1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

CZ75B Stainless or CZ85B Polycoat?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by afultz075, Aug 7, 2010.

1. afultz075

afultz075 Loaded Pockets

So i'm going to buy another handgun in the next few days and i've decided on either a CZ-85B in black polycoat or a CZ-75B in matte stainless steel. CZ75 SS is about $100 more than the CZ85 in black. I'm a southpaw and both of these have ambi safties so it's a good pistol for me. I'm having a hell of a time deciding on which one though (both is not an option haha!)

I guess my main concern about getting the CZ85 in black polycoat is the long-term durability of the finishing since it's a coating. The SS is absolutely gorgeous but it's really at the upper end of my budget. Has anyone owned/shot either of these? If so, what is your experience with the black polycoat finishes on CZ pistols?

2. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

The Polycoat is not my favorite finish but it will hold up just fine for daily carry. I was concerned about the polycoat at first but no longer though I would have liked a different finish.

While some will not agree with this but I got rid of my Sigs, the Glock 19, and an assortment of others after the CZ-75. I don't think the CZ-75 is the perfect but but I like the design. The improvements that I would like to see on it would all be internal but they would push the price of the gun up a lot.

3. afultz075

afultz075 Loaded Pockets

Well, I ordered my CZ today from Bud's. Ultimately decided to go with the Stainless CZ-75 in matte finish (not a fan of super shiny on firearms). It was a close race, I literally sat at my computer for over an hour going back and forth between the two. I figured the stainless wasn't going to get any cheaper/easier to find if I waited and an 85B would be relatively easier to find if I ever decided I wanted one. I really hit the ceiling of my firearm budget on this one but I know I'm going to be happy with it. Oh, and I also ordered some Coco Bolo grips from CZ-Usa as well. This will mostly be a range gun with home defense as a secondary purpose but I might carry it if i'm hiking out in the woods or camping.

4. jackthedog

jackthedog Loaded Pockets

Hope you enjoy it. CZs great and they become addicting. So watch out.

5. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

While I prefer the CZ 75BD (with decocker), I think that you will be very pleased with the 75B. It's a fine handling and shooting firearm. A little rough on the inside, but quite well finished on the outside. All in all, one of the best full size 9mm's available and basically unchanged for many years. Congrats.