1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Deal extreme

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by JasonAre, Oct 9, 2011.

1. JasonAre

JasonAre Banned

Whose shopped with them?

2. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

3. Makaveli

Makaveli Loaded Pockets

Me 2

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

4. JasonAre

JasonAre Banned

How’s their shipping and service?

5. Scottyzedinosaur

Scottyzedinosaur Loaded Pockets

Takes about a month. Once you order, try to forget its coming. That way, the month goes by a tad faster. Service is...nonexistent. basically, you get what you pay for. There are some good deals there.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

6. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

I have yet to have a problem with them....Shipments take about 10-14 days to arrive to me. I had one issue with a bluetooth dongle that was DOA, but a quick email and they mailed me a replacement.

Great service, but of course you get what you pay for, most of what I have purchased is still working

7. invisiblejules

invisiblejules Loaded Pockets

One more vote for DX! Their shipping takes a long time but they've recently set up a US warehouse that should cut down on that for some items. The reviews are very helpful, particularly for flashlights.

8. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Shipping: Horrible!

Service: What service??

No, I wish I was being sarcastic. But both answers are spot-on.

9. bindibadgi

bindibadgi Loaded Pockets

I've spent hundreds there. On a few occasions I've got something that was DOA or broke very soon. In all cases, they mailed me replacements with minimal hassle. I say minimal rather than no hassle, because on one occasion they requested I email them a photo of the defective part. Once I did that, they sent out a replacement without any more ado.

Shipping time is a bit tardy, but what do you want for nothing? Rrrrrubber biscuit?

10. radar45

radar45 Loaded Pockets

Hi, From DX to Western Australia it takes about 4 weeks until the goods arrive. I have placed 6 orders with them and had no problems. If they are out of stock with part of the order they split the order and send the rest when they get stock.

11. Dusty

Dusty Loaded Pockets

I have had several items to the UK in less than 3 weeks, never had an item go missing, a couple DOA but soooo cheap it wasn't worth worrying about.

I buy Fauxtons in bags of 50 or more and always expect one or two dead ones so I'm never disappointed when they arrive like so.

12. allotabass

allotabass Loaded Pockets

+1 for DX

I'm in the process of getting another order ready now and it's easy to get lost in the volume of items.....mainly for me it's all flashlights. Narrowing a search makes it easier.
    I have never had a broken item and I've received about 60+ lights from them. I also sell a lot of what I order so I have to trust the quality in order to feel confident.

Service: Well you get immediate order confirmation and when the order is finally ready to ship you get a notice and a tracking number. Granted the tracking number can't be traced but it's better than most retailers. At least they let you know it's coming. From Hong Kong ot the eastern USA is roughly three weeks.
    Quality: Yes you get what you pay for but so far I'm impressed with the overall quality of the items versus cost. Everything works and is in new condition. Indivisual item packageing and those paper envelopes are terrible. I'm nervous with every shippment. Keep your email notice, it's your receipt. No paper receipt included with your order.
    SIDE NOTE: 6 Super Sporks for $4USD. The quality is spot on.
    Actual contact: I had one item missing due to poor packageing. Envelope was torn but taped somewhere along the way. One light was gone. I emailed DX, gave them my order # and a few pics and they are sending me a replacement (conveniently with my next order). All emails and the website are in English.
    Overall Experience: For me it's been great. Lots of stuff on their site. Prices vary and sometimes an item is listed twice with different prices. Know what your looking at and compare. Overall service has been super for an importer. Direct email contact when needed is a far cry from most domestic retailers.

I forgot. No every item has a review attached but it's a good idea to read the reviews to get a better idea from actual people. I find it good policy that a site will list a review for their products...good or bad...and lets you decide how to continue. Customer uploaded pics and video are an added plus.
    They offer points for purchases, reviews and recommendations. Granted the points are based on 1 point for every $10usd spent. Not a deal breaker but it's a commitment from a retailer that they want your return business. I couldn't tell you how many times a retailer lost my business and didn't care to get it back.

13. 95yjinpa
    • In Omnia Paratus

95yjinpa Loaded Pockets

I have ordered from them several times as well. You cant beat the prices! Read the customer feedback, it helps some. Shipping is horrible!!! I had an issue with an order not processing because an item was not in stock. took forever to contact someone, but when I did it was resolved quickly. When they provide a tracking number, if you live in the USA, you can take that number to USPS.com, and track the package there.
    I am, so far, very happy with everything I have purchased. Just be careful, you can spend a ton of money before you know it........lol.
    P.S. I build a list in my favorites, and then export it to Excel. Sometimes your wishlist items dissapear.

14. Ken_B

Ken_B Empty Pockets

I've placed a couple of orders with them, mostly for flashlights, batteries and chargers. As folks have said, a HUGE variety of stuff, cheap and inexpensive, but not quick.

Ken

15. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Slow and good, respectively.

16. Redstarny

Redstarny Empty Pockets

They ship very slowly, but good prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Matthew 7:7

17. jnsn

jnsn Loaded Pockets