1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Cups for bottles

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by juanitovet, Jan 26, 2016.

1. juanitovet

juanitovet Loaded Pockets

Good afternoon friends. On this occasion I consult for the cups to transport at the base of the bottles. I am for a while wanting to buy a bottle of hydration. I drive options are hyper archi known and proven Nalgene and Camelbak Chute, both 32 oz. The dilemma is that which attracts me is the Camelbak, but the question is that I want to add a cup at the base to transport a bag or bottles Camelbak Maxpedition type and not take up space. Chute with someone has a cup in his base? fall loosely into the "standard" bottle bags ?. Thank you. A hug. John

2. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

The GSI Glacier Cup/Pot fits the standard Nalgene, and only fits in one of my Maxped bags.

3. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

I'v eno experience with the camelback bottles, but I know the Snowpeak 700ml titanium pot, will fit nicely on a Klean Kanteen 40oz. If they're similar in size, it might be feasible for your purpose.

reppans, ran23 and tmedina like this.
  4. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Depends on the size of the cup, but Ran and Bowman already named the most common entries.

You can find off-brand Ti "mugs" that are the equivalent of the 700ML SnowPeak.

I think you can find some insulated Snow Peak mugs that will also fit the standard Nalgene/Chute bottles.

reppans, ran23 and Bowman1911 like this.
  5. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

What the guys mentioned above... also consider the Sea to Summit collapsible cups/mugs, assuming you do not intend on cooking with it.

[​IMG]

6. NKlamerus

NKlamerus Loaded Pockets

I own both the camelbak Chute and the Nalgene. I don't believe the cups would fit both. Only the nalgenes.

Bowman1911 likes this.
  7. NKlamerus

NKlamerus Loaded Pockets

The Chute tapers towards the mouth. Not sure how reliable it would hold a cup without wobbling.

You also need to dry out the Chute lid often. It's got a lot more rubber that doesn't like to stay moist and clean

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bowman1911 likes this.
  8. iangineer

iangineer Loaded Pockets

Big fan of the X-Mug!

Bowman1911 and reppans like this.
  9. juanitovet

juanitovet Loaded Pockets

Olicamp know the mug? ebay there are aluminum and stainless steel. He had not counted on this commenting that the chute are conical, very good point. It also struck me that the gums are not kept clean, I have to decide by a Nalgene then. The intention is to cook or at least to boil water in it, the titanium is not possible? Someone has pockets for bottles Camelbak brand? Thank you very much and I keep listening suggestions. John

10. NKlamerus

NKlamerus Loaded Pockets

I would recommend possibly pairing a HydroFlask with a Metal Cup.

You add a little weight with the hydroflask but the insulation is totally worth it IMO. Ice blocks easily last 2 days in mine if I don't keep refilling it.

Cups should fit fairly well, although the bottom of a HydroFlask is a little square instead of rounded. I would find a cup with square edges. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

QuodErat likes this.
  11. NKlamerus

NKlamerus Loaded Pockets

I sent am email to Hydro Flask, I'll post the reply once received. I'm intrigued by the idea of a secondary boil cup.

QuodErat likes this.
  12. Loki74

Loki74 Loaded Pockets

I have my Camel back in a Snow Peak TI. Not sure what model it is though
    ]http://imgur.com/S5A3ZN2/

Sent from my A1R using Tapatalk

13. Loki74

Loki74 Loaded Pockets

14. Loki74

Loki74 Loaded Pockets

Sorry for multiple failed posts. First time trying to post pics from my phone...

Sent from my A1R using Tapatalk

ran23 likes this.