1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Debating on which Olight to get...

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by mrtwohands, Feb 21, 2017.

1. mrtwohands

mrtwohands Loaded Pockets

Ok, so I had, had, an Olight S1 Baton until yesterday. It was edc flashlight. Unfortunately I lost it yesterday while fishing. It decided to go for a swim and that was all she wrote. Do not really want to talk about it lol.

I really liked the flashlight. However, since I am need of a new one, I have been looking at getting the S1 again or S2 Baton and the S10 Baton for edc. I am leaning towards getting the S1 again but the S2 has really peaked my interest.

Has anyone owned all three and can persuade me one way or another?

2. mrtwohands

And now add the Olight S Mini to the mix lol

PTBN likes this.
  3. Safety1st

Safety1st Loaded Pockets

Here's another suggestion.... how about the Olight S1A.
    The same sort of power, slightly thinner, and slightly longer than a S1|S10 but takes only AA battery.

ps: sorry to hear about your loss of Edc light. Not nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. mrtwohands

Was trying to stay with something used the CR123 batteries as I have quite a few of them. Should probably invest in the rechargeable ones lol. But I will definitely check it out.

Not going to lie it really sucks. But what can ya do I reckon. Guess I should take a cheapo light with me next time.

5. JLeePhoto

JLeePhoto Loaded Pockets

I have a S1 & S2 but carry a ZL SC52w because I prefer the recessed switch, customizable levels, ease of finding batteries and the tint. That said, if you want to stick to a similar size and battery, why not the ZL SC32w?

6. Safety1st

Safety1st Loaded Pockets

Have your considered a lanyard ?

When using a light in stressful conditions I use a lanyard. Clipped to my jacket or belt. Allows full use of the light - but if dropped, it'll dangle but you'll not lose it.

[​IMG]

#6 Safety1st, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  7. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

I really like my mini. I think it's pretty much the perfect 1 battery CR123A battery. My only complaint is that I've had 3 occasions where something hit the button and turned it on in my pocket.

8. mrtwohands

Thanks JLeePhoto. That is a really nice looking light. I added it my wish list on Amazon.

Safety1st. I haven't until this past week when I lost mine lol. That's not a bad idea though. Thank you for the tip.

Dirty Rod. I have read quite a few reviews where people have had that issue. Never had that issue with my S1.

I actually ordered another S1. But after looking around I might pick up another light.

9. The Sixth Beatle

The Sixth Beatle Loaded Pockets

Spin the clip round so it covers the button.

10. iMarcoU

iMarcoU Loaded Pockets

S10Rii

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

11. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

Not sure how I can do that. The clip fits into a specific slot that holds it in place on the Mini. If you spin it around it won't fit down into the groove.

12. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

...or one that floats.

13. The Sixth Beatle

The Sixth Beatle Loaded Pockets

Sorry, I thought it was like the s1/s2, on those you can spin the clip round

14. mrtwohands

That could work also. Better than losing another one lol

15. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

I have owned the S1 and have two S2's but not familiar with the S10. If you liked the S1, I would tell you to buy another. Great size, performance and value but you already know that. The S2 is a big light and not as comfortable to carry as the S1, at least for me, and I rarely carry the S2 unless I know I am going to need some extra lumens. I always have one in my bag though and it gets used periodically. Your desire to stay with the CR123 platform is wise, I've struggled with this myself and have too many variations of lights that take too many different battery types. With a redo I would stick to AAA for EDC and 18650 for a bag light, although my favorite light is a AA, but that's just my opinion and this isn't the place for that discussion. I would say that if you want to stay with the CR123 battery the S2 doesn't make a lot of sense. I realize it will run on 2 CR123 but using that style instead of the 18650 won't provide the maximum performance of the S2 and there have been some safety concerns with this platform but that may be overblown too. The lumen output with CR123's is close but it kind of defeats the purpose, in my mind anyway. I'm sure someone will post actual output differences of the 2 batteries in this light as I should have and may have a differing opinion. Just something to think about, good luck.