1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Current EDC evolution - pic heavy

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Byrd2000, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Byrd2000

Byrd2000 Loaded Pockets

It's been a very long time since I've been around the forums. Like a few years long. Since then my EDC setup has evolved into many different forms. So, to welcome myself back into the online community, I'm going to be a show off!

[​IMG]

This is my to/at/from work carry; which is as an EMT. Everything is carried in/on the LAPG Zombie Hunter Bag ($20). I chose the bag for the MOLLE front and internal division. The LAPG BOB wasn't quite what I was looking for and I felt like I would be limited by the size of the pouches on it.

[​IMG]

On the outside is a 3M Littmann Classic II SE attached with an ITW Web Dominator ($1.65). Easy and quick storage and a much better stethoscope than what's on the ambulance.

[​IMG]

Inside - one main area, two smaller sections (one with soft sides), one small open top pouch, and four collumns x two rows of elastic. Can hold two Sharpies each.

[​IMG]

Inside the main section is as follows: powerbeats earbuds (can't recall exactly which ones, but best wireless ones I have used), Takeya 18 oz (530 mL) insulated bottle ($30, brand new so I don't know how great/awful it is), black Rite in the Rain 3x5 notepad in a MilspecMonkey Notebook Cover Plus (extremely useful, $4) with two Zebra F-301 pens, Scosche MagicMount ($25), generic battery containers, and nicotine delivery device.

[​IMG]

Demonstrating the MagicMount. It has a USB port to charge your phone (no cable provided) and you just stick it in a 12v oulet. A stick on rare earth magnet goes in your phone or case. Great for when you don't know how to get to the hospital!

[​IMG]

These battery containers were from Amazon. They aren't anything special except they link together. CR123, AA, AAA, and AAAA batteries.

[​IMG]

Drug reference guide and condoms. Pretty self explanatory.

[​IMG]

Spare Rite in the Rain notepad, ibuprofen, and 5.11 pocket organizer I was traded for years ago.

[​IMG]

Inside the organizer: screwdriver with a bunch of bits, Nite Ize Gear Ties, Titanium multitool/pry bar (made by a forum member whom I forget), folding scissors, Swiss+Tech Utili-Key, Swiss+Tech multitool (name forgotten), Nite Ize S Biners (#4), duct tape, more small screwdrivers, and some elastic bands with small plastic hooks. The pouch has MOLLE on the back where I thread through a few zip-ties.

[​IMG]

Stored in the elastic loops in the main compartment of the bag: Tide pen (we wear white uniforms), two Sharpies, and four extra Zebra F-301 pens. The Leatherman Kick and Spyderco Manix go in the open top pouch.

[​IMG]

Oustide right pocket: deodorant (Sandalwood), nail clippers and accessories, single use toothbrushes, and a bottle of hand sanitizer.

[​IMG]

Outside left pocket: powerbank (10,000 mAh, 2 USB ports), 4 foot micro USB cord, wall charger ($free/found), and spare 12v charger (gas station special).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the outside is a 5.11 Ignitor 6.5 Pouch ($25). Just picked it up today so we'll see how awesome/sucky it is. Inside one can find: Mio water enhancers, nicotine liquid, chapstick, gift/rewards/punch cards, and mints (great for post-meal encounters with patients!).

[​IMG]

Attached to an ITW Grimloc ($3) is Sriracha (for those underwhelming lunches). Next to that are two more S Biners with keys, car fob (with ResQMe escape tool), peg for getting ambulance keys off pegboard (lucky cat for luck), and fob for identifying whom is driving the ambulance (company records g-forces, speed, etc and one must "fob in" in order to drive). The other pouch you see is from 5.11 and contains 5.11 sunglasses.

[​IMG]

The bag also has another zippered compartment with three elastic loops that can fit an AR magazine. I just have shoe polish, polishing rag, and a lint roller. Gotta look sharp for when grandma falls!

[​IMG]

This is what gets put in my pockets upon arrival to work: Samsonite business card holder (certifications, company ID, spare cash, bank card, and drivers license) and a Surefire E2D LED Defender (left front pocket), oodles of nitrile gloves and Leatherman Raptor shears (right front pocket), and Streamlight Stylus (with a little cap that cuts down the beam) goes in the pen slot in the left breast pocket of uniform shirt. The aforementioned Rite in the Rain notebook goes in the right breast pocket.

[​IMG]

Laslty (holy hell this is an enormous post) is a Victorinox Maverick watch and an Enso silicone ring.

That's everything! Thanks for sticking through to the end. Feel free to ask about any of my junk and I'll answer as best I can.

-Byrd

#1 Byrd2000, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    volvoboy, Water-Rat, twin63 and 4 others like this.
  2. cole3418

cole3418 Loaded Pockets

Great post!! How well do you like the Scosche MagicMount? Looking at some reviews, some people say it doesn't stay on the outlet. Have you had any problems?

3. Byrd2000

Byrd2000 Loaded Pockets

Thanks! It took forever to write up. As far as the mount goes I liked it well enough to buy a second one (this one). My first was a suction cup version in my car and it worked fantastic. The 12v is a little tough to get into the outlet but with some oomph you can get it in there. It stays put no matter which direction I have it bent. I've used it in a number of different outlets (Ford, Chevrolet, Mercedes). The only thing is that if I put the phone sideways it will slip and rotate but that's only because I put the magnet near the bottom .

cole3418 likes this.
  4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@Byrd2000: absolutely amazing amount of gear you need to carry. In the pic with the LM Raptor there is an item that looks like an old-school pager? Didn't know anyone still used those... or is it something else? Labelled "T3 Plus"

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

5. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Welcome back, nice slide show of your stuff !

Byrd2000 likes this.
  6. Byrd2000

Byrd2000 Loaded Pockets

I completely forgot to put that in the description! Yes, it's a pager. Goes on my belt for when we get a call the information we need is transmitted to it. It's my direct line from the deities we call dispatch.

As for the amount of stuff carried, I do use everything on a regular basis. I've cut down on junk I don't need. The nice thing about the bag is that it tucks easily out of the way in the ambulance. If I really need to dig around in it I can plop it in my lap and find my stuff.

Last edited by Byrd2000, Apr 6, 2018
    #6 Byrd2000, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  7. DSRacing

DSRacing Loaded Pockets

In one of your photos there is a grey plastic clip with an elastic cord securing a USB cable next to your power bank and wall charger, may I ask who the manufacturer is or where you purchased them?

Thanks,

8. Begungrain7

Begungrain7 Loaded Pockets

Hell yea that rooster sauce is a mandatory edc

Moshe ben David and Byrd2000 like this.
  9. Byrd2000

Byrd2000 Loaded Pockets

I would but I can't remember who made them. I think I might have seen them once or twice at the Container Store. Sorry!

10. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Nice set up. Well organized and does seem compact for the amount of gear you are carrying.

Byrd2000 likes this.
  11. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

I hope you can/do write that stuff off when you file your taxes!