1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

crkt pilar large

Discussion in 'Knives' started by jocsen, May 13, 2019.

1. jocsen

jocsen Loaded Pockets

what is your opinion about the new pilar large?

2. MAGA

MAGA Loaded Pockets

My brother has the small one, it's solid but heavy AF. I would imagine the large one would feel like a brick.

jocsen likes this.
  3. That Movie Guy

That Movie Guy Loaded Pockets

Recently handled the D2 version. While it IS on the heavy side for it's size it feels like a sturdy kind of heavy, not just bulky and clumsy. It was a little smaller in the hand than I thought it would be but the first thought that crossed my mind was when I tested the grip and heft on it was, "work knife".

jocsen likes this.
  4. jocsen

jocsen Loaded Pockets

thats what i am expecting. it arrives today!it will replace my para 3 .allthough perfect edc knife is too expensive in europe(240 euros!!) and i am afraid to lose it or damage it!

That Movie Guy likes this.
  5. jocsen

jocsen Loaded Pockets

just received the knife. for the money good quality and nice ergonomics overall. a pain to disassemble because you need two t6 for the backspacer to be dissasembled.(otherwise the screws are rollin). Action not so good but ill wait for the washers to break in. i like the weight. you feel it robust in the hand. i am thinking of changing the washers with pb from my spyderco polestar.Centering is perfect.G10 is ok. i am thinking also if was a good thing jimping on the back of the spine. overall i think is a nice knife. a good cheap replacement for my para 3!

tbzbbt and That Movie Guy like this.
  6. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

Thanks for your review. I had my eye on one of these and will order.

tbzbbt

jocsen likes this.
  7. jocsen

jocsen Loaded Pockets

one more thing i have noticed. the lock if you compare it with the compression lock is much worse. it doesnt feel that solid. it locks abou1/4 the length of the base of the blade. i have tested it by knocking the blade on my desk it was solid. but i dont have that security feeling i have with the para 3 compression lock.