1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Data base errors when trying to post?

Discussion in 'MEMBER RULES, GUIDELINES & ANNOUNCEMENTS' started by JonSidneyB, Dec 7, 2011.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Data base errors when trying to post?

I realize that you will not be able to post if you are getting this. If you are unable to post due to data base errors send me a PM.

I am going to try and find out why some of us might be getting database errors when attempting to post.

2. FeebleOldMan

FeebleOldMan Loaded Pockets

I do get that error but the post gets through.

3. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

Just had one, the page got stuck on database error adn the post didn't go through, but after a few refresh attempts I got the original page back and posted again, this time no problems.

4. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

I made a post that is not showing up. If I go in my profile and look at all my posts it appears there but not in the thread.

5. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

I'm still finding the occasional db table erroring out as corrupt and am fixing them. These should iron themselves out soon.

6. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

The christmas one? I noticed this too!

7. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

PM Me if/when you see these and I will work on it. I'd like to try and keep Jon on more important tasks (like shipping knives!) ;)

8. RonReagan

RonReagan Loaded Pockets

Yeah this just happened to me on the Christmas thread lol.

9. 95yjinpa
    • In Omnia Paratus

95yjinpa Loaded Pockets

It was happening to me at 2am this morning on my iphone via tapatalk. Said I couldn't post duplicates when the first one hadn't posted (but it's there now).

10. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I knew the forum was going to crash last night. I could feel it struggle as I was doing a couple of things. When I tried to get to server it turned out it needed a reboot. It was a bit of a wait for the host to get the reboot done, I stayed at the computer until it came back up. Once up I found the data base was corrupted. That was a typical easy fix, it happens once in a great while. After it came up it was a little shakey so I checked a couple of more things. I went back to try in vain to catch up on messages and wrap some more packages then fell asleep at the computer, yes I do that once in awhile.

Sometime after I fell asleep things went down hill but I had also not been looking at the forum before falling asleep. This morning I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. I had an appointment with the engraver and had to get to the post office before hand and had a broken forum. This was a problem I had never dealt with before so I spent the first part of the morning reading a little about this issue. I then went to the post office as fast as I could then went to the engraver. I rushed back home worried that I was not getting any packaging done and not getting any messages of any kind done. I chatted with some cpanel people I think I was starting to get a handle on what needed to be done but was verifying it since I didn't want to make things worse. Some cpanal people wanted me to get the host to install putty on the server so I could get some info for them (I frequently consult people before doing things I have never done before).

In the middle of all of this the engraver called and said he had an issue with spotting on a couple of knives due to oil mixing with the compound used for lasering, I needed to go to the engraver to clean all the oil of the knives before they where being engraved. The host and the cpanel guys had a difference of opinion on things and I had to leave soon to go clean the knives. I had remembered Kripto saying he could help when ever needed. I gave him a call and ran the info that the cpanel guys gave me and the hosts objections while looking at the clock. He said he would take care of the problem so I ran off to the engraver to clean knives. Kripto saved me a ton of hours... It would have taken me a while to get my plan of action together but there where other things that I needed to be doing. Kripto got it done much faster than I would have as I would be writing down the plan of action then crawling through it very slowly to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. Kripto didn't need to do all the thinking about how to handle it.

I lost a day but I would have lost more of it without his help. I was planning on adding a handful of people to the staff when we changed software. I am going to ask Kripto to be on the staff for his technical ability for the new software. He might be coming on board a little sooner than that. Well I am off to try and play catchup.

Everyone thank Kripto for all of his help. I would still be working on this since I have not been back from the engraver that long and was on unfamiliar territory, the cpanel guys and the host was not 100% sure one what to do either. We where sorting that out when I had to run and Kripto took over. I have gotten used to doing this stuff by myself, the help this time was very nice (it is usually amature hour behind the curtain).

I lost a little bit of time so bear with me as I try and get current.

11. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Yes!

Kripto: You rokkk,Sir!

Jon, my vote ( and thanx!) goes to Kripto!

~:evilgrin:

12. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Someone mentioned a christmas thread what was not behaving. Where is this thread at?

13. Tx_Mark

Tx_Mark Loaded Pockets

Thanks Kripto! and i had to re-set my password to log in..

14. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Way to go Kripto! You the one!!!!!! Thanks for helping Jon and all of us!!!!

15. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

In general discussion.

16. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Interesting, the thead isn't working. Checking something.

17. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

We ran into another thread like this earlier and Kripto fixed that one. There where db errors what occured when I tested that one but I didn't see one jump out at me this time. I will send a message to Kripto and see what he thinks.

18. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Great job, Kripto!

19. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

going to test a couple of threads.

20. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

We have at least one thread that is acting odd. I will explain and ask if anyone sees something really odd to post a link to it in here.

The thread below was pointed out by someone. When you post in it it shows in the main forum area who the last poster was but when you go into the thread you cannot find the post. I have not found another thread acting like this but where there is one maybe there more. I am going to give something a try but I am not sure if it will fix it. The forum might slow down a bit.

If you see db errors give kripto a yell. If you see weird acting things on the forum but don't see a db error please post a link to it and tell us what is odd about it.

http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/90039-What-is-your-least-favorite-thing-about-the-Xmas-Holiday/page5