1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

CRKT Hammond cruiser or Spyderco Tenacious?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by tasum, Feb 11, 2011.

1. tasum

tasum Loaded Pockets

Hi there

I'm a new member to the forum.

I'm looking at a new knife and wondered whether the extra cost and quality of the spyderco outweighs the value of the hammond?

Anyone got both? What would you recommend?

2. mrpink

mrpink Banned

get the tenacious. yes the extra cost goes directly into quality. if you dont like quality get the CRKT.

3. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

That made me laugh.

Tenacious is a great knife, won't let you down. Better quality & design than some much more expensive knives on the market.

4. Boltz

Boltz Loaded Pockets

Tenacious. Hands down. My Tenacious has better fit & finish, blade steel and overall value than any CRKT I've ever bought. I highly doubt I'll ever buy a CRKT again. I only need the Ambitious to complete my Tenacious family.

5. Sealegs

Sealegs Loaded Pockets

The Tenacious, hands down. The Tenacious, Persistence, Resilience and Ambitious line of knives are IMHO priced way below their actual quality. You get twice the knife you pay for. Seriously. And I don't even like linerlocks! A friend said "Made in China, quality controlled in the US of A." and that sums up my experience of these knives.

6. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

Tenacious all they way. Pretty much nothing but good reviews on it.

7. cutter17

cutter17 Empty Pockets

The knife factories in China will make as nice a knife as you are willing to pay for. With a rising economy, the Chinese factories are getting state of the art machinery in order to better compete with the knives made elsewhere. From my experience, they are succeding!

From the standpoint of a working knife, and an edc knife, i can't see anything other than the Tenacious.

8. Cobra4246
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cobra4246 Loaded Pockets

The Tenacious all the way. I would also get the Persistence. You can't go wrong. they stay sharp a long time and they are easy to resharpen

9. thenextarcher

thenextarcher Loaded Pockets

10. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

Tenacious

11. Lev

Lev Loaded Pockets

He went for the Hammond.
    But it was on sale for a third of retail price from one of the bigger dealers here in the UK. (half the price of a Tenacious, which sells for about $70 over here)

Lev

12. tasum

tasum Loaded Pockets

Cheers for all the feedback guys.

Went for the Hammond as above, but have just ordered the tenacious over on britishblades.

All your feedback persauded me. I'm a newbie on here, but I know that people on these forums really know their stuff so I am prepared to take your collective advice.

Thank you all.

I'll let you know what it's like when it gets here. Also had to order a uk pen knife, leaf blade, seemed rude not to. Will do a review when they arrive.

Thanks for all the helpful advice. :)

13. DaBird

DaBird Empty Pockets

The Tenacious is one Hellof a knife -- for the price is just oozes Quality !!
    [​IMG]

14. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

I just got my tenacious today and I'm feeling stupid. I've known about this knife for quite sometime and have passed on it sooo many times. I hear nothing but good things about it and for less than $40, I decided to pull the trigger. I'm in shock. This knife is freakishly ridiculously sharp. I mean sharp. I actually have two fingers bandanged bc I cut myself with it. And out of all my knives by far this is the sharpest knife out of all of them, out of the box.

No blade play, blade centered when closed, solid lockup, fast deployment, great ergonomics. Not too big, not too small, it can handle heavy tasks, it can handle light tasks. A very versatile, balanced knife.

I'm telling you, if you are smart and have some kind of sense in you, buy this knife. Get the black plain edge blade. Best $35 bucks I have ever spent.

15. jest3886

jest3886 Loaded Pockets

Congrats on the new knife southpaw! I've had mine for awhile and still digging it. It's nice to get a high value knife from a quality company like spyderco.