and the only ones i see online are well over 300.00 now. :(

also, dumb question about the nighthawk - can you run a nato style zulu strap if you want?

7. photomic

photomic Loaded Pockets

Yes, it has regular strap lugs

8. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

[QUOTE I like the skyhawk a lot, but costco just sold their last one they had for 224.00 and the only ones i see online are well over 300.00 now. :([/QUOTE]

Check other Costcos in your area. I have found that the inventory they carry varies from store to store.

9. mr.hauser

mr.hauser Loaded Pockets

10. bquinlan

bquinlan Loaded Pockets

Those are all great watches, but I have a real fondness for the Skyhawk. It looks great, has a useful array of features, and mine is accurate to around 1 second per month.

--Bob Q

11. corbs64269

corbs64269 Empty Pockets

I got my Nighthawk (U.S) about a month ago. I really like it, and get comments on it all the time. It really is a great looking watch! I would highly recommend it!

-Eric

12. cibolodave

cibolodave Loaded Pockets

I have a Citizen Skyhawk and love it

13. MashBill

MashBill Loaded Pockets

I have a Skyhawk. It is a great watch. I plan to get a Nighthawk as well.

14. compy222

compy222 Loaded Pockets

thanks for all the input, the misses just ordered me the nighthawk. :thumbup: