For the past month or so I've been working on custom scales. I started by doing some file work on stock scales. My first attempt was on my ZT 0550. I was so pleased with the outcome that I removed my custom Kryptoglow scale and put the customized stock scale back on. My next project was doing some file work on my Persistence. Then I got myself a Dremel and some G10 My first attempt at making a scale from scratch was for my Boker SubCom, which came out decently. Next, I made scales for my Persistence. I also did some file work on the blade to make a "vine" pattern My most recent project was making scales for my Tenacious. Each time it does get a little easier.