1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Decided to buy backups

Discussion in 'Knives' started by plumberroy, Feb 16, 2019.

1. plumberroy

plumberroy Loaded Pockets

I was looking through Victorinox website a few days ago. My favorite SAK was not there . The Walker, they're still available on Amazon and Ebay. So I ordered an extra one. It arrived today, I checked it out and put it in my knife drawer . I am waiting for March to by my other favorite EDC knife because it will be available in orange then a Mora Eldris. I will have backups for my 2 most carried knives in case something happens to my current ones and they my not be available at that time

JHGM, ZMZ67, Mumbojumboo and 3 others like this.
  2. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

Not a bad idea at all . I just bought a Sprint run of a spyderco manix2 2 . Two per customer. Wish I had gotten two .
    The old adage you better get a spare , because they are going to stop making them sooner or later. Is very true.
    Jake

JHGM and Elmiro Dungfoot like this.
  3. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

Your right. Especially true regarding 'traditional' knives. They do a 50, 100 piece-run, and then bye-bye! If you have the coin, and want the item, you had better 'grab-it'.

4. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

Yes especially great eastern. I am in my my sixes, so lost is more of a issue , than wearing one out .

Jake

5. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

When I was a lad, they used to say, "If it's good, better buy 2 because they're going to quit making it." I've found it to be truer as time goes by.

Lateck and That Movie Guy like this.
  6. ZMZ67

ZMZ67 Loaded Pockets

I just received an order of five knives a few days ago,all of them except for one were back-ups. I had been putting off spending the money but figured I better get them while they are all still available. While the knives,a Spyderco,SAK and a couple lower end Kershaws may be available in the future since they are popular designs they will all most likely be more expensive to replace a few years down the road.

7. Joseph08

Joseph08 Loaded Pockets

Good to know. No doubt backups are extremely important.

8. HeadOffice

HeadOffice Loaded Pockets

Backups are SUPER important. When I had a chance to get hold of left handed PM2s I snapped up three. Same with the left handed large Sebenzas...

Buckeye Jake likes this.